Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Re: KR Gaim 42 released

Post by dancercotillion »

Lying by omission is, by definition, lying. If I leave out a very pertinent piece of information, knowing that someone else's choices will be different if they knew all the information, I'm manipulating them with a falsehood; that's lying. I have purposely mislead that person, whether I did so with totally false information or by simply omitting information.

Then there's Captain Kirk. "This statement is a lie." *computer explodes*
TokuCasual
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by TokuCasual »

Fat D wrote:EVOLUTION DOES NOT WORK THAT WAY.
This is fiction. With mystical and magic. :lol:
Fat D
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva
Type: INTP Architect

Post by Fat D »

dancercotillion wrote:Lying by omission is, by definition, lying. If I leave out a very pertinent piece of information, knowing that someone else's choices will be different if they knew all the information, I'm manipulating them with a falsehood; that's lying. I have purposely mislead that person, whether I did so with totally false information or by simply omitting information.

Then there's Captain Kirk. "This statement is a lie." *computer explodes*
I just checked up on formal definitions of lie, and it appears most sources I sampled (Webster and Wikipedia do, OED does not) agree with your definition. OED requires the statement to be intentionally false, not its perception.

Still, there is a difference between misleading with incomplete truths and disseminating outright fabrication. Granted, I have more conscience than the power-junkie in question, but I find it a lot more difficult to simulate than to dissimulate.
AxemYellow
I'm a ghost... wooo~
I'm a ghost... wooo~
Favorite series: Gekiranger, Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger, OOO
Dreamy: Katou Yakumo
Favorite Actor?: Mizushima Hiro
Alignment: Neutral
Type: INTP Architect

Post by AxemYellow »

Good episode. I like the revelation about Sagara. Though, did he actually say Helheim originally came from Earth? What are the implications of that?

The alternate Mai we've seen could be future Mai or it could be the original First Woman?

Honestly I must be missing something about Mai, because I don't see her character as all that compelling.

I don't like the sexist way the story has gone with the gender roles involving the golden apple.
MadCow
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: W
Dreamy: Watanabe Natsuna
Favorite Actor?: Takeru Satoh
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: miraculous
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by MadCow »

Is it just me, or does anyone else think that Sagara accidentally revealed the third option of saving the world? Kill Sagara, destroy the fruit. No more Helheim infestation (assuming what he said is correct that he is Helheim), and no more fruit for everyone to fight over.

Of course, the "how to kill Sagara" part is gonna be the issue if that's the case.
kyoichikiller90
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: KR Agito/Kabuto
Dreamy: Akiyama Nana
Favorite Actor?: Hongo Kanata
Favorite Band: Maroon 5
Alignment: Neutral Evil
My boom: ONORE DECADE
Quote: Ore wa hitori dake jubun da. Dare mou tomete nai, dare mou jama wa saseru nai. Sa... Omae-tachi kakatte koi yo.
Type: ESTP Promoter

Post by kyoichikiller90 »

Well everyone knows that First Woman was Mai from future from the beginning
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

You can't really kill Sagara. He's doesn't exist as a physical being. He's just an avatar.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

I wonder why no one thought about this in the beginning. Couldn't they just burn Helheim? lul
chcoman123
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Double
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Vidya Gams
Quote: Saa, omae no tsumi o kazoero! - Kamen Rider Double

Post by chcoman123 »

OOOKaiser wrote:I wonder why no one thought about this in the beginning. Couldn't they just burn Helheim? lul
Nah. You remember how Takatora said in episode 20 that Earth had a limited amount of time before Helheim invaded? Not just that, but also, since the cracks lead to where the Overlords lived, the show implicates that the cracks lead to a different planet. Do you know how long it would take, or how many people they would need to do this? And then there would've been the Overlords to deal with. They couldn't just simply burn it. It would dangerous and impractical.
ChibiZyuJin
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Alignment: Neutral
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by ChibiZyuJin »

chcoman123 wrote:
OOOKaiser wrote:I wonder why no one thought about this in the beginning. Couldn't they just burn Helheim? lul
Nah. You remember how Takatora said in episode 20 that Earth had a limited amount of time before Helheim invaded? Not just that, but also, since the cracks lead to where the Overlords lived, the show implicates that the cracks lead to a different planet. Do you know how long it would take, or how many people they would need to do this? And then there would've been the Overlords to deal with. They couldn't just simply burn it. It would dangerous and impractical.
I agree... and you have to consider, the forest can regenerate with an amazing speed. You may not be able to keep up.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

ONORE SAGARA! OR HELHEIM! OR WHATEVER UR NAME IS
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

He's just a passing-through sentient forest.
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

Lol at Ryouma appearing out of nowhere at the heroes' home base to check up on Mai. This doesn't happen in real life. Glad to know that Sagara is Hellheim itself. Makes sense as to why he seems to be a spirit and doesn't to have a physical form. Micchi's new form looked pretty cool as well. So that means he has had three forms in this show. Not bad.
TokuCasual
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by TokuCasual »

It's not too far out that Ryouma appeared at the 'heroes' home, since he followed Micchi.

However, if you are referring to him appearing in the room out of nowhere without opening the door, that's another thing.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

dancercotillion wrote:He's just a passing-through sentient forest.
I'll remember that.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT

Return to “Kamen Rider Gaim”