Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: W, Akibaranger
2nd Favorite Series: Akibaranger season 2
Alignment: Neutral Evil
My boom: Monkey Island

Re: Akiba Tsuu 08 released

Post by Rashef »

This is just getting silly...
Remember how in season 1 the Delusion Cancellation device was a last resort option that would diminish thier delusion powers? (hope I remember this correctly...)
Is it just me or is it used every friggen episode in season 2suu ? Seems weak and really makes me root for the Shogun and his lol empire.

Also... I wonder what those hospital bits are supposed to be now? I hope it's not another of those "the Sixth Sense" twists. Then again considering what kind of series this is maybe I really do xD.
My Copyright Infringing folder with random assortment of ripped Kamen Rider SFX is found right... HERE.
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

Spoiler
This is just getting silly...
Remember how in season 1 the Delusion Cancellation device was a last resort option that would diminish thier delusion powers? (hope I remember this correctly...)
Is it just me or is it used every friggen episode in season 2suu ? Seems weak and really makes me root for the Shogun and his lol empire.

retcon :p
Revorse
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Blade
Quote: "For you, there is no finale."

Post by Revorse »

Seiji Takaiwa did stuff for Sentai? I didn't know. I thought they would have mentioned his roles as Kamen Rider, but I guess not.
Luna's nuts. Just inserting her name anytime. It's funny.
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

This episode was funny and it was nice to get some focus on the suit actors again. Didn't know they put emphasis on how well the actor can pull how a boss is supposed to die but it makes sense. Lol...Was cool to see how they do that red sun set in the studio. Looks pretty easy to do. I guess Luna's character in this show is to be the comedy person and also be an idiot. The needed a comedy character so I guess that's her role. Nice to see Takaiwa Seiji in the end too. He must've had a day off from filming Wizard for this scene. The ending scene has gotten me intrigued as to why that person turned on Boukenger.
stalydan
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Dreamy: Tendou (Kabuto)
Favorite Band: Versailles
Quote: Now, count up your sins!

Post by stalydan »

Revorse wrote:Seiji Takaiwa did stuff for Sentai? I didn't know. I thought they would have mentioned his roles as Kamen Rider, but I guess not.
Luna's nuts. Just inserting her name anytime. It's funny.
Bearing in mind that Kamen Rider is really being dodged for any mention in this series, it makes perfect sense that they wouldn't mention it. I could tell instantly though that Takaiwa has been in Sentai before as soon as I saw Wizard's fighting style. It's so much like MagiRed that it can't be a coincidence that he was picked.

It was a good episode though I'm sad Malshiina's henshin sequence was cut down because I wanted to see Tsuu Shogun's reaction to it.

I'm now referring to Luna as AkibaMoonMoon because she's so goddamn stupid sometimes. Yellow only has two hands and she's not GokaiBlue so don't throw multiple weapons at her!

The hospital thing seems interesting. Purely speculating, I think that the guy in the bed is:
Spoiler
Tsuu Shogun. Seeing as delusions are having effects on the real world, I think this guy is a Sentai Villain otaku, like Tsuu, but he's so ill that he's trying to escape into a world where he's actually a Sentai Villain and created the Tsuu Shogun as a character he wants to be and has the delusional power (where he knows it or not) to bring them into the real world.
butyoumight
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Sengoku Ryouma
Favorite Actor?: Jinnai Sho
My boom: Persona 4
Quote: Ware wa kage, shinnaru ware.

Post by butyoumight »

I could tell instantly though that Takaiwa has been in Sentai before as soon as I saw Wizard's fighting style. It's so much like MagiRed that it can't be a coincidence that he was picked.
I wouldn't say Takaiwa Seiji was "picked" for Kamen Rider Wizard because of his fighting style when he was MagiRed. In fact, that probably IS a coincidence. Takaiwa-san has been the suit actor for the title Rider every year since Kabuto, and before that Agito through Blade (as one wiki puts it "12 out of 14 Heisei Riders").

I mean, yes, he's done Sentai before too, obviously, or he wouldn't be in this episode. Nobuo does a great job of really rapidly listing Takaiwa-san's most well known Sentai roles.

But to imply that there's some sort of correlation between him being MagiRed and him being Wizard is... coincidental, at the very least.
stalydan
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Dreamy: Tendou (Kabuto)
Favorite Band: Versailles
Quote: Now, count up your sins!

Post by stalydan »

butyoumight wrote:I wouldn't say Takaiwa Seiji was "picked" for Kamen Rider Wizard because of his fighting style when he was MagiRed. In fact, that probably IS a coincidence. Takaiwa-san has been the suit actor for the title Rider every year since Kabuto, and before that Agito through Blade (as one wiki puts it "12 out of 14 Heisei Riders").

I mean, yes, he's done Sentai before too, obviously, or he wouldn't be in this episode. Nobuo does a great job of really rapidly listing Takaiwa-san's most well known Sentai roles.

But to imply that there's some sort of correlation between him being MagiRed and him being Wizard is... coincidental, at the very least.
Yeah, I got my wording wrong there, I do apologise. I meant that I could tell they were the same suit actor because the fighting styles were so similar that it couldn't be a coincidence. Sure, some of the actors have fighting styles that look quite like each other but Takaiwa has a certain flare with sword play that shows really well with Wizard and MagiRed.
zeta_gundam
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by zeta_gundam »

He's "Mr. Kamen Rider" for a reason: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seiji_Takaiwa

His Sentai roles aren't that short either.
Wild Goose
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com

Post by Wild Goose »

So after years of not watching Sentai (I think I stopped after Shinkenger's finale in '09)... decided to give Akibaranger a try.

I've marathoned all eps up to this. It's a blast. It's the humor of the Decade Net Movies with good action (seriously? This is low budget?) and it doesn't take itself seriously at all.

That said, looks like Saburo Hatte won in a sense, since he managed to warp the Akibarangers' reality :p. Which is a pity, as I kinda liked Malshiina's FoeYay with AkibaRed.

Also, damn, but Okamoto-san is still a badass, as is Niibori-san.

Loving this show to bits.

Return to “Hikounin Sentai AkibaRanger”