2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger/W
Dreamy: Mao Ichimichi
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Kamen Rider/Sentai
Quote: "There is no justice in this battle. There is just a single, pure wish."

Re: AkibaRanger 12 released

Post by TheLastTatlFan »

I really loved the scene where the writers shut down every attempt the characters make at setting up more conflicts; It alone would probably make this my favorite episode.

Really wish Kozkoz had gotten more development. She seems really cool. Plus she cosplays Umeko in the OP, I will forever love who decided that <3
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

This ending was fun. i look forward to the true final episode and any future news.

speaking of which:

Spoiler
akibarangio show, kitaaaaaa!!!!! whoops, wrong show. anyway, do you guys think you'll sub this like you did Healing Princess?

edit: forgot to mention: Yumeria x Kozkoz = OTP. although, i wouldn't mind a Yumeria x Kozkoz x Mitsuki x Hakase x Sayaka x Malshiina OT6. >w>

that or Nobuo gets Hakase, Sayaka, and Malshiina while Yumeria x Kozkoz x Mitsuki OT3 together.

.....otaku should not be allowed to ship characters. we get out of hand. orz
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

Man this series ended too soon. I enjoyed it a lot. I laughed big time when Akagi and the others were trying to find sub-plots of their own so they can prolong the series. Lol...Very clever and it is something that writers do in their own TV shows. I still don't understand the logic of a can being able to make a huge Mecha slip and fall too. It's funny but still doesn't make sense. The ending was hilarious too when everyone decided to fight against the "The End" letters. That was creative. This show will be missed.
TheLastTatlFan
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Dekaranger/Kuuga
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger/W
Dreamy: Mao Ichimichi
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Kamen Rider/Sentai
Quote: "There is no justice in this battle. There is just a single, pure wish."

Post by TheLastTatlFan »

Well the logic of "A soda can can topple a giant robo" is that it's the last episode (The last proper one at least) and the run-time is running low enough that pretty much anything the heroes do against the enemy is guaranteed to win.

So it makes sense in a meta way, except not at all... It's conversations like these that make me love this show.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

chronoxiong wrote:I still don't understand the logic of a can being able to make a huge Mecha slip and fall too. It's funny but still doesn't make sense.
If it makes you feel any better, Yellow didn't expect it to work either.
Ivanhobe
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Den-o
Dreamy: Hana-san
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: Mortal Kombat
Quote: "Shut up and eat an umaboshi!" - Inui Takumi

Post by Ivanhobe »

I admit that by itself, this is not a great finale, but it works really well when you watch it in the context of the entire series.

This was a show that made fun of sentai Tropes, and at the end those very tropes were the enemy to defeat, it´s extremely meta, but its pretty much the only way this kind of show can end, having them defeat an enemy the usual way would have made them a regular sentai, and that kind of defeats the point of the Hikounin sentai.

If you see this episode from a production stand point, it was truly hilarious, i can only imagine how much fun the writers had...
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

It was interesting to say the least. It's a pity, they could have still done a reasonable plot with the humor, but I guess what we got was still good.
remolay
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Wizard's Costume
Favorite Actor?: Simon Pegg
Favorite Band: Queen
My boom: Babylon 5
Quote: There's a hole in my neighborhood down which of late I cannot help but fall.

Post by remolay »

This kind of makes me think of my Deadpool fanfic where eventually I just try to kill Deadpool myself because I forgot how I was going to do the story originally. Difference is that in that one Deadpool wins.

Ever notice how Nobuo gets a few flags wrong? Why was he trying to destroy the Mech? Mech destruction is a last episode flag too!
Well I guess I'm not a pirate anymore now that img limits exist.

Help I can't help finding every yellow ranger cute
KamenRiderScar
Adventure
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Black
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Tiga
Dreamy: Yes
Favorite Band: A little bit of all
Quote: "It doesn't take the world's greatest nations to create the next global conflict, just the will of a single man." -Makarov
Type: ISFP Composer

Post by KamenRiderScar »

remolay wrote:This kind of makes me think of my Deadpool fanfic where eventually I just try to kill Deadpool myself because I forgot how I was going to do the story originally. Difference is that in that one Deadpool wins.
I knew he was gonna go Deadpool as of 11 but LOL, he did it to the point that it was FUNNY!
m4rc0
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by m4rc0 »

Awesome ending.

They made fun of so many tropes that I just couldn't keep count. The action was pretty good and the episode was very entertaining. Even Saburo was a joke, since that's not a person, just the name they use for the Toei team, like Sunrise does with Yatate Hajime.

Don't worry Akibarangers, you'll continue to live in our memories.

I'm still amazed at this show's plot. I was hoping for a simple parody, but they actually had a very clever plot for the series.

The comedy was VERY good, the acting was better than the average toku acting, the characters were excellent and the cameos and references were very cool. The fights weren't that hot most of the time, but there were some very good moments. The suit actors also did an amazing job.

Even if we take the awesome plot of the last episodes out, it still is a lesson on how to do a toku parody series and I'm not afraid to write that it must be one of the best parody shows ever made.

Let's hope Akiba's success makes Toei invest in more alternative tokus. I wouldn't mind a comedy toku done by Akiba's team. A mature toku would also be very welcome.

Return to “Hikounin Sentai AkibaRanger”