jolly_old_saint
Faiz
Favorite series: Gumby
2nd Favorite Series: Dengekibikifaizenger
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Re: Akiba Tsuu 11 released

Post by jolly_old_saint »

dancercotillion wrote:a competition you've devised
Not strictly him alone. Also it isn't really a competition, since he can time travel and declare it over whenever he wants. The whole thing's really more just an extended exercise in snake/manta/rhinoceros breeding...
takenoko wrote:Shut up, grandpa! Or we'll put you in a home!
I'm already capable of quoting the simpsons!
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

This episode was pretty funny. The thought of Malshiina headlining every Sentai show is just mind bloggling and tiresome. But yeah, I think her explanations for her diabolical scheme actually makes sense. She keep getting pushed aside to make room for the new villains and she deserves better than that. Finally Luna makes herself to overcome this plot though and I thought she looked badass trying to fight without Akagi and Yumeria. But what was up with Akagi acting weird in the end and asking for Hakase to marry her when the battle is done? Lol...That was so out of the blue.
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

jolly_old_saint wrote:Not strictly him alone. Also it isn't really a competition, since he can time travel and declare it over whenever he wants. The whole thing's really more just an extended exercise in snake/manta/rhinoceros breeding...
Yeah, he was a dick running the most complicated scam possible. What a jerk.

He sure did look snazzy in that trenchcoat, though I wish he'd've combed his damn hair once in a while. Maybe he didn't know? Can you see your own reflections when you are a reflection? Hmm.
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

chronoxiong wrote:But what was up with Akagi acting weird in the end and asking for Hakase to marry her when the battle is done? Lol...That was so out of the blue.
He was performing the flags of defeat to power himself up

- talking about having a happy life after the battle ends
- using his comrades as shields
- tell the enemy to take something with them to the grave
The true King-Ohger, Moffun
Darkwings
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Darkwings »

Am I the only one that wanted the whole season to be like this episode?

I mean, the first season was over the top, self-aware, sometimes just stupid and it was good exactly for those reasons.
The whole idea of fighting against the rigid plot and the ending of the show itself was brilliant.
Take away the self-awareness and the self-parody theme and season 2 is what's left, an average spoof show.

I never liked overly long setups (even when big movies with big directors try to pull that, 99% of times they fail really hard) and this one consumed most likely the majority of the season.

If they realize that the meta-meta-show is more interesting than just the meta/spoof-show, why didn't they do that from the start?
TBustah!
Mega
Favorite series: Zyu to Kaku
2nd Favorite Series: Bouken to Kaizoku
Favorite Actor?: Toku? Hiroki Suzuki
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Slot cars
Quote: "The future.... is in the past! Onwards, Aoshima!"
Type: ISFP Composer

Post by TBustah! »

EDIT: Nevermind.
DREWdesu
7X

Post by DREWdesu »

Wow I just caught up and I must really say I loved this episode.

I love how Luna is just the heart of the group even though she doesn't realize anything that's going on...

But man the emotions THE EMOTIONS!!!

Oh by the way the Sailor Uranus costume was one of Yuuko's costumes from Season 1 where she had that fake phone call from (c)Na disguising as Tsukada Hideaki .
JosueFm
Quote: just wanna henshin

Post by JosueFm »

Hey there everybody,

been a lurker for a while, thought it was about time I posted. :)

Loved this episode. It's good to see the 4th wall being brought down again, even though it was not executed as well as in season 1 IMHO.

Was I the only one that got pumped up and excited (and then ultimately heartbroken) when Luna did the running Henshin like Akagi in S1 and failed?

(Side note: the spam bot question filter when I registered was a bunch of Kamen Rider names, and I've never seen a Rider series... lol I was terrified I would get it wrong)
just wanna henshin
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey the Live
Dreamy: Chase
My boom: The new Garo series
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Saejima Kouga »

I want an mp3 of Malshiina singing "Dolla" (the Bandora song)! It was the ending..
I’m the one nightmares are afraid of.

Return to “Hikounin Sentai AkibaRanger”