AkibaRanger 06 Released

Not officially a Sentai
ReversedSentai
T-N Hakase

AkibaRanger 06 Released

Post by ReversedSentai »

So the AkibaRangers go to Toei eh? That's pretty neat. Also, you know you're a Sentai nerd if you can even remember a small building used in a giant robot battle >_>

The scene where Akagi splashs water on himself, falls down and says, "Right now...I am Ayase!" made me laugh. I also really liked the idea of having a suit actor guest star as himself in the episode and act like a mentor figure; it kinda created a feel of student-mentor ties in which the AkibaRangers are the kouhai of the group while Niibori-san acted like the sempai. Also, kids: The most deadly weapon since spandex.

Also, anyone else saw the Fourze classroom?
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Re: AkibaRanger 06 Released

Post by Phoenix512 »

Akagi just want to go to Toei Studios so badly that he took a package that wasn't assign to him. That takes courage to do. And AkibaYellow still doesn't have her own Outrageous Power yet.

Malshiina being able to appear in the real world was quite a twist. I wonder what's her connection with Hakase is anyway.
ReversedSentai
T-N Hakase

Post by ReversedSentai »

Phoenix512 wrote:Akagi just want to go to Toei Studios so badly that he took a package that wasn't assign to him. That takes courage to do. And AkibaYellow still doesn't have her own Outrageous Power yet.

Malshiina being able to appear in the real world was quite a twist. I wonder what's her connection with Hakase is anyway.
Yeah, Akagi took the package that he wasn't supposed to take, but the idea of the story was still very good. The idea of going to Toei kinda gives the western audience a feel on what Toei is like.
m4rc0
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by m4rc0 »

LOL @ the waitresses on the background, @ Nobu repositioning Yume, @ Nobu and Yume trying to see who is the top and @ MaruCna calling the cab.

Awesome episode. Nobu was very funny. His rain scene was priceless and Yume is always nice with her character. Mitsuki was on fire.

But we also had Niibori and the studio. That was VERY nice and his lessons were cool.

There was MaruCna fanservice AND her invasion of the real world. Now, we still need to know how that's possible, but it'd be cool if she was another person having a delusion. Or if she's part of Hakase's delusion... Maybe Hakase's unconscious delusion?

The MOTW and the fight against him was also very good. It was a clever parody of modern theather and of the action movies. The Akibas using clothes over the suits was nice.

All the characters are cool AND funny. This might be the best Toei toku series.
archer9234
Faiz
Favorite series: Hurricanger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Hurricane Blue
Favorite Actor?: Patrick Stewert
Favorite Band: Project R
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Hulk Universe
Quote: "Don't get us angry. You REALLY don't want to see us angry!" - Hulk & She-Hulk

Post by archer9234 »

The episode was a auto win for me when I heard Shuricanger's voice actor. I was loling so hard when Red never got his jacket signed. I wonder if they'll do something with the Bandai Museum at some point. It felt wrong that they basically tricked Red Hawk's suit actor. He really thought she was a stunt woman for the show. Security really sucks at Toei. I also got a vibe Red did this more than once...
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

*sprays water all over himself*
I'm Ayase! AYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAASEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

----
I have absolutely no context as to what Nobuo was referring to but dang it, I couldn't stop laughing at that.
archer9234
Faiz
Favorite series: Hurricanger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Hurricane Blue
Favorite Actor?: Patrick Stewert
Favorite Band: Project R
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Hulk Universe
Quote: "Don't get us angry. You REALLY don't want to see us angry!" - Hulk & She-Hulk

Post by archer9234 »

Go-On Macaroni wrote:*sprays water all over himself*
I'm Ayase! AYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAASEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

----
I have absolutely no context as to what Nobuo was referring to but dang it, I couldn't stop laughing at that.
Spoiler
Ayase was suffering from a mortal disease in Timeranger. It slowly killed him. That was the scene he was recreating.
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

Isn't TV-N doing Timeranger?

Either way.

I think last week I mentioned that I believe this all one super freaking delusion by Red. Now I'm thinking it might be Hakase's Delusion.

This episode was freaking amazing btw.
ReversedSentai
T-N Hakase

Post by ReversedSentai »

Kuchiri wrote:Isn't TV-N doing Timeranger?

Either way.

I think last week I mentioned that I believe this all one super freaking delusion by Red. Now I'm thinking it might be Hakase's Delusion.

This episode was freaking amazing btw.
Yeah, but if you're referring to the spoiler comment above, TV-Nihon didn't sub that episode so it's not okay to talk about them without a spoiler tag.
GarTkEZ
Salami Commander
Favorite series: BLACK/Jetman/AGITO
2nd Favorite Series: Blade/Hibiki/Bouken
Favorite Band: Switchfoot
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Adventure Time

Post by GarTkEZ »

Well, dang that was LOLin' awesome.

And, well, to top it all off, JETTTTTOOOOOOOOOMAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!(sorry, can't resist!)

EDIT: Jetman's inordinate power(or the FSR) = ME GUSTA!

Though i do have to ask, why would there have been a drawing of Hakase-san on the classroom set's wall?Maybe it's her representation in the world of delusions(since she is monitoring the battles)?
IKKAN KENJO!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

We're calling it Outrageous Power in our subs. Inordinate is such an awkward word and it's a poor adjective when combined with power. Personally, I think inordinate is best used when describing quantities of stuff.
Lunchboxx
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: All Sentai
Dreamy: To many to list!
Favorite Actor?: To many to list
Favorite Band: Van Canto
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: ASIAN GIRLS!
Quote: Elwood: "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses."

Jake: "Hit it."

Post by Lunchboxx »

JETMAN KITAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOVED IT LOVED IT LOVED IT!!!!

Sorry for the caps lock cruise, but Jetman was my first sentai show I ever watched, and it was Jetman that got me into the sentai version of Power Rangers. Heck Jetman is one of my favorite seasons of sentai.
FangTrigger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider Sentai
Quote: Impossible is nothing.....Master everything!

Post by FangTrigger »

ReversedSentai wrote: Also, anyone else saw the Fourze classroom?
Toei is famous for re-using anything they can.

Was no one else creeped out by that head? IT FREAKING TALKED AND MOVED ITS EYES!!!!
I was kinda surprised that the power didn't go to Blue.

Do the symbols on the M.O.W's chest mean anything? I find it kinda odd that they would zoom in on it and it not have any meaning at all.

I wonder why Red and Blue didn't attack the Monster when they came in the scene?

Off Topic: I know my Japanese isn't perfect, but when Nobu runs in screaming (I'm writing this out phonetically) 'Taihen Da!' doesn't that mean Big News/Announcement?
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

It's nice to see that they're giving the stunties an episode. Since they can never really appear in the real series it's great that they're getting some respect in the parody.
Doguso
Go Go!
Favorite series: OOO/Faiz
2nd Favorite Series: W
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by Doguso »

ViRGE wrote:It's nice to see that they're giving the stunties an episode. Since they can never really appear in the real series it's great that they're getting some respect in the parody.
I agree and I actually find it highly appropriate that they do it in a parody that makes fun of and does a lot of things backwards/different from sentai (so to speak).

Return to “Hikounin Sentai AkibaRanger”