Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

AkibaRanger 12 released

Post by takenoko »

It's the finale! And... it's sorta meh? There were a few funny moments, but the whole meta plot thing wasn't really as clever or outrageous or as interesting as it could have been. Plus there weren't as many funny moments with the trio or Hakase. This episode could have really used a guest from an official Sentai to make it pop more.

It just sort of ends on a "this isn't a real show anyway, so it doesn't need a real ending. Seeya!" Hopefully the next episode will wrap things up better.

Was surprised by the criticism of the Japanese government though. And on a children's show of all places!

I guess the highlight of this episode is Akagi's speech about how he finds meaning in his existence, even when the show comes to an end. They realize that the end is inevitable, but they take comfort in remaining in the memories of the viewers. It's a pretty poignant moment with real life analogies, so I commend them for that.
ReversedSentai
T-N Hakase

Re: AkibaRanger 12 released

Post by ReversedSentai »

I like how Yumeria was questioning the logic of a empty can tipping over such a colossal robot. Who needs logic when you have toku?

I found it weird that there were two sets of eyecatches.

The "Shoot the オワリ sign!" part of the episode was pretty funny. I really love how this series started as a parody of Sentai with the battles being delusions to a story of how the battles take place in real life under the control of the producers, in which the AkibaRangers have to break free from their plot.

The "let's make this series longer by creating sub-plots" in this episode was pretty funny as well.

*Me sitting on the bench waiting for everyone who used to say ONORE DIKEDO to ONORE HATTE SABURO.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I think there's a deeper meaning in it in general. The last episode was them trying to prolong the series as long as possible and everything they tried wasn't working at all. It's sort like your favorite show suddenly coming to an end and you want it to go on. You want the story and the characters to continue. You don't want it to end but it does regardless. It's a show about the otaku as well and that's the meaning I got out of it in the final episode.

As for the second eyecatch, it was necessary for the CM breaks. It goes show-OP, CM break, show-mid eyecatch, CM break, show-end, CM break, and then ED-preview. Since there isn't an ED in this episode, they had to split the show-end part into two.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Maybe it's just me but, I'm a lil surprised they didn't mention that Hatte Saburo even wrote two episodes for Goseiger (episodes 19 and 33; the big deal behind that being that the Saburo pen name people usually don't write out episodes). :lol:
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

I laughed my ass off at the Japanese government line. Way to stick it to the man Saburo!

While it wasn't a "proper" ending, I think this was probably the best way for the show to go out, given the suddenly very meta turn of events. And really, everyone did have their happy ending. Yumeria is with Kozukozu, Hakase and her father made up, Mitsuki is a champion (technically), and Akagi gets to teach Sayaka all about SS. Sounds like a win-win-win-win situation for everyone XD
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

I wonder if they're going to make a movie... I have a feeling that its going to be V-Cinema film XD
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

I tend to agree that it was a bit of a "meh" finale. It would have been more meta (and thereby entertaining) for them to fight against the ending, win, and then that becomes the ending because they won and achieved their dreams.

Still, it was a good run and did a fantastic job being a Sentai parody. Do we know what next week's episode is about? I smell clip-show, which makes me uneasy.
Was surprised by the criticism of the Japanese government though. And on a children's show of all places!
I thought this wasn't a children's show?

PS I'm going to miss Malshiina and the Shachiiku most of all. I don't normally buy this junk, but I really want the Shachiiku figuart all of a sudden
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

Akibayellow defeating a giant robot with an empty can...now that is just awesome.
Silly akibared, don't you know that self-destructing your mecha is also common in a finale?
what did i tell you? it was cancelled.
seeing this and watching series like supernatural or House(the latter has ended already, but that's not the point), it kinda makes me want to have the sentai series as an ongoing show instead of a new series each year. or that power rangers did it again. of course, that's not gonna happen.
the two girls confess their love for each other and there is no kiss? WORST. FINALE. EVER.
Last edited by locuas on Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aeikozz
Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Aeikozz »

Yeah I gotta agree with mr. akayellow here. Lol..

where the hell was the kiss.

Poor Poor AkibaYellow
Rider Tristan
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: The current Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Double/W
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Decade's Conga Beat

Post by Rider Tristan »

ViRGE wrote:
It's a Sentai show, clearly it is. (Little kids shouldn't watch this episode either)

Wouldn't call it a traditional ending sure, but I did get a kick out of the episode much like the earlier episodes.

I especially liked the "usual warehouse" comment. Props to the overused locales.
There's a reason why Decade AU Odin's user has not been shown...
Guardian07
Mega
Favorite series: Agito,W,Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Hibiki,Garo,Blade
Dreamy: Shihoko Hirata
Favorite Actor?: Seiji Takaiwa!!
Favorite Band: Shoji Meguro
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: MegaTen games
Quote: We’re no longer children any more but, we’ll never fully become adults.
We can live on in that odd little transition.

Post by Guardian07 »

LOL, the show is a parody and a commentary on Sentai shows to the very end. I want it to end differently, but this is good too. I love how even though they desperately wanted to extend the show, they won't go so far as to cruelly separate Hakase and her father, despite the fact that that's probably the only way they could stretch the show. After that scene, you know the show's over.

Dammit, do they have to keep including more NobuXMalshiina fodder? I fear the fanfics. Oh, and the fanart as well.
Phoenix512 wrote:I think there's a deeper meaning in it in general. The last episode was them trying to prolong the series as long as possible and everything they tried wasn't working at all. It's sort like your favorite show suddenly coming to an end and you want it to go on. You want the story and the characters to continue. You don't want it to end but it does regardless. It's a show about the otaku as well and that's the meaning I got out of it in the final episode.
That's an interesting way to look at it.
Ginga o Tsuranuku Densetsu no Yaiba!!!

Seijuu Sentai Gingaman!!!
Lunchboxx
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: All Sentai
Dreamy: To many to list!
Favorite Actor?: To many to list
Favorite Band: Van Canto
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: ASIAN GIRLS!
Quote: Elwood: "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses."

Jake: "Hit it."

Post by Lunchboxx »

ViRGE wrote:I tend to agree that it was a bit of a "meh" finale. It would have been more meta (and thereby entertaining) for them to fight against the ending, win, and then that becomes the ending because they won and achieved their dreams.

Still, it was a good run and did a fantastic job being a Sentai parody. Do we know what next week's episode is about? I smell clip-show, which makes me uneasy.

PS I'm going to miss Malshiina and the Shachiiku most of all. I don't normally buy this junk, but I really want the Shachiiku figuart all of a sudden
Honestly, that would of been to much of a predictable ending. The ending we got was appropriate for a show like this.

But yeah I will miss this show and Malshiina alot.

The episode was great over all, and it met all of my expectations.

Also, Yumeria/Kozukozu? Yes.....YES! And I'll be definatily be shipping Nobuo/Malshiina in my mind now. :mrgreen:
toni2212
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Post by toni2212 »

Damn, now I want it to be a seasonal show. Let's hope there's season 2.

Man, Malshiina really is familiar in that position didn't she? (when she fights AkibaRed, if you know what I mean)

The most hilarious finale I've experienced, the situation where everything doesn't seems right happened to to Akibarangers. haha.

Poor DeluKnight, trying to be cool asking for a one-on-one duel with AkibaRed, but instead got a bunch of 'AAAAH, Don't wanna hear it!"
Holy4BlueHeroV
That's so ridiculous
That's so ridiculous
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider ooo
Dreamy: Kei Kosogai
Favorite Actor?: Kenji Ohba
Favorite Band: Jam project
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Super Sentai
Quote: Uchuu wa Kitaaaaaaa!

Post by Holy4BlueHeroV »

I loved this episode with all my heart. I'm gonna miss the AkibaRangers! :cry:
TaelonZ
7X
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Akibaranger
Alignment: Neutral
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by TaelonZ »

Pity there doesnt seem to be much more on the horizon. . . or is there.
My super prediction:
Spoiler
At the end of the episode next week the Akibarangers go on to realize their true enemy and declare the show not over till they beat them! After all, seeing as Goseiger changed villians 4+ times it would make minor sense to change the target to the creator himself.

The death flags were hillarious, expecially the Tomino one. (I'm going to go see my fiance) Guess you get to pull all of the stops out in the final episode and, much like in the Excel Saga or Please Teacher, throw the censors to the wind on what you say and do.

Return to “Hikounin Sentai AkibaRanger”