Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Wizard 22 released

Post by takenoko »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Kamen_Rider_Wizard_22

It was mostly set up for the warehouse battle, but we got to see a little bit of the Phantom politics.

I kind of like Sora. He's an element of unpredictability, and he's kind of fun. Hello!

Glad to see Kizaki again.

Seriously, do Phantoms not know how to use cellphones? If Phoenix wanted to fight Wizard, answering that phone would probably help.

Seeing Medusa get seriously was pretty nice.

Warehouse battle was excellent. While the story in Wizard is fairly middle of the road, the fights are always consistently top-notch.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Re: KR Wizard 22 released

Post by Phoenix512 »

Sora is definitely interesting since I have no idea what's his goal is. He tells Haruto that he doesn't like being associated as a Phantom. Then he helps Phoenix and saying that he hates Wiseman's agenda and then goes tells Medusa that Phoenix is acting on his own. He's playing all sides for sure. I sort of want the sub to say "HAROOOO~" instead of "HELLLOOO~"

Medusa showing off her ability to turn people into stone was cool. I guess Phoenix was afraid of it at one point but he can shrugged it off like it's nothing.

I really like the forceful movement that Haruto used to activate the Driver. He was really pissed off at this point.

As for Shunpei, seriously dude not only you break the Drago Timer, you don't even question why Sora knows you're Haruto's assistant.
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

I don’t think I've been that surprised by the end of an episode because I got sucked into the fight since the finale of Decade. I was not expecting Phoenix to survive the episode, and he not only survived but pretty thoroughly trounced Wizard while doing it. I guess he didn’t use his new toy/weapon since Shunpei broke it at the beginning of the episode. (Speaking of which, how exactly was a wimpy guy like him able to break a magical artifact?)

Sora’s interesting. For one, the fact that he refers to everyone by their human names is an interesting quirk. I wonder if he'll be the one to reveal Wiseman's human name, assuming he has one. Also, Sora's “Hello” is endearing, since he does it with a playful energy that none of the other recurring Phantoms have displayed. I'm sure it'll be clear in hindsight, but even though it's likely he's acting according to some game/plan in his head, it doesn't make much sense to the audience yet. Something to look forward to in future episodes.
BeetBusterRen
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Minato Youko
Favorite Actor?: Ozawa Ryota
Favorite Band: On/Off
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Kamen Rider Drive
Quote: Let's~ Henshin~
Type: ISFP Composer

Post by BeetBusterRen »

Noticed that the name of the Sora actor wasn't in the wiki yet.

It's Takahisa Maeyama, unless my research fails me. :P

I hope Sora stick around for a few episode or become a new minor antagonist at least. He's a good character to easily love especially his little 'HELLO!'s.
Avatar made by this awesome pixiv artist ZeruZeru
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

???

"Sora / ? - played by Maeyama Takahisa "

The question mark is a placeholder for his unknown Phantom form.
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

I am not sure why. But all of this talk about Sora's "HARRO!" reminded me of "Hell-o! It's me! The Red Guy!".

Well at the very least both of them are trolls.
JonSilver
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by JonSilver »

Sora's first appearance still made me think of Shotaro, but his personality actually reminds me a bit of Enter. Plays around with the heroes a bit, hasn't fought (yet), and acts submissive to the other Phantoms, but you just know he's plotting something nasty.
toni2212
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Post by toni2212 »

Dengar wrote:I am not sure why. But all of this talk about Sora's "HARRO!" reminded me of "Hell-o! It's me! The Red Guy!".

Well at the very least both of them are trolls.
I don't get it.......

As for how Shunpei can break a magical item ( I dunno if that should be an 'artifact', Haruto made it last episode), is it foreshadowing that the Drago-Timer toys can break easily? Any ideas anyone?

Wizard already defeated Phoenix with 3 out of 4 upgrade, give it up Haruto, call Nitou and ask him to have his lunch with Phoenix. Somehow I really want Beast to hear about Phoenix's regenerative ability and shout out " It's lunchtime for life!". Would be really funny here. :lol:

I have to respect the producers for not forgetting the little details in the show. I thought they already forgot about Kizaki. But they show him with a role.
MajinBOO
It's not even funny
It's not even funny

Post by MajinBOO »

I don't get the splash screen. Is that Gekiyellow? Why she is there?
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

And we return to the adventures of Dragon Sentai Wizardranger (yeah, i'm not gonna let it go xD)

Yep, Shunpei truly was helpful in helping haruto become a sentai team, especially by getting possesed by the phantom and hating the gate.

Man, i feel like they are wasting Beast. he is just there, with no contribution to the plot. I mean, it would be fine if he had his own plot going on, sort of like gills in Agito. But so far, he hasn't do anything besides show up to fight and eat mayonaise.

Sora...doesn't that mean "Wind" or "sky" or something like that? if so, then we have phoenix (fire), Medusa (stone/ground), Sora (wind) and ???(water)
StereotypeAsian
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Ultraman Leo
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Takano Hassei
Favorite Band: Bon Jovi
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Toku in general
Quote: 热忱之心不可磨灭,体恤弱者,互相帮助,无论与哪国的人们都能成为朋友。不要丢掉那份感情,纵然这感情被背叛过几百回,这是我不变的愿望

Post by StereotypeAsian »

Well damn, dissension among enemy ranks.

Now that you think about it, if Medusa can't deal with Phoenix and Haruto can't kill him for good, maybe letting Nito eat Phoenix is the best way to deal with him.
But of course, they'll probably showcase All Dragon Form to deal with him.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Kosuke doing absolutely nothing in this episode makes me think it is a set up so he can save Wizard from Phoenix. Also, would absorbing his mana prevent him from regenerating?
ReversedSentai
T-N Hakase

Post by ReversedSentai »

MajinBOO wrote:I don't get the splash screen. Is that Gekiyellow? Why she is there?
What? I'm seeing Haruto, Koyomi, Shunpei and Rinko. Where do you see GekiYellow?
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

He's probably thinking Koyomi is GekiYellow from the splash.
Kamen Hunter
Complacent masses
Complacent masses

Post by Kamen Hunter »

If wizard can't beat Phoenix with 4 upgrades and Medusa's petrification ability can't keep him down then how are people expecting Nitou to do any damage?

Also anyone finds it funny Haruto has a freak out moment whenever fighting Phoenix. Like in this episode Haruto tries to grad Phoenix's sword out of pure desperation. It's a nice contrast to Haruto's usual confident, in control fighting style.

Return to “Kamen Rider Wizard”