Not officially a Sentai
FangTrigger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider Sentai
Quote: Impossible is nothing.....Master everything!

Re: AkibaRanger 11 Released

Post by FangTrigger »

kanjitech1988 wrote:
Spoiler
Besides the voice dub being off on Nobuo in the beginning, when he hands over the MMZ to Takuma, you can see a line between the screen. Like two different filters where used. Just look at MMZ and the mecha prop in the back at the middle. The color is off. I've heard some compare it to Power Rangers' "peace conference" situation. They don't show Nobou's face save when he's by himself, handshake looks weird, the dub is slightly off at the beginning, and finally the aforementioned hand off of the MMZ.

EDIT: Oh, and way to go Nobou for stealing second base.
Glad I wasn't the only one that noticed that.

4th Wall: OBLITERATED!!!!

This show is getting really good and goofy. Stopping the text mid-scroll? Awesome!
Nobu get's to grab a tit and not get slapped for it? Interesting.
What does ShinGiTai mean? I wasn't paying attention.
toni2212
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Post by toni2212 »

I'm surprised Kozkoz doesn't yell "Didn't I tell you, he's somehow related to Retsu/GekiBlue!!!" kind of a reference to last episode.

Wow Defence Corp, thou art a heartless b!tch. You arrived seconds after Nobuo decided not to go and just ripped off your letter AND you tried to shoot him? not a good decision there.

One thing's been bothering me is at the start of the show, they showed Sanbei Ryuuji as Sanbei Ryuuji, not Ban/DekaRed. But they showed Retsu's twin brother as Takuma, and not as Retsu's twin? Mindblowing twisted turn.
Guardian07
Mega
Favorite series: Agito,W,Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Hibiki,Garo,Blade
Dreamy: Shihoko Hirata
Favorite Actor?: Seiji Takaiwa!!
Favorite Band: Shoji Meguro
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: MegaTen games
Quote: We’re no longer children any more but, we’ll never fully become adults.
We can live on in that odd little transition.

Post by Guardian07 »

FangTrigger wrote: What does ShinGiTai mean? I wasn't paying attention.
A Gekiranger reference. 'Shin' is heart, 'Gi' is 'technique', and 'Tai' is 'Body'.

I'm pretty sure DeluKnight's Delusion Mirage is referencing VulEagle's Hiba Gaeshi. First Gokaiger and now Akibaranger? The amount of love given to it, apparently Japan really loved SunVulcan.

Excitedly waiting for the final episode!
Ginga o Tsuranuku Densetsu no Yaiba!!!

Seijuu Sentai Gingaman!!!
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

man, this episode make me remember Grant morrison's run on Animal Man
m4rc0 wrote:That was pure genius! They fooled me. I thought they were going to do a reconstruction after the initial deconstruction, but they deconstructed it even more. Nobuo noticed they are inside a TV show. And rebelled against the producers. You can't get more meta than that. It's like that episode with Daffy vs. the artist.
meh, i think it's tied with animal man
Spoiler
it has the writer appearing and telling animal man he is a comic book character

anyway. i think there was a hint of a romance between Nobuo and Malshiina...but considering this show, it is probably the producer's doing.
Man, this feel like a big take that for the Hibiki thing.
Nobuo has become the ultimate genre savvy.

this show is sooo gonna get cancelled...
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

m4rc0 wrote:That was pure genius! They fooled me. I thought they were going to do a reconstruction after the initial deconstruction, but they deconstructed it even more. Nobuo noticed they are inside a TV show. And rebelled against the producers. You can't get more meta than that. It's like that episode with Daffy vs. the artist.
My thoughts exactly. They have really put their hearts and souls into making this the most ridiculous (yet loving) parody possible. Sometimes the best thing to do with the 4th was is to drive a wrecking ball through it...
locuas wrote:this show is sooo gonna get cancelled...
:lol:
Mitsumi
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com

Post by Mitsumi »

there is noticing the fourth wall
there is leaning on the fourth wall
there is breaking the fourth wall

then there is taking the fourth wall to a nice little diner and then crushing it with a giant boulder , punching it so hard it gets launched into space , where it gets sucked into a massive black hole until it finally implodes into nothingness

and then akibaranger took it one step further
Aeikozz
Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K

Post by Aeikozz »

takenoko wrote:The jackets are interesting. They say Unofficial Sentai AkibaRanger. So they translate Hikounin but not Sentai.
And with that from this point on anybody who puts SQUADRON or any other name for Sentai in their Title is 150% full on RETARD.

Here's Looking at you Guis. There's some others out there too.
Actar
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider 555
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Hanasaki Tsubomi
My boom: Stuff
Quote: Love what do do, do what you love.

Post by Actar »

Phoenix512 wrote:I like the part when AkibaBlue is like "When did he get his bike?" and Akagi is like, "Just ignore that detail." Also the second verse of the OP made me realize the entire song is a parody.
Actually, I think that there is a mistranslation of Akagi's line. If I'm not mistaken, it should be something along the lines of: "You mean we're already at a point where it's fine to ignore the little details!". Can someone double check?
Video Reviewer of Anime Figures, Mecha and Merchandise. ( ̄‿‿ ̄)
- Channel - Blog
johnnytalker
Adventure
Favorite series: Super Sentai Series

Post by johnnytalker »

takenoko wrote:The jackets are interesting. They say Unofficial Sentai AkibaRanger. So they translate Hikounin but not Sentai.
And that, is how to officially translate a Sentai show's title. Just like how TV-N does it! :wink:
kanjitech1988 wrote:
Spoiler
Besides the voice dub being off on Nobuo in the beginning, when he hands over the MMZ to Takuma, you can see a line between the screen. Like two different filters where used. Just look at MMZ and the mecha prop in the back at the middle. The color is off. I've heard some compare it to Power Rangers' "peace conference" situation. They don't show Nobou's face save when he's by himself, handshake looks weird, the dub is slightly off at the beginning, and finally the aforementioned hand off of the MMZ.

It kind of fits with Nobou realizing they're in a TV show.
Wow, so even those were intentional! Now that's cool! :)
TheLastTatlFan
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Dekaranger/Kuuga
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger/W
Dreamy: Mao Ichimichi
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Kamen Rider/Sentai
Quote: "There is no justice in this battle. There is just a single, pure wish."

Post by TheLastTatlFan »

toni2212 wrote:One thing's been bothering me is at the start of the show, they showed Sanbei Ryuuji as Sanbei Ryuuji, not Ban/DekaRed. But they showed Retsu's twin brother as Takuma, and not as Retsu's twin? Mindblowing twisted turn.
That blows your mind? Try watching The Nanny.
Spoiler
The penultimate episode had Fran Fine, the show's main character, meet Fran Drescher, the actress who played her, and they had a meta conversation full of in-jokes.
Your head would EXPLODE.

And glad to see I'm not the only one who thought back to Hibiki with the whole Shakeup nonsense.

Show of hands, is anyone genuinely surprised that Malshiina's defecting?
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

kanjitech1988 wrote:
Spoiler
I'd say that's probably more a giant coincidence than a PR reference, if anything. (Also, I dunno about anyone else but, I never noticed any dubbing being off. >:?)
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Actar wrote:Actually, I think that there is a mistranslation of Akagi's line. If I'm not mistaken, it should be something along the lines of: "You mean we're already at a point where it's fine to ignore the little details!". Can someone double check?
I wrote up a defense for my phrasing, but I thought about it a bit, and I think you're right. I probably would have written it this way though:

"So he's ignoring the little details now?!" Then that'd lead into the next line more smoothly now since he starts talking about the guy running things.

But I dunno. Akagi could just be saying that things are too dire to be worried about little details like that, hence leading to my interpretation of the line. It's hard to say, but the line should directly lead into the next line.
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

This episode was so fun. just one question: are we sure it's Heart Tiger? sounded like he said "surge jaguar" to me, to make a small joke reference to him being the brother of gekiblue, but i could've been wrong.

I can't wait to see how it all ends.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Doguso
Go Go!
Favorite series: OOO/Faiz
2nd Favorite Series: W
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by Doguso »

In an odd way, the show is going towards the characters (delusions) breaking out of their world and into reality... and their world is about delusions breaking into their reality.. I'm anticipating them somehow smashing through the fourth wall and into the "real world" now haha. That would be total deluception.

Return to “Hikounin Sentai AkibaRanger”