Akiba Tsuu 5 released

Not officially a Sentai
prowlfire
Adventure

Re: Akiba Tsuu 5 released

Post by prowlfire »

ViRGE wrote:Finally, am I the only one who finds themselves preferring the Akibaranger cover of Girls in Trouble over the original? Something about the lower octave of having the men sing it gives it a better harmony.
Can't say I prefer the cover over the original, but Nobuo and Tsuu do harmonize quite well. But, I'm a huge JasUme fanboy, so I'm biased as hell. At least it gives me an excuse to sing along in my male voice...though it's not like that's stopped me the last 9 years (oh dear lord it's been that long?!).
Tomos
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Languages/singing

Post by Tomos »

IMHO, the idea of people not being able to sing songs due to their gender seems ridiculous.
TBustah!
Mega
Favorite series: Zyu to Kaku
2nd Favorite Series: Bouken to Kaizoku
Favorite Actor?: Toku? Hiroki Suzuki
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Slot cars
Quote: "The future.... is in the past! Onwards, Aoshima!"
Type: ISFP Composer

Post by TBustah! »

^Try explaining that one to your friends the next time they catch you humming It's Raining Men.
MajinBOO
It's not even funny
It's not even funny

Post by MajinBOO »

I saw some "youtuber" said/comment
"This is masked rider dragon knight rip-off" in one ep. of Fourze. (yes Fourze not Ryuki)
"Sentai suck, Japanese make a bootleg of PR"

These may be the reason for this episode of Akibaranger.

I don't think you should serious about that. Look at WWE some Japanese wrestlers are great/more skillful than WWE top stars, but they made them as a clown.
arromdee
Go Go!

Post by arromdee »

I got the impression that this was aimed at, and written by, people who didn't know anything about Power Rangers other than what one might learn in Japan by reading a three line newspaper article. So it's not going to parody anything that' we'd recognize as Power Rangers other than the name and the vague premise that they're Americans replacing the Sentai.
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

arromdee wrote:I got the impression that this was aimed at, and written by, people who didn't know anything about Power Rangers other than what one might learn in Japan by reading a three line newspaper article. So it's not going to parody anything that' we'd recognize as Power Rangers other than the name and the vague premise that they're Americans replacing the Sentai.
i do not think so, i think it is actually the other way around. Power rangers spd aired in japan a short time ago, so it should still be fresh in people's minds...especially since this series is aimed to sentai fans who probably have at least heard of power rangers spd airing.
I think this is actually a reference to sentai fans who hate PR because it is not sentai, just switching places to show how much of a jerks some of them look like, after all, can you tell me you have never met someone who might say some of the things powerful rangers said in this episode?
Masked Rider
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Super Sentai
Dreamy: Shinkenyellow
Favorite Actor?: Ayumi Kinoshita
Favorite Band: Ayumi Hamasaki
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: Shadow Kick!!!

Post by Masked Rider »

Well, it looks like the thoughts/debates regarding this episode has been deeply discussed. So I'll comment on the commercials. The HD Remaster 2.0 Blu Ray for Ultraman looks great! Not only the quality itself, but also the packaging design looks very premium.

I wonder if Kamen Rider will make its way on the release list too?
BuraddoRun
7X
Favorite series: Go-Onger
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Shiraishi Mako
Favorite Actor?: Takeshi Kitano
Favorite Band: Momoiro Clover Z
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: MLB
Quote: "Come now, let us reason together," says the LORD. "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool." -Isaiah 1:18

Post by BuraddoRun »

locuas wrote:
takenoko wrote:Nah. The joke is that in the alternate universe, Japan ripped off Power Rangers to create Sentai. In reality, Power Rangers rights holders probably have to pay Toei some stuff for using their material in their shows. Again, reality is bent for the sake of comedy.
yes, but why start with wild force of all series? it just looks like a random series to pick. i would have picked time force,(considered one of the three best pr series) or maybe SPD, since that one seemed to have a decent reception in Japan, and i could see them remaking it. I don't know, it's just WIld force looks like just random.
I'm a little late to the discussion maybe, but I think they actually chose the 8th Power(ful) Rangers show, Wild Force, to mirror the fact that Saban had originally planned or maybe attempted to localize the 8th Super Sentai series, Bioman, well before MMPR came out.

See this:
http://articles.latimes.com/1986-08-12/ ... haim-saban

and this:
http://www.rangerboard.com/showthread.php?t=146631

I don't know if Saban used Bioman footage without Toei's permission or not. The little searching I've done on the internet doesn't say anything like that. Most sources just say no network wanted to pick it up in the states. So maybe that "steal" part in Akiba was just to give the story some context, but that 8th series part seems pretty non-coincidental to me. Also, I agree with how Takenoko and some others view the episode. I don't think there was any malice in it. It was just a parody, playing up American stereotypes, and not meaning to offend. Don't forget that when Ban (or Ban's actor, rather) appeared in Akiba 1, he told Nobuo that he was going to a Power Rangers S.P.D. convention. There was no negativity in that Power Rangers reference at all.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

That could be. I just figured that they chose Wild Force since "everything since the millennium change" was a convenient cut off point for removing the toys in the shop

Return to “Hikounin Sentai AkibaRanger”