Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Kyouryuu 48 released

Post by takenoko »

http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Kyouryuuger_Brave_48

It's the finale! We've got our required assortment of death fake outs and force happy endings. Let's get started!

But first, it's pretty amazing that Torin and the other Spirit Rangers stayed dead. After Ucchi, they probably could have given them new bodies and stuff. But I think it's better that way, considering they also fake out Ucchi and King's death.

A skull lantern that guides you into the darkness of the land? Sounds very Dark Souls inspired.

Huh. Who's the guys about 20 minutes (after the Zourima disappear). I know the group is the suit actors.

Is that Sanjou Riku (writer of the show) standing in line at 23:23?

Feels like a fitting ending to the series. I'm not sure I buy the King x Amy thing, but it's alright. I don't hate it either. Glad Candelira and Luckyuro continue on. It's been a fun show all around.

Hey, if you recognize a guest, do point them out so that we can add it to our wiki article. Link at top.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Re: Kyouryuu 48 released

Post by Phoenix512 »

Before the suit actors, it was the five main VAs of the Deboss Army, then Torin, and the choreographer of the ending theme, Suzuki Papaya. It's a bit weird to have the choreographer to get an appearance but in this case, he definitely deserved it.

If anyone has seen Gurran Lagann up to episode 9, I just kept flashing back to it with Daigo and Amy.

It's funny that Deboss mentions there's someone out there who created him and just thought of the Presenter from Fourze. And maybe the Kyouryuugers will meet the Boukengers one day in space.

I sorta wish Canderlia would just be with Nossan not just secretly giving him handkerchiefs. Also I don't think it's the best idea to be in your monster form while in public.

I wouldn't mind Ucchii becoming a Spirit Ranger. We need more of them.

I really thought Killbolero would cheat death for a second time when he was defeated in the Spirit Base. And Chaos steals Torin's plan so he could defend Hell from Torin and the others.
Sauce
Yakiniku Wizard
Yakiniku Wizard
Favorite series: Dekaranger
2nd Favorite Series: Megaranger/Boukenger
Dreamy: all da lady
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Sentai
Quote: "Super Hungry, Gyudon Changer!"
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by Sauce »

Really expected Utsusemimaru to die and become a Spirit Ranger at the end, but I guess if they want to just have him wake up mid-song and not die that's cool too. Interesting that Torin stayed dead with the Spirit Rangers though, I kind of thought the implication before was that he was flying up out of hell and back to life.

Not going to complain about the romance specifically again, but I do think it's a little backwards that the whole thing is so centered on King and that there's no roll call or actual, you know, sentai team bits. Half of them don't even transform in this one and that sort of bothers me. I'm sure it's not so bad if you were to marathon the last three or four episodes and watch them all together but this alone felt weird to wait a week for.

Seeing Yuuko and Gentle together made me imagine Gentle as Kyouryuu Gray. I think it would have been interesting if they somehow had taken that angle and ran with it. Just an interesting thing to think about.

Candelira really stole the show for me this time. I've been waiting for her to do something outright good for a while and I was a little surprised it turned out to be actually fighting and defeating Chaos. Her appearance at the end was a nice and ambiguous closeout for her thing with Nobuharu, and I really liked that too.

I've been complaining a lot the last month or so but I'm gonna miss Kyou, it's been fun. There's still the V Cinema and the Vs to look forward to, though, and they'll be back next year right around now as well.
Spoiler
Handoff was pretty funny. People are gonna hate the color switch thing though, I just know it.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I also think it's funny that it took one day to go into space, but it took several days for Daigo to make it back to Earth. I mean, even if they had just had it as "the next day", that would have been fine.

Methods for extinction: Meteors, ice, disease... and music.

I like the idea that there's someone behind Deboss. It makes sense that this million year long battle doesn't just end by defeating one guy.
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

It probably took longer for Daigo to head back to Earth since the ZyuDenRyuu probably had to recharge after the explosion. I really wanted someone to smack Daigo for that smug look on his face.

I really wish they could've integrated Luckyuro's convenient item into the story better.

Overall the show was fun with an interesting cast of characters. I still don't like the ending credits dance but I appreciated all the different people that ended up making guest appearances in them.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

I still want a definitive answer for what gender Luckyuro is.
Sauce
Yakiniku Wizard
Yakiniku Wizard

Post by Sauce »

Lunagel wrote:I still want a definitive answer for what gender Luckyuro is.
You know I hadn't given it a whole lot of thought because I've kept telling myself male just because the subs said so, but turning into a woman in one episode as a human disguise (even if it was a voice actor cameo) might be proof to the contrary.

There was some sort of promotion where they offered Luckyuro's hat as a prize to kids though at some point that gave me the impression Luckyuro was a boy, since I assume the target demo is mostly boys.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Luckyuro says boku, so he's male.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

See, that's my argument as well but I've heard girls use boku and even ore recently.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

From Luckyrou's antics and mannerisms, I say boy. I just don't see a girl doing those same things in a rather joyful manner that Luckyrou does.
DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Alignment: Neutral Good
Instagram: DaVinci030

Post by DaVinci030 »

Seriously, this show's plot is too good... literally. And Daigo (after the explosion and the defeat of Deboss) ends up hugging with Amy (3 or 4 times already?).

By the way, I can't stand hearing of Amy shout "KING!" with that.
takenoko wrote:Luckyuro says boku, so he's male.
For me, I'm not sure if Luckyuro does doing a boy attitude like that.

Spoiler
That hand-off was very funny. TOQ 1gou turns into pink? He's just kidding. haha

Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

The guest appearances of the voice actors of the 5 main Deboss, then Torin, then all the suit actors made my day

I actually feel the previous episodes leading to this are more epic. This episode is too focus on King and Amy, the others barely did anything.
And not enough of Dantetsu, Yuuko and Shinya fighting either. But I guess they just don't have the time for everything

At first I thought did Killbolero just died like that? But then he came back, which is cool. But how did he get inside Spirit Base when it's inside Bragigas?

After everyone kills themselves in order to get into Hell, it's kind of anti-climatic for Candelira and Luckyuro to just stroll in with the lantern. At least the lantern was used in ep 36 for Chaos and Luckyuro to go into Hell also, so its not a deus ex machina.

No Torin vs Chaos showdown, I'm disappointed.

I'm surprised that Ucchii is revived just like that, and I'm surprised that Torin, Tessai and Ramirez stayed dead. When King said "we are a sentai and we die together or we don't die at all" I thought, but those three just died?

No full rollcall, but that's fine. Because I like the original 10 and didn't really want to see them replaced.

I guess the problem with this ep is that it just doesn't have enough time to tell everythin.

Overall, this has been an epic ride. At the start I hated the samba and the lightheartedness, but somewhere alone the line it just grew on me and I've been enjoying it a lot. Kyouryuugers will be greatly missed.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Well Tessai and Ramirez have been dead for centuries so they don't really count. Also Torin already got his "Everyone gets one" resurrection so getting another one would be very cheap at this point.
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

Not a perfect ending, but pretty strong. I don’t have a problem with developing the Amy and King relationship, but I do feel like it overshadowed the other characters and their motivations for fighting. Maybe people found the group sing-along to be a little (or a lot) hokey, but I loved it. It was a way to involve the rest of the team (including Yayoi, yay) since they were grounded on Earth while Deboss was in space.

Nossan’s crying face was so painful to look at. It’s amazing how much emotion his actor was able to pack into that single expression when he looks up from Ucchii’s body.

When Deboss said he did this all for his creator, I groaned. I couldn’t believe that they pulled the “there’s someone more powerful than me” card out in the last few minutes of the series. I’m sure it was just trying to set up the V-cinema and/or next year’s VS movie, but I think I prefer Phoenix’s suggestion of blaming the Presenter(s) instead.

Awesome to see the voice actors and suit actors get their moment in the sun, both in cameo and the ending theme dance. Having pretty much everyone get included in the dance really ended the show on a happy high note.

Miscellaneous Thoughts:
-Why was Chaos surprised that Candelira and Luckyuro could enter the darkness in the land while alive? All of the Chevaliers and Chaos went down there during the summer when they were trying to release the defeated Debo Monsters.
-I think Amy's acting skills matured rather nicely over the course of the series, but that "King!" after the explosion was so drawn out it was painful.
-I had a nice laugh that Souji’s reaction to King announcing wanting to fight evil guys in space is to tell him (very politely) to shut up.
Sauce
Yakiniku Wizard
Yakiniku Wizard

Post by Sauce »

PHurricane wrote:-Why was Chaos surprised that Candelira and Luckyuro could enter the darkness in the land while alive? All of the Chevaliers and Chaos went down there during the summer when they were trying to release the defeated Debo Monsters.
Chaos is a big dumb goofy ham, duh

Return to “ZyuDen Sentai Kyouryuuger”