Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Re: KR Wizard 47 released

Post by dancercotillion »

The western-optics of casting a black guy as the lazy Phantom was just too much :lol:
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

they did say that phantoms are the opposite of the humans they possess, so maybe the black guy was nothing like the phantom?
Skull Rider
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Other rider series
Favorite Band: Maximum The Hormone
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider
Quote: Funya~

Post by Skull Rider »

Well, like everyone else says, we all already knew Wiseman is Fueki and this episode is a solid proof.

I'm not going to point out about the truth, but what I don't like, isn't that you don't give in into despair and suppressing the Phantom inside you than you shall attain the ability to become a Mage.

That's what the White Mage told Haruto and Haruto says the same on how he's the final hope and able to use magic. And somehow, Fueki is the contradiction of this facts. He is a Phantom, and a Mage himself.

Perhaps he is already a Mage that corrupted and fall despair when Koyomi died. Who knows. Hope they will reveal this before the series end.
Completed : V3, Amazon, Black, Black RX, ZX, Shin, J, ZO, Kuuga, Agito, Ryuki, Faiz, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard, Gaim, Drive, Ghost, Ex-Aid
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

I don't think it's that complicated. His daughter died, then he went into despair and died. Then his memories and human heart lived on in the phantom Wiseman. After that he somehow invented the WizarDriver. Or maybe he already did have it but didn't know how to make it work until he became a phantom himself.
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

All the catching up on shows from being missing for three years!!

Virgo/Emoto/Tachibana was done well since it was the first time they did something of that sort. Problem is, since it happened at the end of the series and we were introduced to Wiseman/White Mage at the start of this series people still had that twist fresh in their memory. I'm pretty sure every single topic since Wiseman has been introduced had at least five of us saying something along the lines as Wiseman = White Mage. Mind you, if it wasn't for the fact Virgo was fresh in our heads this would have been a great twist.

Even though Wiseman/White Mage currently is the biggest threat. I'm thinking we will have one more twist where Sora does get what he wants however something goes wrong and he becomes some sort of super Gremlin. Maybe even call himself Gremlin mentioning how he gave up his human side instead.

However my biggest worry right now is that White Wizard with the stone will cause the show to reset a la Ryuki... However with Koyomi, Fueki, and all the people Fueki hurt while trying to save Koyomi alive. Since I'm getting major Shiro and Yui Kanzaki vibe here.
Karoum
7X

Post by Karoum »

My guess fo the end of Wizard is that Fueki is really evil and wants to use his daughter in order to regain his own humanity, destroying her in the process.
DekaBreak
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Dreamy: Sumi Tomomi Jiena
Favorite Actor?: Sumi Tomomi Jiena
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Japanese Language
Quote: If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by DekaBreak »

Actually my big question would be WHY did Sora give Koyomi the Land Dragon Stone? And my guess is that Mayu is the Land Mage. Haruto's base form is Flame. That means Masahiro will be a Green Hurricane Wizard. I guess Fueki will sacrifice them to revive Koyomi. If you recall the first few Wizard Promos when Fourze was on, there was a line in it where Koyomi says, "The only one who can save Haruto... is me." Possibly Haruto and the other mages will be put at risk or sacrificed for Koyomi, but she'll pull a Kanzaki Yui and create the Stone, sacrificing herself to end it all. The Infinity-like case will create a ring out of the Stone to save them all. Khimaira will eat the excess magic and free Kousuke. Haruto will sacrifice the ring and use All Dragon in Fueki's Underworld to save him from despair.
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

^Sora wasn't a regular phantom. He had his own agenda that was different from Wiseman's. Making Wizard stronger was both interesting and useful.
MadCow
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: W
Dreamy: Watanabe Natsuna
Favorite Actor?: Takeru Satoh
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: miraculous
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by MadCow »

Wow, I miss an episode for a couple of days and all this happens during that one episode. I really felt pity for Medusa, her actress really did a good job at being betrayed. While we now know most of the plot already, I am wondering how the endgame will actually play out. Usually Kamen Rider endings have large scale end-of-the-world scenarios, is Fueki planning on a worldwide-scale Sabbath to save Koyomi here?

If that's not it, then the only other possible option is Gremlin figuring out something very nasty with the philosopher's stone. Either way, I expect him to throw a wrench into Fueki's well-laid plans before he expires.
archer9234
Faiz
Favorite series: Hurricanger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Hurricane Blue
Favorite Actor?: Patrick Stewert
Favorite Band: Project R
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Hulk Universe
Quote: "Don't get us angry. You REALLY don't want to see us angry!" - Hulk & She-Hulk

Post by archer9234 »

The twist was way too obvious. I thought the writers goofed up on hiding it. Instead of giving us small bits here and there. Like Philip being a Sonozaki. You could see he was linked just by Clay Doll and Taboo's transform effects. Clay Doll has Luna's moon shape. Taboo has Heat's square round edges. Plus, the countless little things everywhere else. But Wiseman = White Mage was spoiled for me at episode 3. And when Haruto found the cave, auto confirmed. I'm surprised Haruto or Mayuu didn't freak out even more. Fueki caused everyone's death and problems. Just because he did something, or something killed his daughter. If I was White Mage, I'd be scared that all the Riders would just stop him.
qedins
Go Go!
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Blade
Favorite Actor?: Riisa Naka
Favorite Band: L'arc en Ciel
Quote: "Where's our eccentric?"
"I'm right here!"
"No. I mean sempai."
"Oh."

Post by qedins »

Female rider works. Thats what came to mind after I watched this episode.

I actually think she might become one of my favorite riders (if only her rider form looks better) because as mentioned before,
her character and backstory is really well-written and works well. When i see her henshin in this ep i literally got goosebumps
because of how awesome and elegant it is. I also loves how she can blends in naturally with the other two riders and doesn't
feel forced unlike other female riders.

Kudos to her actress (Erina Nakayama) for giving a really good performance on what I think is the best female rider
and dare i say, also as one the best female villain i've ever seen in a while in kamen riders

also, awkward ending is awkward
archer9234
Faiz
Favorite series: Hurricanger
Dreamy: Hurricane Blue
Favorite Actor?: Patrick Stewert
Favorite Band: Project R
My boom: Hulk Universe
Quote: "Don't get us angry. You REALLY don't want to see us angry!" - Hulk & She-Hulk

Post by archer9234 »

Mayu is easily the best because she has been the most used one, and has a story. The other ones have been used very limited in movies. Nadeshko's only trait is being weird, they die for no real reason most of the time (Fem), died because they where evil (Blade), gypped out of their powers (Faiz, Hibiki), alternate movie story, coming late to the party (kivala). She easily sets the quality bar. I do agree that the suit is junk. They probably had no extra money to spend on its manufacturing.
stalydan
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Dreamy: Tendou (Kabuto)
Favorite Band: Versailles
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: Now, count up your sins!

Post by stalydan »

archer9234 wrote:Mayu is easily the best because she has been the most used one, and has a story. The other ones have been used very limited in movies. Nadeshko's only trait is being weird, they die for no real reason most of the time (Fem), died because they where evil (Blade), gypped out of their powers (Faiz, Hibiki), alternate movie story, coming late to the party (kivala). She easily sets the quality bar. I do agree that the suit is junk. They probably had no extra money to spend on its manufacturing.
I agree with you for that. I was hoping for a female rider earlier in the series but I'm glad we at least got Mayu and not as a movie exclusive but for a good number of episodes. I was kind of sad when I noticed in Gaim promotional stuff that there was no female rider in the group they've shown.
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

Wait, what woman got "gypped" out of her powers in Faiz? And please don't use the word gypped, it's actually a racist remark about gypsies being thieves.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Mari, probably

Return to “Kamen Rider Wizard”