Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: Akiba Tsuu 01 released

Post by takenoko »

Go-On Macaroni wrote:It was more about the piece of paper that was next to the doll rather than the doll itself.

>> Please TL Note the sign that Dr. Maki's doll is sitting on.
There's an English translation below it: "Please pay for your purchase on each floor."
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

this episode hurt my brain. and I can't wait for next episode, now.
SpinelSun
Faiz
Favorite series: Kabuto,Decade,@DEEP
2nd Favorite Series: Magi,Deka,Shinken
Dreamy: Matsushima Hatsune
Alignment: Neutral Evil

Post by SpinelSun »

takenoko wrote:
Go-On Macaroni wrote:It was more about the piece of paper that was next to the doll rather than the doll itself.

>> Please TL Note the sign that Dr. Maki's doll is sitting on.
There's an English translation below it: "Please pay for your purchase on each floor."
Actually, I think they ment the "word bubble" to the left of the dolls head not the paper below it. It reads オッス! ひさしぶり/Ossu! Hisashiburi/Yo! It's been awhile
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Ooh, then I totally missed that. Anyway, when I've eaten dinner and rested up a bit, I'll throw up a post detailing the changes in version 2. Stay tuned if that's of interest to you?
Rashef
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: W, Akibaranger
2nd Favorite Series: Akibaranger season 2
Alignment: Neutral Evil
My boom: Monkey Island

Post by Rashef »

Good way to start season 2suu with a retelling of events from the first one. That's just exactly how I remembered it... more or less. Mostly less. xD
So... Saburo cast a "R - retcon!" magic spell for 10 mana?
Is this new alternate universe how it should really be? Or just a setup for something bigger along the way? With Akibaren I can't really be sure anymore but i'll be leaning towards the latter because Dai was ok at the start of the episode. :P
(kinda hopin' theyll pull inception levels of bullsh..err... genius. )

P.S. - tell me, am I the only one that got interested in a particular sentai just by its roll call ? Don't even care about the voices that weren't the original ones... Boukenger bought me xD.
My Copyright Infringing folder with random assortment of ripped Kamen Rider SFX is found right... HERE.
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

Yeah at first I thought this was a straight up recap show but then some of the flashback scenes started to not match what I remembered from Season One and I realize that they have changed the storyline to replace Mitsuki. That was very clever. I really liked the roll call from the three Sentai teams and I had no problem with the odd voice overs that replaced them as I believe Toei doesn't want to pay royalty fees to use the original voices. You can tell this show has the freedom to try new things and it's very refreshing to see. I like what I see so far and can't wait to see how it unfolds.
Darkwings
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Darkwings »

I didn't like this, not done this way at least.

19 minutes of retcon + 4 minutes of plot hook is really disappointing. They could have easily done the opposite, giving more space to the actual season 2.

-Blue was called by the Pentagon instead of Red, and she actually left.
-Yellow had "other stuff to do that she'll explain once she's done" and she left.
-Red is still there.
-Delusions and reality finally merged (but that was shown near the end of season 1 anyway).

It feels like they are simply removing the whole "this is a show inside a show" theme since in the retcon they avoided any reference to Saburo or the alliance with Malshiina to prevent the show from ending.

Let's hope they're not doing the old "let's try to attract a wider audience by completely changing the nature of the show" move. >_>
TBustah!
Mega
Favorite series: Zyu to Kaku
2nd Favorite Series: Bouken to Kaizoku
Favorite Actor?: Toku? Hiroki Suzuki
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Slot cars
Quote: "The future.... is in the past! Onwards, Aoshima!"
Type: ISFP Composer

Post by TBustah! »

I get that it was cheaper to use stand-ins for the roll call than calling back all of those actors, but why couldn't they just use stock audio? Did some sort of legal mumbo-jumbo prevent them from reusing it?
Enter the Meteor
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze
Dreamy: Sawada Shione
Favorite Actor?: Ryo Yoshizawa
Favorite Band: Spiv States
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Learning
Quote: "Kamen Raidā Meteo, Omae no sadame wa ore ga kimeru!"

Post by Enter the Meteor »

Hello~

Let me just give my two-cents in the dubbing matter: it s a joke. It showed DekaRed having his original voice in the first time it showed him saving Nobuo in our series of events, then, because it is a different universe at the end... his voice changed!

Anyway, they episode was G-R-E-A-T! The in-joke with the Aoi W, X, and Y movies was great.

I did cry when Mitsuki left, take care!

I kind of wanted Delu Knight (or DeluKnight) to live until the end of tssuu. I liked how he used the "Gates of Hell" cliche, great stuff! Oh, and Malseena pressing a ton of switches looking all flustered in the Robot.

Gosei Sentai Akibaranger! Eh! I hope they give us more information on this.

Best Joke: "Wait, my eyes were closed!"

Best Reference: The opening, plan and simple.

Later~

Return to “Hikounin Sentai AkibaRanger”