Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Akiba Tsuu 5 released

Post by takenoko »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/AkibaRanger_2_Episode_05

Oh boy, Natsume is back as Luna's rival? Nice hat.

I like how over the top the Powerful Rangers were.

Spoiler
I wonder who the guy who played Spielburton was. I hope it's one of the director's (or this episode's director) but I'm not familiar enough with them to tell by face.
Oh, in the credits it says it's Sakamoto Koichi, the Power Rangers director. Of course.

The dinosaur jokes were pretty good too.

A lot of references as always. Let us know if the wiki's missing anything.
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INFP Healer

Re: Akiba Tsuu 5 released

Post by Kuchiri »

I lost it at Powerful Rangers. Not going to lie.

I was spoiled with Sentai at a young age whenever Power Rangers were like in their third or fourth year. So I've known for ages that Sentai came first. Try explaining that to people. I feel the pain.

It feels like there is more to Luna. She seems to be like a beacon of delusion. She is delusional about herself and believes she is always right. So far every time she believes something very strongly it has negatively affected something. Same thing happened in Episode 4 with Akagi. That was pretty much because he was targeted himself with his Aoi love. When he got the Chou powerup, Aoi was restored.

I'm feeling that there is a pretty big twist coming up. I'm going back to the point that Akibarangers had their own story messed up and eventually it'll be fixed.
SpinelSun
Faiz
Favorite series: Kabuto,Decade,@DEEP
2nd Favorite Series: Magi,Deka,Shinken
Dreamy: Matsushima Hatsune
Alignment: Neutral Evil

Post by SpinelSun »

I lost it at the Powerful Rangers super muscle-y comic cover.

A bit disappointed they made them "American" by tacking on american flags. They had full screen close ups of their belts, that still said ZYURANGER and KYORYUSENTAI they couldve changed it to "MIGHTY MORPHIN POWERFUL RANGERS" like they did with making KibaRangers chest logo the Akibaranger logo, and having them not notice it initially.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Now that you mention it, did anyone else find it weird that they went out of their way to not mention the Power Rangers? I get that we're seeing this through Luna's ignorant perspective of the events, but it said Powerful Rangers on Akagi's phone and he pretty much treats Powerful Rangers as Power Rangers.
SpinelSun
Faiz

Post by SpinelSun »

takenoko wrote:Now that you mention it, did anyone else find it weird that they went out of their way to not mention the Power Rangers? I get that we're seeing this through Luna's ignorant perspective of the events, but it said Powerful Rangers on Akagi's phone and he pretty much treats Powerful Rangers as Power Rangers.
They used "Power Rangers S.P.D" in the DekaRed cameo ep last season.
I assumed the change now was because they are obviously shitting on PR and Saban would probly cry trademark infringement on use of "Power Rangers", especially in this less than flattering manner. I guess?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Yeah I guess, it's just that Toei obviously owns more of those rights than Saban, so I can't imagine that they'd get in any real legal trouble. Maybe they were worried about upsetting Power Ranger fans?

Speaking of which, it's pretty great how many American references they threw into this episode. I also really love the Powerful Rangers running up the same cliffside each time.
SpinelSun
Faiz

Post by SpinelSun »

takenoko wrote:Yeah I guess, it's just that Toei obviously owns more of those rights than Saban, so I can't imagine that they'd get in any real legal trouble. Maybe they were worried about upsetting Power Ranger fans?

Speaking of which, it's pretty great how many American references they threw into this episode. I also really love the Powerful Rangers running up the same cliffside each time.
Well obviously Toei owns all the image rights, but the trademark for the name "Power Rangers" is, I assume, wholely owned by Saban.
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Kuchiri »

Isn't Akiba made by a different company than Toei and really don't have any rights to Zyuranger image or Power Rangers?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Pretty much no one but Toei could make AkibaRangers.

PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

The Engrish in this episode was downright painful. Guess it's a good thing that pain is strength for the Akibarangers then, isn't it? Nice touch to have Sakamoto Koichi step in as the "American" director, though. It also explained why his English sounded a little more natural.
SpinelSun wrote:I lost it at the Powerful Rangers super muscle-y comic cover.

A bit disappointed they made them "American" by tacking on american flags. They had full screen close ups of their belts, that still said ZYURANGER and KYORYUSENTAI they couldve changed it to "MIGHTY MORPHIN POWERFUL RANGERS" like they did with making KibaRangers chest logo the Akibaranger logo, and having them not notice it initially.
I swear I had a Power Rangers comic drawn in that super muscle-y style when I was a kid. It always annoyed me because it looked nothing like the suits from the television show. As for the buckles, I took that as another subtle reference to MMPR since you could see those words on them when they spliced in the sentai footage.

Not my favorite episode from this season, but still pretty funny. Having a male cover of Girls in Trouble was an interesting choice for the ending theme.
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Kuchiri »

They should've added the Dino coins to the chests.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I would have love if there was a mention of giant floating head asking for teenagers with attitude. Or maybe even have Dragon Ranger wear the god awful chest plate that the American version wore. I can imagine someone thinking like Luna and thought Sentai is a rip-off of Power Rangers. At least they stop having Luna disappearing all the time now.
SpinelSun
Faiz

Post by SpinelSun »

Phoenix512 wrote:Or maybe even have Dragon Ranger wear the god awful chest plate that the American version wore.
what?

do you mean the weird Godzilla looking chest symbol that was on the toys? (instead of his usual dino medal) That was under the armor though.
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Kuchiri »

In Power Rangers since they didn't have Zyuranger's Golden Chest Piece they created their own foam one.
SpinelSun
Faiz

Post by SpinelSun »

Kuchiri wrote:In Power Rangers since they didn't have Zyuranger's Golden Chest Piece they created their own foam one.
Ha, never noticed. Any comparison shots?

Return to “Hikounin Sentai AkibaRanger”