Akibaranger OP Question...

Not officially a Sentai
Thessair
There are five lights!
There are five lights!
Quote: This is a quote. Yes, indeed.

Akibaranger OP Question...

Post by Thessair »

Before I get into my questions, I wanted to say that I know this section is fairly deserted these days. If there is a better place for this, oh friendly mods, please move to the appropriate section as I don't mean to cause a ruckus.

Now, to my questions! An infinity of thanks to anyone who can help me with this!

I'm pretty new to the whole Tokusatsu thing so if I'm making any errors or faux pas, so please excuse my ignorance. My knowledge of written Japanese is less than nonexistent so I'm hoping perhaps someone can help. There are a couple of parts to this.

One: In the image below, from the opening, what is the script behind the characters? Is it Kanji, Kana?

Two: What do the characters mean? The first two (if indeed they are two and not just a single large one) look to be associated with Akagi and then one for each of the others. At first I thought they were their colors, but Google seems to indicate this is not the case.

Three: (longshot here) Does anyone know the font?

I do have a reason for asking beyond idle curiosity. I'm thinking of getting them 3D printed for display backdrops for my figures.

Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: Akibaranger OP Question...

Post by Lunagel »

Characters are 秋葉原, Akihabara. Looks to be maybe MS Mincho? Some kind of default font, if you c/p the characters into anything with asian font support you should be able to come up with a decent facsimile.
Thessair
There are five lights!
There are five lights!
Quote: This is a quote. Yes, indeed.

Re: Akibaranger OP Question...

Post by Thessair »

Lunagel wrote:Characters are 秋葉原, Akihabara. Looks to be maybe MS Mincho? Some kind of default font, if you c/p the characters into anything with asian font support you should be able to come up with a decent facsimile.
Amazing! Thanks for the reply! I very, very much appreciate it!

Return to “Hikounin Sentai AkibaRanger”