Who ya gonna call?
Forum rules

Wiki Link

< AkibaRanger | Go-Busters | Kyouryuuger >
ReversedSentai
T-N Hakase

Go-Busters 15 Released

Post by ReversedSentai »

Very nice episode. Nice to see we are finally seeing Ryuuji's sempai. Better yet, he's MagiYellow! It's been a long time since we had a Sentai actor portray two different characters.

The Metaroid this week looks like the "I don't give a crap" type of person. I find that a bit funny, yet interesting. We don't usually see villains so emotionless.

The scene where J picks up Jin and hops away is very awkward....

Looks like Jin has a ring on his middle finger. Just like MagiRanger! Wow!

I really like the transformation scene. The part where all of the equipment from Jin's Buddyroid detaches itself and equips onto Jin is pretty awesome I must say. So a Gold Buddyroid is a Silver Senshi, eh? First robot to transform with a device to become a official Sentai warrior.

Boost up for Buster!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: Go-Busters 15 Released

Post by takenoko »

Oh sweet, Beet J Stag is voiced by the brother in Oreimo.

There are so many hilarious things in this episode, I wish I had the chat log where I recounted them. I suppose the most WTF one was when Jin got in J's arms and they hopped off going "Seeya suckers"

Wiki link for trivia: http://www.wolfinspace.com/wiki/Mission_15
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

So I liked how J's armour comes off to supply Jins for the transformation, and in stripping J 'transforms'. I do hope they explain how Beet Buster can be transformed without Stag Buster though (as in the start of the episode), or maybe its just one of those Toku don't ask things. I also like how J acts like a little brother attempting to emulate an older brother.

And that theme music is pretty sweet.
Yunnlong
Adventure
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: Sleep is God, now go worship.

Post by Yunnlong »

This week's Metaroid sounded so apathetic. That's just hilarious.

Samba sounding Sentai Song. Super. I want it. Any idea as to what the song is called?
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I know that on the second mini album being released at the end of the month, there is a song called "Boost Up! Beet Buster!" sung by Hideaki Takatori. I'm not sure if the song played was that or not, but it's quite probable.
Lunchboxx
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: All Sentai
Dreamy: To many to list!
Favorite Actor?: To many to list
Favorite Band: Van Canto
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: ASIAN GIRLS!
Quote: Elwood: "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses."

Jake: "Hit it."

Post by Lunchboxx »

J: Jin! Hop in my arms!

Jin: Ok!

*trail of rainbows*

ADVENTURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, great episode. So they have researchers that are looking into the sub-dimension stuff? That explains the commander being in that room. Again, told ya he was not evil. :D

Did anybody notice Enter wearing an apron? O_o

I actually like Beet & Stag's buster guns, they remind me of D-Magnum from Dekaranger. Also totally awesome suits.

Buddyroid who's a gold-ish color is silver?? Random, but neat at the same time.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

No lie, I had to pause the video to laugh for a minute and then rewatched that bit where J carries new Tsubasa princess-style like 12 times.

This is what we've been missing in this series, something to give it a more comedic flavor. Sure, the Buddyroids can be pretty amusing at times, but they're primarily serious, and the Go-Busters themselves are fairly stoic. I think this was the first episode I actually laughed out loud.

Also WHOOO EYE CANDY!

NEW TSUBASA YOU'RE STILL PRETTY~
m4rc0
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by m4rc0 »

Not 13, it's been only 7 years, Tsubasa. And what was that princess carry, J? Tsubasa kinda looks like a 60's - 70's rocker with that hair that outfit and those glasses. Just kind of, though. maybe if he had a mustache.

Beet's theme song is awesome. Weapon and finishers are ok. Really like how J's armor goes out of him to make Beet's suit. Let's wait to see the mecha.

I wonder why he needs the enetron.

Introducing an anti hero or at least a hero that's more playful improves Go-busters. Also, his interactions with J are funny. J will also be a good addition to the buddyroids. It's good to have another one that can move like a human.

And Nick's reaction to J transforming was priceless.

I think the hyperspace engineers building the new megazord might be the Buster's parents and other researchers.

The fights were good again and they even managed to create something different for the giant fight.

Let's hope the 4th makes the show better.
Zazelle
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Shiraishi Mako
Favorite Actor?: Shirota Yu
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Zazelle »

Tsubasa is back!!!! And he's hilarious as ever. That princess-like carry away was waaaay too awkard!

Some pretty good action this episode.

Transforming from Gold to Silver? That's so strange0. Hope they explain how he can transform.

The Metaroid's VA sounded so familiar it bothered me ever since I watched it. I found out he voices Brief from the Anime Panty and Stockings with Garterbelt (don't ask.....).
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

It's not that weird, J is just wearing the Beet armor on top of his own when he's in Buddyroid form. When they transform, J's armor transfers onto Jin.

Beet Buster and J both appearing together at the beginning is probably just an oversight.
CeronosLive
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider OOO
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by CeronosLive »

Now this J guy counts more as a ranger. v 3v Unlike GoseiKnight. D:<

...But I have a feeling Jin made all of the Buddyroids. The whole Nick not being able to navigate thing makes a whole lot more sense if the guy who strives for imperfection was behind the designs.

6:20 ...I can't stop watching this guy scream. xD

As for the Beet Busters...I kind of wish they didn't use Gold or Silver. :< They've been using those colors since Go-Onger for the Sixth ranger, start throwing in some other colors. ; m;

...Also I just noticed, but Jin has aviator glasses on his helmet.
gh0stwrit3r
Kamen Knight
My boom: Grounded

Post by gh0stwrit3r »

calling it now, they need the enetron to power their mecha. i mean, if they have mecha. though why they didn't just ask the organization to help with that is beyond me. >_>
TBustah!
Mega
Favorite series: Zyu to Kaku
2nd Favorite Series: Bouken to Kaizoku
Favorite Actor?: Toku? Hiroki Suzuki
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Slot cars
Quote: "The future.... is in the past! Onwards, Aoshima!"
Type: ISFP Composer

Post by TBustah! »

I'm guessing Jin is the source of the "leak". Yes, it's pretty obvious, but it didn't occur to me until long after the episode was over.

What's he using all that Enertron for? Teleporting everyone else from the subdimension?
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

Gorisaki seems like a mother to Ryuuji. In one flashback, Gorisaki was wearing an apron like a typical Japanese homemaker and asking if he wanted anything to eat. In this episode, Gorisaki is keeping a bunch of stuff from Ryuuji's past similar to how mothers sometimes like to hoard the schoolwork of their children. The kids think it's just garbage but to the mother, they are precious memories.

I'm surprised by the amount of care taken to design the Metaroids. Let's compare Vacuum Banki from Go-Onger to Soujikiroid from Go-Busters.
Spoiler
ImageImage

Both are mechanical enemies that use a vacuum as inspiration but have vastly different design goals. The canister that Soujikiroid uses to store Enetron seems to be based off of the canisters that bagless cyclonic vacuum cleaners use. If a Dyson and a Roomba had a baby together, would Soujikiroid be the baby?

Attacking cars was good plan. Unlike the Enetron Tanks, cars aren't heavily guarded and there are enough on the road that it would be easy to get enough Enetron from them.

It's good to see the banana missiles return instead of being used just once for a simple sight gag.
archer9234
Faiz
Favorite series: Hurricanger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Hurricane Blue
Favorite Actor?: Patrick Stewert
Favorite Band: Project R
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Hulk Universe
Quote: "Don't get us angry. You REALLY don't want to see us angry!" - Hulk & She-Hulk

Post by archer9234 »

J and Beet Buster. Good characters. The talking over each other isn't that annoying. So I wouldn't mind it staying in the show. It just feels like they copied Go-on Wings. Obviously Jin made his buddyroid. Maybe will get a episode where he modifies Nick to henshin. At least now we know where the Enetron leak is coming from. Do I smell a Megazord being built, by Jin, in the shadows...

Return to “Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters”