Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Akiba Tsuu 01 released

Post by takenoko »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/AkibaRanger_2_Episode_01

Weird. Guess the whole episode is setup for the rest of the season. I liked the new scenes where Mitsuki is obviously from months later since she has longer hair in them. I'm glad they didn't just change girls without filming new scenes for her.
the_imposter
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Zyuranger
Favorite Band: Casting Crowns
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Maths
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Re: Akiba Tsuu 01 released

Post by the_imposter »

Weird is right, I was quite surprised at the general tone they took, it kind of felt like this should be episode 0, or kind of a bridge between Season 1 and 2...

I guess the theme music will have more lyrics at some point, or maybe not it was kind of hard to tell if I was missing a joke or they actually are gonna change it up a bit in Episode 2. But I have high hopes for the series after what they did with Season 1 so I'm still hopeful and am reserving judgement until at least the first few episodes have aired.
Insert Witty Quote Here
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

I get the feeling that the whole telling the events of season one but changing details up a tiny bit will come back as a twist.

It really did feel like as they were telling the story of Akibaranger Season 1, it started out 100% and near the end everything got all changed up. Which probably means other Sentai storylines got changed up as well.
Merisusa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: PGSM / Akibaranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze / Gokaiger
Dreamy: Nephrite / Yumeria
Favorite Actor?: Masato Wada
Favorite Band: Yuzu / Daft Punk
My boom: Gekiga
Quote: We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. -Oscar Wilde

Post by Merisusa »

Honestly thinking that the opening theme will be an evolving one... Now they are starting with the storyboards, and more will be added as we go along. I think they are going this route because they don't want to give too much away.

I really liked how they pointed out what they were doing within the episode by having Hakase and Nobuo talk about recut Aoi movies... Very tongue in cheek... I got the feeling that they are playing with the story in this way because Official Sentai has never had second seasons, so with Akibarangers there are no rules against this kind of tinkering.

Wish there had been more Yumeria... But I am glad that it looks like she has become a professional mangaka... Maybe. :?
SpinelSun
Faiz
Favorite series: Kabuto,Decade,@DEEP
2nd Favorite Series: Magi,Deka,Shinken
Dreamy: Matsushima Hatsune
Alignment: Neutral Evil

Post by SpinelSun »

Merisusa wrote:Honestly thinking that the opening theme will be an evolving one... Now they are starting with the storyboards, and more will be added as we go along. I think they are going this route because they don't want to give too much away.
Well, I got the feeling that they just didn't want to waste money on what's basically a clip-show ep. Also the name of the OP theme is "Akibaranger Season Tsuu ~Demo DEMO Version~"

So all the LaLaLa is just to sing "something" in order to get the music approved by the directors/producers, before the entire lyrics were thought up. I'm assuming they threw the Demo Version of the OP song and the unfinished storyboards in for this ep just to make the whole (sloppily) re-cut footage/clipshow aspect more funny. I'm guessing the entire lyrics and full OP will appear next ep, but who knows.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

SpinelSun wrote:So all the LaLaLa is just to sing "something" in order to get the music approved by the directors/producers, before the entire lyrics were thought up. I'm assuming they threw the Demo Version of the OP song and the unfinished storyboards in for this ep just to make the whole (sloppily) re-cut footage/clipshow aspect more funny. I'm guessing the entire lyrics and full OP will appear next ep, but who knows.
So, they're Shaft? That's neat, least they have good taste in companies to latch ideas from.

I found Kujaku~!
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

Hilarious. I couldn’t stop laughing. I love that they took the trope they made fun of in the first season, recruitment by the US government, as being so unbelievable that it caused them to realize they were characters in a television show, and used that as the springboard to explain why the Blue will be different this season. The way the used scenes from the first season, re-shot some scenes, and in a few cases literally split the screen between old and new footage to change the character that the plot referred to was pretty neat.

Mitsuki got a few last really fun scenes to be part of, including that multi-team battle against some of the best monsters from the first season. And we also got a mecha vs. mecha battle that had me cracking up, between how tiny Itasha Robo was compared to Malshiina’s robo and that it looked like they used the S.H.Figurarts for most of the AkibaRangers’ part of the battle.

I also laughed at KozuKozu getting in on the official sentai cosplay delusion. I wonder if her actress felt left out last season.

Wonder what’s going on with the Zukyuun Aoi movies. Seems like Hakase trying to change the subject is foreshadowing for that intersecting with the AkibaRanger plot again.

All in all, seems like a great set-up for the new season. Should be interesting to see what’s going on with AkibaRanger suddenly taking Dairanger’s place as an official sentai.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

It would be funny if ZyuRanger was the one that got replaced instead of Dai. I like the Itasha Robo's swords are called Tsun and Dere. Akagi, I know your pain about compilation movies and glad they mention the pointlessness of making them. I like the how the credits have them as former Akiba<color>.
MajinBOO
It's not even funny
It's not even funny

Post by MajinBOO »

With this Semi-alternate-Universe style they can do another 13 episodes for season 3 ,4 ,5 ..... :lol:
They can change some character each season. Season 10 may has only Kozukozu while another members are new :P
Akibaranger Forever !!!!!!
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I'm liking the setup. I was wondering why the flashback was so off until the end.

And, the figuarts robot fight was great.
DREWdesu
7X

Post by DREWdesu »

I loved the first episode. Its a semi-recap but it wasn't ... great to see Mitsuki having very proper send-off... I was afraid that they would either do a Jason, Zack and Trini on her or just mention her in one small piece of dialog but she had a proper send-off which is great.

Sayaka's in Bhutan so I'll miss her too.

Malshiina looks great as always ;).

Oh and I love the ending credits hahaha.

EDIT:
Ahh so the show slowly diverged from Episode 4 (from Deluknight being the creeper and Mitsuki meeting the USA's Department of Defence) and then fully diverged by episode 6 (since Malshiina didn't enter reality.)
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

I'm not sure if my head hurts this much because of all of the laughing, or because of how confusingly meta all of this is. Rewriting the plot of season 1 is hilarious, but having seen season 1 this episode is a mind-job at first. You can't tell if you're misremembering how certain events went, or if they're screwing with you (until it becomes apparent it's the latter).

And they replaced DaiRanger as an official Sentai?! Whatever did DaiRanger do to deserve this slap in the face? :lol:

Also, when doing the official sentai roll call, the voices they used were clearly stand-ins. I can't tell if that's supposed to be a joke, or if that's actually being cheap and cutting corners. On the other hand, they did do a giant monster in the sentai city set; and the can finisher was an excellent throwback. Akibaranger always needed more robo action.

Now as long as the OP gets better (I already miss the old one!) this is going to be a great season. :D
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

That's actual cutting corners. Why pay 15 people to come in and do voice work when you can just pay three professional voice actors (and whoever else happens to be around)

http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/AkibaRange ... ice_Actors
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote:That's actual cutting corners. Why pay 15 people to come in and do voice work when you can just pay three professional voice actors (and whoever else happens to be around)

http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/AkibaRange ... ice_Actors
I was thinking more along the lines of just using a voice clip from a past series, since it's the same thing every time. Do Japanese Toku actors get royalties?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

They probably can't do that or Decade, Gokaiger, and any of the games that feature past characters would be a lot cheaper to make. Because of this, the voices are almost always random dubs, which is disappointing.

Return to “Hikounin Sentai AkibaRanger”