Dreamy: Kei Kosogai
Favorite Actor?: Kenji Ohba
Favorite Band: Jam project
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Super Sentai
Quote: Uchuu wa Kitaaaaaaa!

Re: AkibaRanger 07 Released

Post by Holy4BlueHeroV »

This episode was great! I really liked the part when Yumeria and Mitsuki were cosplaying :). Who was that guy at the cosplay base who who lip synching what Yumeria was saying? Oh yeah, the part when Malshiina put that girls face in her boobies was just adorable :lol:
Banjo
Infinity

Post by Banjo »

The line between delusion and reality has been completely blurred. So in a way, the AkibaRangers have become more official than any other sentai in history!!

If they ever had a real giant robo fight, hundreds of people would die :mrgreen:
archer9234
Faiz
Favorite series: Hurricanger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Hurricane Blue
Favorite Actor?: Patrick Stewert
Favorite Band: Project R
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Hulk Universe
Quote: "Don't get us angry. You REALLY don't want to see us angry!" - Hulk & She-Hulk

Post by archer9234 »

Best episode by far. Malishina entering the cafe totally felt wrong. Magiblue cosplay should of used the Ryuugekiken. It's a bigger sword. At first, I was wondering if they where gonna get stuck in the delusion world. Cause they hit their changers. But they went into a totally different direction. I wonder. Since the Akibrangers physically altered a real world sign. Could that mean the toys in the cafe would function as the real things. It be a lol moment if Mandoraboy was brought to life. The Akibarangers using the small weapon toys as real stuff. Even all toy changers would work.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote:Eh? To what are you referring?
At 2:02 and 2:21 in particular, they've spliced together two takes. You can easily tell because the positions and facial expressions of the actors jump. Or for that matter the henshin sequence, where they didn't even try to make the music line up by just awkwardly repeated the last few seconds of it a few times.
kkkk
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: DenO, Kiva, Faiz
Favorite Band: L'Arc~en~Ciel
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by kkkk »

ViRGE wrote:
takenoko wrote:Eh? To what are you referring?
At 2:02 and 2:21 in particular, they've spliced together two takes. You can easily tell because the positions and facial expressions of the actors jump. Or for that matter the henshin sequence, where they didn't even try to make the music line up by just awkwardly repeated the last few seconds of it a few times.
Sir i don't know on your POV, but to my understanding, that was intentional. I might be wrong though but i most probably seen the same with a certain KR Series. Can't remember which series though. (Or maybe there's something wrong with the RAW when TVN crew got it, or Something happened to the person who's processing the RAW, or because someone wants it that way, or maybe because the producer of the show said so, or ummm... etc. etc.)
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Oh, I don't think that's lazy editing. The first one is probably just an alternate angle. And looping the transformation BGM is fine. If they were purposefully trying to make the editing bad, I think it'd be more obvious than that. I'm actually kind of impressed that they capture whatever Yumeria's cosplay is that week instead of using stock footage.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote:Oh, I don't think that's lazy editing. The first one is probably just an alternate angle.
Humm, I don't believe that's so. It wasn't the camera that moved, it was Hakase's head that moved (and only the head). So it wasn't them trying to grab a different angle.
If they were purposefully trying to make the editing bad, I think it'd be more obvious than that.
So it's just bad editing then. That's what I figured.
Rashef
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: W, Akibaranger
2nd Favorite Series: Akibaranger season 2
Alignment: Neutral Evil
My boom: Monkey Island

Post by Rashef »

It seems that ... *shades on* Shit just got real.

Very nice episode, I wonder what's the plot behind Malshiina's actions though. And that call from the Toei producer, I hope they don't get sued over usage of Sentai trademarks or anything xD.

P.S - Should I feel guilty that this show has me wayyyy more excited than all of GoBusters combined to date? :|
My Copyright Infringing folder with random assortment of ripped Kamen Rider SFX is found right... HERE.
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

Isn't it sad when the parody has better mecha fights than the actual show?(kidding, xD)
Nice to see the mecha again. I'm gonna say the battles in the real world are gonna be a deconstruction, with people getting hurt and stuff.
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

ViRGE wrote:So it's just bad editing then. That's what I figured.
No? It only looks weird because real people don't move like an anime, which is what that jumpcut is. A one-frame movement, to show her sudden shift from "oh, I see" to "who's that?".

Same with the spittake a few seconds later. It's an animeism.
kanjitech1988
Why are we all 15?
Why are we all 15?
Favorite series: Too many honestly
Favorite Band: coldrain
My boom: Kamen Rider Fourze

Post by kanjitech1988 »

Holy4BlueHeroV wrote:This episode was great! I really liked the part when Yumeria and Mitsuki were cosplaying :). Who was that guy at the cosplay base who who lip synching what Yumeria was saying? Oh yeah, the part when Malshiina put that girls face in her boobies was just adorable :lol:
IIRC, that was Keiichi Sato. He was the one who did the designs for Z-Cune Aoi.

But yeah, this episode was great. The ending of the previous had me questioning what Malshiina was going to do. She does seem smart, cunning even.

Spoiler
She fooled the Akibarangers into going into the delusion easily enough. Technically, she also did kidnap the Akibarangers mentor/boss with ease. She even made it to where she also helped the Akbiarangers by giving them knowledge on how to beat the monster of the day. All seemingly to test a theory of hers.

In other words, as said before, shit just got real.
TBustah!
Mega
Favorite series: Zyu to Kaku
2nd Favorite Series: Bouken to Kaizoku
Favorite Actor?: Toku? Hiroki Suzuki
My boom: Slot cars
Quote: "The future.... is in the past! Onwards, Aoshima!"
Type: ISFP Composer

Post by TBustah! »

Spoiler
I think what's going on is that Hakase's dad worked for Toei.

He designed Mashina and the MMZ-01 while working for them, but shelved those designs for whatever reason, keeping the copies that were in the safe and leaving copies at Toei. Malshiina's attack on the real world generated some buzz (as we saw from Akagi's phone), and somebody took pictures of the Akibaranger (holding their MMZ-01's) and Malshiina with their phone.

Those pictures made their way back to Toei, and now they know want to know what's going on. They're either concerned for the same reason that Hakase's dad shelved the designs (as we've seen, there's some sort of dangerous power at work here)... or they're about to sue her skirt off for using their copyrighted material. :lol:

Just a a theory.

Also, was that football uniform that one of the footies was wearing one of the ones from Fourze? It sure looked like it.

I love how they do little stuff in the background when somebody else is talking or doing something important. Like, the play-fighting in the last episode, and the thing with the creepy mannequin head in this one.
Last edited by TBustah! on Mon May 28, 2012 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
toni2212
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Post by toni2212 »

Malshiina can give Enter a competition there. And boy, that kozukozu girl just got her face where i've dreamed for many years. On honoka's bust.
TBustah!
Mega
Favorite series: Zyu to Kaku
2nd Favorite Series: Bouken to Kaizoku
Favorite Actor?: Toku? Hiroki Suzuki
My boom: Slot cars
Quote: "The future.... is in the past! Onwards, Aoshima!"
Type: ISFP Composer

Post by TBustah! »

EDIT: Accidental double-post.
Last edited by TBustah! on Mon May 28, 2012 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
archer9234
Faiz
Favorite series: Hurricanger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Hurricane Blue
Favorite Actor?: Patrick Stewert
Favorite Band: Project R
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Hulk Universe
Quote: "Don't get us angry. You REALLY don't want to see us angry!" - Hulk & She-Hulk

Post by archer9234 »

I still think the Toei call was that they are interested in their promo in public. And just want to buy the design off them.

Return to “Hikounin Sentai AkibaRanger”