Akiba Tsuu 6 released

Not officially a Sentai
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Akiba Tsuu 6 released

Post by Phoenix512 »

http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/AkibaRanger_2_Episode_06

Akagi has a weird fetish. I sorta of laugh when he was going to be hopeless at this rate. Now Tsuu is going to abuse the power of delusions. Also interesting plan with making the Chara Character have no evil face. He's using the power of tropes as well.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: Akiba Tsuu 6 released

Post by takenoko »

Man, there's a lot of stuff going on in this episode. Pretty fun stuff as usual. Got to love the Nakagawa Shoko parody and all the references as usual.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I wonder who Akagi got to make that Aoi figure. General Tsu can make good figures. Maybe they secretly met up after the karaoke thing and are friends. Would be a good twist.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Yeah, that's the implication when they both say "I had a friend of a friend... blah blah blah". I mean, I guess it could be coincidence, but probably not, right?
FangTrigger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider Sentai
Quote: Impossible is nothing.....Master everything!

Post by FangTrigger »

Question! What was written on AkibaYellow's panties?
Unrelated question: What was the name of the old man that was the narrator for the Kakuranger series?

Interesting episode. Akagi, I can totally relate bro. most guys (and some girls) get turned on by fictional characters.

I felt bad for Hakase when Akagi said 'you shouldn't say those things about yourself.' Don't blame him! He just doesn't know much about women.

Nice 4th wall break by the M.O.W. as well. Always a good thing to think about the children!

I gotta say....all those titty-punches kinda hurt my chest too. from what my female friends say, it's like getting hit in the junk for guys.
Last edited by FangTrigger on Thu May 23, 2013 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Malshiina reads it out loud in episode four: "Married woman".
jolly_old_saint
Faiz
Favorite series: Gumby
2nd Favorite Series: Dengekibikifaizenger

Post by jolly_old_saint »

Are you sure its not what which was written?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

SHUT UP, SUSHI!
Rashef
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: W, Akibaranger
2nd Favorite Series: Akibaranger season 2
Alignment: Neutral Evil
My boom: Monkey Island

Post by Rashef »

So... Tsuu and Nobuo have a friend in common? Omoshiroi...

Also, silly feeling in the gut but what are the chances the girl who massacred TsuuShogun was secretly Mitsuki? (Maybe i'm reading the tropes wrong but would there be any other reason to not show her angry face if it were any other way? Or is it just my wishful thinking?)

Great episode overall and I feel we're going to get a 7th episode twist. :X
My Copyright Infringing folder with random assortment of ripped Kamen Rider SFX is found right... HERE.
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey the Live
Dreamy: Chase
My boom: The new Garo series
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Saejima Kouga »

Did anyone catch the Sailor Moon throw back?
Spoiler
When Hakase was trying to help Akagi over come his perversion, the Sailor Moon S broach was hanging on her waist.
I’m the one nightmares are afraid of.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

On the one hand, I really didn't want to know what turns on Nobuo. On the other hand, I suppose it's been obvious since day one, and again more recently with the Aoi power-up. Still, he's clearly a pervert.:P

I can't say I cared for the MOTW. Cute MOTWs always annoy me and this one was no different. The costume also was underwhelming; it makes sense in the context of the episode, but it's not the more intricate foam-rubber monstrosities that typically define the MOTWs, so that's a bit disappointing. Hopefully this MOTW isn't coming back, but since Akibaranger always reuses a MOTW for 2 episodes...

Meanwhile, poor Hakase once again. It's bad enough that Nobuo is in love with her voice, but then when the subject of her physical appearance comes up we find out that he doesn't find her face cute. One of these days she's going to hit him over the head, and he will have deserved it.

Though I find it amusing how far Hakase is willing to go to cheat. First buying off the fake DekaRed in season one, and now she's paid Luna and Tanaka Nobuo in nearly successive episodes. Perhaps that's how she got her VA job in the first place, otherwise she's turning into a very cutthroat person.:o

And more genre savviness out of Tsuu Shogun. That was actually a brilliant plan since it plays the Sentai tropes so well. Though I'm surprised he's just now realizing that the world of delusions is having an impact on the "real" world. I had assumed that he already knew about this based on what happened in the Dairanger episodes, and that the basis of the whole plot was him disliking Dairanger and wanting to remove it from history. However with this revelation it means we're going to get the chance to see how a genre savvy bad guy will use the power of delusions to change the world, these next episodes should be fun.

On a side note, Akibaranger may be an ensemble show, but I have to say that it's Wada Masato that really sells the show and makes it so wonderful. He completely sells the concept of a hyper personality perverted otaku with his over the top acting. As the eponymous old man, he's doing a fantastic job.
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

I was kind of disappointed. This episode felt really light and just kept dragging along. We knew somehow Akagi would overcome his inability to attack the monster but nothing else was really happening. Nice to get some context on this gif I saw a few days ago, though!

ViRGE wrote:As the eponymous old man
I don't think this means what you think it means.
nanaholic
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com

Post by nanaholic »

Saejima Kouga wrote:Did anyone catch the Sailor Moon throw back?
Spoiler
When Hakase was trying to help Akagi over come his perversion, the Sailor Moon S broach was hanging on her waist.
Spoiler
At first I thought it was a Sailor Moon throw back, but when I paused and looked at it closer and did a google on what the broach toy looked like it looked a littler different and then I wasn't sure. Unless Toei went to the trouble of making a new one.

Also I kept wondering if they are hinting something further due to Sailor Moon is being remade - perhaps Uchida Maya is already cast to be the new Usagi....
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

It could honestly be a new one because the retail ones are all worth hundreds of dollars now and I doubt anyone at Toei had one lying around.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

What? There are toy commercials in my Akiba show?!

/me flashes back to all the merchandising connections between the commercials and in-show products or celebrities shilling their wares.

Return to “Hikounin Sentai AkibaRanger”