AkibaRanger 13 released

Not officially a Sentai
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

AkibaRanger 13 released

Post by Phoenix512 »

Well it's a clip episode but a fun one though. It was nice that they explained the difference between the first two Clerks. Also the reactions of Hakase seeing the delusions for the first time were pretty funny. It was funny at the end when Akagi realized that the whole reflection was a setup. Still breaking the fourth wall at the very end.

I like the helemtless suits are the end and the pictures in the ED credits.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: AkibaRanger 13 released

Post by Lunagel »

Akagi, no! You should know that the helmetless roll call is one of the flags for the last episode!

Joking aside, I did enjoy them going into more depth about the show and some behind the scenes stuff, as well as the 4th wall breaking again. So are they serious about a 2nd season? Cause I would be totally down with that.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

They seemed pretty earnest about a second season. I dunno, could be just another meta joke though. I kind of feel like Akiba was a pretty popular success, at least among western toku fans.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Well damn. I was really hoping it wasn't going to be a clip show, but oh well. It almost wasn't worth it, but the helmetless scene at the end more than made up for it.

As for a second season, I don't know how that would even work. The show is so meta that they've boxed themselves into a corner.

Edit: And now that I think about it, we never did see Itasshaa Robo's laser finisher :(
Ginhoshi
Adventure
Favorite series: Kabuto, Deka
2nd Favorite Series: Decade, OOO
Dreamy: Jasmine Reimon
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Maria
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Ranger Keys
Quote: Obaachan gaitteita. Otoko ga yatte wa ikenai kotoga futatsu aru. Onanoko wo nakaseru kototo, tabemono wo somatsu ni suru kotoda.

Post by Ginhoshi »

Swimsuit episode, character swap, broken helmet, robot combination, extra ranger and power up? Second season? Yes please. :D But silly Akagi-nya, doing a helmetless rollcall is a final episode flag, how will that connect to a second season? I just hope a lot of people petition to Toei for a second season to see what is there still to explore. But for now I just have to believe that pain is strength.
Guardian07
Mega
Favorite series: Agito,W,Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Hibiki,Garo,Blade
Dreamy: Shihoko Hirata
Favorite Actor?: Seiji Takaiwa!!
Favorite Band: Shoji Meguro
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: MegaTen games
Quote: We’re no longer children any more but, we’ll never fully become adults.
We can live on in that odd little transition.

Post by Guardian07 »

I honestly loved this episode. After a couple of weeks not watching Akibaranger, this was probably the best way of revisiting the show. And though the clips were great, it was the commentaries that really made the episode. They were a lot of fun. The "twist" at the end was also really funny and in keeping with the rest of the series. Also, the photos during the end credits were really cool.

I found myself singing along with Hakase at the end there. She suddenly became so cute!

I wonder if this episode is an indirect way for the production team to ask the audience if they want "the show to continue". Showcase the whole show to the audience, and ask them to respond if they want a second season. If so, I'm all in. Sadly though, I don't know of any effective way to tell Toei that.
Ginga o Tsuranuku Densetsu no Yaiba!!!

Seijuu Sentai Gingaman!!!
TBustah!
Mega
Favorite series: Zyu to Kaku
2nd Favorite Series: Bouken to Kaizoku
Favorite Actor?: Toku? Hiroki Suzuki
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Slot cars
Quote: "The future.... is in the past! Onwards, Aoshima!"
Type: ISFP Composer

Post by TBustah! »

I normally hate clip shows, but hearing the girls' reaction to Nobuo's delusions about them in sentai costumes alone made it worth it!

I really do hope there's a chance for more, and it's not just a cruel joke. I don't need the show to fill the void anymore now that Go-Busters is getting better, but that doesn't mean I don't want to see more.

It's like Nobuo said, they are still a buttload of sentai clichés left for them to rip on.
qedins
Go Go!
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Favorite Actor?: Riisa Naka
Favorite Band: L'arc en Ciel
Quote: "Where's our eccentric?"
"I'm right here!"
"No. I mean sempai."
"Oh."

Post by qedins »

As for a second season, I don't know how that would even work. The show is so meta that they've boxed themselves into a corner.
I agree.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see a second season for this great series,
but the writer gonna have to be so creative, which I think is very hard

Also it got me thinking. If there's gonna be a second season, does this mean that this is a drama show?
I mean as far as I know Toku show never had second season

It always bothers me if I want to categorize the show:
1. A drama show about toku, or
2. A toku show
toni2212
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Post by toni2212 »

Hope they can have a second season, assuming the actors can return for the role back. As for the worries of the writers losing focus or creativity, given the show's status of not being aimed at children much, we can be rest assured about that a bit. I think.

Even after it ends, they still give a Sentai reference? Kind a surprise to hear Shinkenger reference here.
Last edited by toni2212 on Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
ReversedSentai
T-N Hakase

Post by ReversedSentai »

I liked how this episode was like: Let's see the entire show from everyone's point of view. C'mon, the scene with Akagi daydreaming about the cosplays were pretty interesting.
lesovikk
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Sexy Voice and Robo
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
Dreamy: Marika Reimon
Favorite Actor?: Ayumi konoshita
My boom: Photography

Post by lesovikk »

I was surprised that Nobuo didnt get the helmet-less poses flag. :lol:

I like that it was a clip show, going back and showing everyone watching what akibarangers was about, and further deconstructing it. The girl's realization that it was Nobuo's fault that the series ended 'prematurely' caught me off guard since there is still some tension between wanting to be official and disliking the changes necessary for it.
Im not too sure about a second season though. There was no contact information to toei about that. Theres also the question of where they would pick up from, since the show did end. Will the Akiba-verse continue on, just without Hatte Saburo's hand?
Mystery King of know-nothingness, thats me!
Image kudos to morgan-lamina for the stamp <3
Kamen Rider DJ
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Favorite series: OOO
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Smart Brain girl
Favorite Actor?: Ankh
Alignment: Neutral
Quote: "I want to extend my hand to everyone"

Post by Kamen Rider DJ »

Man this was a good show, seeing the girls reaction to our reds images of the ladies in costume was just too funny. I gotta say though I am 100% sure this show will get a second season.....eventually.

I had a feeling about this but 13 here confirmed it for me like no other, they really like to use this show to cram figuarts into the current eye, it hit me really hard when the announcer talked about Dekablue and Black condor, the special figuarts put out recently-ish. I think that when they start to make the next line of figuarts they are gonna do another akibaranger and have the three sentai heros of the figuarts line come out for the outrageous power, I'm hoping for like, Dairanger, gekired, and Tyranno ranger

As long as they want our money Akibaranger will stay alive, and they shall always want our money.
Lunchboxx
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: All Sentai
Dreamy: To many to list!
Favorite Actor?: To many to list
Favorite Band: Van Canto
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: ASIAN GIRLS!
Quote: Elwood: "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses."

Jake: "Hit it."

Post by Lunchboxx »

I also normally do not care for clip shows, but this one is a major exception.

Loved the commentary with the four of them, and LOVED the scene where they cosplay in Nobuo's mind.

NOW I know what the difference between the two commanders are! It was really stumping me up to this point.

I want a 2nd season.

Now.

Do it Toei.

Do it!

Do it!!

DO IT!!!!

DOOOOO IIIIIIIIT!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

I love how people are talking about 'second season' and how they will link season one to season two. You got to remember they went full meta. It can be as simple as an explanation of Akagi riding his bike to work and accidentally running over a MMZ-02 or something that gives him some sort of weird Super Otaku mode.

I love the picture they took helmet-less next to the actual suit actors during the credits.

I'm also surprised they had a vanguard commercial during the run.
TBustah!
Mega
Favorite series: Zyu to Kaku
2nd Favorite Series: Bouken to Kaizoku
Favorite Actor?: Toku? Hiroki Suzuki
My boom: Slot cars
Quote: "The future.... is in the past! Onwards, Aoshima!"
Type: ISFP Composer

Post by TBustah! »

ViRGE wrote:As for a second season, I don't know how that would even work. The show is so meta that they've boxed themselves into a corner.
qedins wrote:Don't get me wrong, I would love to see a second season for this great series,
but the writer gonna have to be so creative, which I think is very hard
I really don't think that this is a problem. This episode proves that the show can still be entertaining even if the characters know that it's a show.

Maybe the whole premise of the second season could be them constantly trying to please the writers now that they've "reflected", so that they don't get written out of existence. And as Nobuo pointed out, there's still a lot of sentai tropes for them to call, which is still just as fun to watch them do even if they realize that it's all been predestined.

Return to “Hikounin Sentai AkibaRanger”