Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Akiba Tsuu 02 released

Post by takenoko »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/AkibaRanger_2_Episode_02

Man, as usual there's so much to take in from the episode.

New Mitsuki is pretty funny. I like how she's got a list of all the director's vices. I notice they left out Tasaki Ryuuta's fetishes, the guy who directed this episode. What an omission! Considering the guy did Sailor Moon and Salvage Mice, maybe his thing is girls like Luna, so it's a meta joke?

It still feels like this is episode 1. So we've got obligatory introductions and reintroductions. Guess we'll get to the meat of the episodes next time.
SpinelSun
Faiz
Favorite series: Kabuto,Decade,@DEEP
2nd Favorite Series: Magi,Deka,Shinken
Dreamy: Matsushima Hatsune
Alignment: Neutral Evil

Re: Akiba Tsuu 02 released

Post by SpinelSun »

I must have listened to the "Fight! Sun Vulcan Robo" song sung by Ogino Karin a hundred times O_O
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Slowking
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Favorite series: Magi/Geki/Gokai/Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Gosei/W
Quote: Henshin!

Post by Slowking »

A-Kibaranger

I love them
Behold the Emperor!
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

I have a geek moment when I hear Abe Wataru's voice reprising his role as Byakko Shinken and KibaRanger
The true King-Ohger, Moffun
SpinelSun
Faiz
Favorite series: Kabuto,Decade,@DEEP
2nd Favorite Series: Magi,Deka,Shinken
Dreamy: Matsushima Hatsune
Alignment: Neutral Evil

Post by SpinelSun »

So was I the only one to notice they've upgraded the Moe moe Zukyuun props so the Gun trigger and call button actually press now? In season 1 they didn't.
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

I think what I love best is comparing the full opening sequence to the demo opening sequence last episode. Both are pretty cool, and they did put in quite a bit of effort to do the storyboard effects to match the real episode.

Luna’s motives for accepting the device are hilarious, but practical.

The misunderstanding between Luna’s memories of AkibaRanger and Akagi/Yumeria’s throughout the battle were pretty funny.

The whole DaiRanger becoming ChinaMan is absurd, which makes its perfect for this series. Should be interesting to see how they re-establish DaiRanger in reality. (Although the thought that the end of last week's episode was just a delusion was a nice bit of misdirection for a few minutes early on in the episode.)
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I didn't even notice that KibaRanger had the AkibaRanger logo on him until I read it on the wiki. It's so meta but love it for it.
jolly_old_saint
Faiz
Favorite series: Gumby
2nd Favorite Series: Dengekibikifaizenger
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by jolly_old_saint »

Look out, its a kibaranger kaijin!

....Also, look out, its Quentin Tarantino!
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

oh hai, female gai...

oh, luna, like Toei would spend money.

Kibaranger, don't worry, here in america we'll always remember you as the badass tommy oliver.

wait, dairanger's original name was Chinaman?...is it offensive if i laugh at how racist that sounds?

I wonder if the reason they don't cast luna is because she is too young.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Lost my shit at the role call when Luna called out the Dairanger phrase.

Rising New Star, classic.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

locuas wrote:wait, dairanger's original name was Chinaman?...is it offensive if i laugh at how racist that sounds?
You must forgot Super Hero Taihen where they talked about DaiRanger's original name.

The episode mocks the Internet rumor that Gosei Sentai DaiRanger was originally going to be called Chuuka Sentai Chinaman. The original name was actually Chuuka Sentai Daikenger.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Oh the poor Akihabara otaku. Here's to another season of them getting mercilessly tormented by the Chief Clerks.:lol:

So when Luna was going over the Sentai directors' preferences, is all of that true? And what the heck is "absolute territory". Did they just call poor Koichi Sakamoto a pervert? :P

Third, I realize they're going for 2/Tsuu jokes with this season, even if that's not how they normally pronounce 2. However just how many meanings does Tsuu have, and when do they apply? e.g. what is "Tsuu Shogun" supposed to mean (Connoisseur Shogun?), and even "Season Tsuu" for that matter with Akibaranger?

Fourth, it goes without saying that the full version of the OP is a lot better than the demo version. Still, I miss the 8-bit retro vibe from the season 1 OP; this one is decent enough, but I almost wish they had stuck with season 1's, which was absolutely a riot.

Fifth, the new mooks are unfortunately not nearly as good as the Shachiiku. The Shachiiku practically wrote themselves with the various suit gags and their catch phrases. The new guys are creeper, but almost a step down in costuming, and definitely a step down in humor.:(

Finally, there's a typesetting error at 8:10 to 8:13. The old lines aren't removed before the new lines are laid down, so you can barely read what's being said since they're all mixed up and covering each other up.
Slowking wrote:A-Kibaranger

I love them
I didn't realize that until I read this thread. Oh god, that's brilliantly awful. :lol:
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

>So when Luna was going over the Sentai directors' preferences, is all of that true? And what the heck is "absolute territory". Did they just call poor Koichi Sakamoto a pervert? :P

From TV Tropes ""Absolute Territory" (zettai ryouiki in Japanese) describes the area of uncovered thigh between the skirt and the stockings that's apparently a total magnet for Male Gaze. "

>However just how many meanings does Tsuu have, and when do they apply? e.g. what is "Tsuu Shogun" supposed to mean (Connoisseur Shogun?), and even "Season Tsuu" for that matter with Akibaranger?

Tsuu always means "pain" except for in the case of connoisseur. Huh, didn't mean to imply that his name meant connoisseur shogun. It's the alternate pronunciation of ita that was prevalent in season 1, and like you said, it's a pun on their English pronunciation of "Two":
http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Hikounin_S ... Chronology

>Finally, there's a typesetting error at 8:10 to 8:13. The old lines aren't removed before the new lines are laid down, so you can barely read what's being said since they're all mixed up and covering each other up.

Oh damn, looks like the end time didn't get edited properly. Sorry
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote:From TV Tropes ""Absolute Territory" (zettai ryouiki in Japanese) describes the area of uncovered thigh between the skirt and the stockings that's apparently a total magnet for Male Gaze. "
Thanks for the explanation. Thumbing through TV Tropes here, and just so I'm understanding this right, it's how much skin is not showing? :? The implication being that Koichi likes girls in very short skirts wearing very long stockings?

That seems so backwards. Then again this is Japan. :oops:

Return to “Hikounin Sentai AkibaRanger”