Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Akiba Tsuu 08 released

Post by takenoko »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/AkibaRanger_2_Episode_08

Before I get to say this, I really enjoy Luna as a dumb character. Her non-sequitors are really great. I just love it when she says her name for no reason, whether it's some act of self-promotion, done out of ego, or just the only thing she can say (like she's a Pokemon)

I'm really wondering about the story about the guy in the hospital bed. He turned on Boukenger? Hmmm...
FangTrigger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider Sentai
Quote: Impossible is nothing.....Master everything!

Re: Akiba Tsuu 08 released

Post by FangTrigger »

I think you posted this ahead of the release. There's only at 1080 Garo episode 8 released, but not Akibaranger 8 (or 7 for that matter)
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Whoops. Saw the 08, pulled the wrong thread. Should be fixed now.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Words are failing me, have a picture:

Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

I had a nerd attack when Okamoto Yoshinori shows up and Yuuko mistaken as Okamoto Jirou. And then I have a major nerd attack when Takaiwa Seiji shows his face

And LOL at Yuuko trying to put hand cuffs on Takaiwa-san!

I like how they explain that for the actors playing the bad guys, one of the things they need to consider is how to die beautifully when beaten by the heroes

I also like they keep referring to the previous episode's ending songs

The ED of the episode describes the very pain... the cold stares... ouch!
The true King-Ohger, Moffun
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Oh man I love this episode. Stuff with suit actors is always awesome. The "beautiful death" really struck a chord with me cause so many times recently you see someone ham up the death too much but for toku it's always just boom bam, beauty! Amazing.

Seiji Takaiwa!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let me have your babies!!!

Oh god that ending song is my life. Every single time I go to the movies, it's a ticket for one and I'm with all the kids and their parents. T_T Even if it's painful, I will still keep going!
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

It's just funny that Tsuu popups near Malshiina's crotch. I'm surprised there wasn't a real world alternation this time. Luna was just loving being the center of attention until the others got really annoyed by the wait. Silly Luna, how do you expect Yuuko to use three guns when she only has two hands.
Silent_X
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Silent_X »

Should Takaiwa Seiji be as big of a deal in the AkibaRan-verse since Kamen Rider doesn't seem to exist?
Without it it would seem like Seiji retired from suit acting for a couple year and then came back once for Magiranger.

Anyway, always nice seeing the suit actors get the spotlight. The unsung heroes of Toku.
I may be lying
Disclaimer: I do not endorse HeadOn; it is barely anything more than a stick of wax. I am simply using it as a Transformers joke.
JonSilver
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by JonSilver »

The strategy for the win this time was just EPIC. Some of my favorite episodes in toku have been the ones where a commander and one of the members end their rivalry.
KamenRiderScar
Adventure
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Black
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Tiga
Dreamy: Yes
Favorite Band: A little bit of all
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: "It doesn't take the world's greatest nations to create the next global conflict, just the will of a single man." -Makarov
Type: ISFP Composer

Post by KamenRiderScar »

Phoenix512 wrote:Silly Luna, how do you expect Yuuko to use three guns when she only has two hands.
Remember that time in Gokaiger when Joe used 5 Gokai Sabers? I think she thought Yuuko would've done the same thing.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I liked the other combined weapon better.

Its a nice episode. The suit actor thing paralleled nicely with the one from last season.
Leonsagara
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Leonsagara »

Oh man, I was hoping the Gekirangers were going to show up, but it looks like there won't be any more outrageous powers. Still a pretty good ep. Poor Malshiina.
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

I find Luna kind of bland. The character's nice, but the actress is just kind of... there. It's weird. Her enthusiasm feels forced, I suppose. She's not too bad in the delusion world, so maybe it's just her body language or something.

Tsuu Shogun's face was crushed as the sunset went up, that poor bastard. He thinks he's got it all figured out but he's trying to walk up the down escalator on this stuff.
toni2212
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Post by toni2212 »

Silent_X wrote:Should Takaiwa Seiji be as big of a deal in the AkibaRan-verse since Kamen Rider doesn't seem to exist?
Without it it would seem like Seiji retired from suit acting for a couple year and then came back once for Magiranger.

Anyway, always nice seeing the suit actors get the spotlight. The unsung heroes of Toku.
Maybe. Guess they just want to emphasize the main rule in Akiba's world that Sentai is the greatest show ever. That's why they had Takaiwa-san who seems like an equivalent of Niibori Kazuo in Kamen Rider appeared. Probably they want the viewers reaction such as:

"Dude, that guy is a well-known in Kamen Rider series, and yet you only list his Sentai's works??? Painful!

Otherwise, if the writer just want to give a suit actor cameo without any hidden plot, they could just ask other actors who are not busy right now. Takaiwa is doing Wizard right now.Why not ask Hirofumi Fukuzawa to appear instead?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Oh, I'm dumb. I subbed the Renai Replay Commercial, but left out the most important line

Character voice: Uchida Maaya (Hakase's actress and Aoi's voice actress). I just love Japan's blatant cross promotion of stuff.

Return to “Hikounin Sentai AkibaRanger”