Who ya gonna call?
Forum rules

Wiki Link

< AkibaRanger | Go-Busters | Kyouryuuger >
ReversedSentai
T-N Hakase

Go-Busters 38 Released

Post by ReversedSentai »

This was a pretty interesting episode actually. I was really caught off-guard when it was revealed that the building itself was the Metaroid. That really took me off by surprise.

Best picture ever:
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: Go-Busters 38 Released

Post by takenoko »

Hail to the King!

Hope you guys enjoy uncanny valley Enter from the front page

It kind of bothers me that Domeroid was invincible until a plot thing happened. I mean, even if it didn't flinch from the attacks, it still should have taken damage from getting the shit beaten out of it. It's not like there was a plot related reason for it to be invulnerable.

Go-Buster King does a pretty good job at not looking too clusterfucky. Too bad a lot of stuff just gets put on his back though.

Magenta and Luna noticed that when Gamma the Muay Thai Megazord enters, the first part of GekiViolet's theme plays.

Did you guys notice the reference to Golgotha/Calvary Hill? I wonder what the Christian references mean? Like are they building up to something or is it totally random?
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

The line "The first card in the Megazord Death Match..." makes me feel this episode is an advertisement saying "Kids go buys some cards and play the VS game (Dice-O), you can be as cool as Ace"

So Great Go-Buster needs to combine in the hanger manually but Go-Buster King can just do it in the field, I guess they are really ditching logic and just went back to sentai norm

I like the details display with the damaged cockpit and the broken helmet, you can even see the oxygen mask thing Hiromu wears under the helmet.

And telling your enemy to "get outta the way or you'll get hurt" is badass"
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Just chalk that up to the power of Lioh, Yaiba. I can't imagine the Megazords being thousands of tons maybe hundreds of tons but not thousands. It was pretty neat to see a Megazord fight like that. It's almost like G Gundam but less racist.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Actually the weight of the Megazords are all on the official Go-Busters page

Alpha 1520 tons
Beta 2350 tons
Gamma 1930 tons
Delta 2170 tons

I think this makes sense since the Megazords are just a little short of being 50 meters tall. So they'd be in the right size class for fighting Ultraman or Godzilla
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

So it's kind of like having the other 5 part combination, but this one works outside of hyperspace better that the other. I suppose it's better than trying to have a clusterfuck gattai.
KamenSentaiDigiman
Favorite series: Gokaiger, Wizard
2nd Favorite Series: W, OOO, Busters
Dreamy: Luka from Gokaiger
Favorite Actor?: Yuki Yamada
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Kamen Rider Den-O
Quote: "Always, NEVER GIVE UP!" - Sonar Pocket

Post by KamenSentaiDigiman »

Good Episode all around but there is only one thing that is bugging me.....

Spoiler
JIN IS REALLY GETTING ON MY NERVES!
Quetzalcoatl
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Black RX
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider OOO
Dreamy: Yuriko Shiratori
Favorite Actor?: Takeru Satoh
Favorite Band: Kumbia Kings
My boom: Lowriders
Quote: "Chicanos killing Chicanos is what they want! Blacks and Chicanos killing each other is what they want! That's how they run this place. Once we get together they don't run shit!"

Post by Quetzalcoatl »

I really like this episode so far. It felt different from other episode. The whole Megazord ring death match made it seem more interesting.
XD I love more of J silliness.
I love when Ace only uses its fist and body to fight in the ring along with some wrestling move there.
I usually fall in love with the scene where they display the damage megazord or helmet. In this one, It was AWESOME. So very detailed.

So if that whole building was a Metaroid, then shouldn't there be a bigger Megazord or at least a second copy?
Secret Identity
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
Favorite series: Super Sentai
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Secret Identity »

This episode was made of pure awesome. It's officially my favorite episode so far.

Of course, I might be biased since I love pro wrestling...
Currently Watching:
Ninninger, Drive, Ghost
Ivanhobe
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Den-o
Dreamy: Hana-san
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: Mortal Kombat
Quote: "Shut up and eat an umaboshi!" - Inui Takumi

Post by Ivanhobe »

takenoko wrote:So they'd be in the right size class for fighting Ultraman or Godzilla
Ultraman yes, Godzilla.... only if you are talking about godzilla pre-1984, from there onwards godzilla´s height has been above the 80 meters mark, from 1992 onwards godzilla´s official height ranges between 90 and 100 meters.

I guess what i am trying to say is that Godzilla will own any Megazord/Buster Machine in any battle. Because he is Godzilla.

Leaving that aside, at first i thought that the premise of this episode was silly, but i really enjoyed how Hiromu dealt with the situation, this was a though battle and you could see the strain on Hiromu, it was intense. It was also interesting how Enter tried to took advantage of the strain the Vaccine program causes on the Buster´s body, it really seems he is up to something, not to mention that having the Dome being the Metaroid was quite interesting, i expected for the metaroid to be possesing the buiding or something but i never thought that the Metaroid would be THAT big. I guess that is a good way of displaying how the Messiah metaroids are more powerful than the normal metaroids.

Also, i know that Jin was trying help hiromu keep his honor or something, but really, throwing him into the air in order to deal a final lariat into the Megazord was a terrible idea, for all he knows Ace might have dissintegrated upon landing. By the way, is not that i like to point plotholes or anything, but didn´t Ace and the Busters Machines have a limited ammount of enetron? According to my Buster Math Ace should have run out of enetron after the second Megazord was defeated.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Buster Math is magical math which is basically BS.
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

Phoenix512 wrote:Just chalk that up to the power of Lioh, Yaiba.
I guess so.

By the way, I only notice just now, what the hell is the commander and J doing at the end of the episode :P
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Well that's definitely one of the most interesting ways they've pulled off a mecha-heavy episode in years. Meanwhile I'm not a fan of Go-Buster King, but ace is always fun to watch.
Mojikara
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Akibaranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: Jasmine

Post by Mojikara »

ReversedSentai wrote:Best picture ever:
[ Image ]
Hiromu's "O" face.
Another legend has left us too early...
--
On a lighter note:

There is training in
O o
/¯/________________________ _ __/
| FIRIN MAH LAZOR BLAAAAAAAAARGHH!!!!
\_\¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ¯ ¯¯\
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

This was an interesting episode. It was definitely a new way to watch mecha action happen in a ring. Reminded me of the movie Real Steel. Nice to see a mecha-heavy episode for once. They pulled off a good plot to use it for once. Jin was messed up for showing a picture of a chicken to Hiromu at the end. Lol...

Return to “Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters”