Series complete!

Also, bizarre link
Toku Tenshi
Adventure
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Re: PPGZ 52 released

Post by Toku Tenshi »

*claps*
yeah! A good ending, I think. I really liked that song they played at the end.

also... now I want to try and make those soul calibur 3 characters! >_<
Battra
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultra Seven
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Tiga
Dreamy: Sakura Nishihori
Favorite Band: Akira Ifukube
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Ultra Seven

Post by Battra »

A excellent ending to a very good series, I throughly enjoyed it. I cried when it was reviled the girls and Peach would have to sacrifice their powers in order to stop Him, but in the end everything worked out and the girls and Peach got to keep their powers as well as the monsters. My only criticism is the Fight between the Girls and Him, it just didn't feel epic like a final climatic battle should be, but I guess were limited to what we can do in a half hour episode. Also got a nice chuckle out of pan sequence at the end showing everyone in Tokyo cheering the Powerpuff Girls except for Himeko who was frowning like usual. Sad to see the series end but PPGZ is DONE!
Defeat the Great Fire-Breathing Monster... use your Ultra Beam and... STRIKE!
umrain

Post by umrain »

Hahaha, the old ice down the back of the shirt trick. That brings back memories (minus the electrodes, of course).

The whole Peach thing was so sad that it completely overwhelmed me caring at all about the Girls losing their powers. I think I even got sad before they actually mentioned Peach because you could see it coming.

But, of course everything is back to status quo at the end. For a series like this you really can't complain about that though (although the "can't be explained by science" was a bit of a cop-out). Even Him, probably not gone for good. I imagine all it would take was for Him's lifeless doll-like body to get a hold of some of the black light energy that is conveniently still on Earth with Sakurako and Himeko. (Heck, even if all the dark energy had been properly sealed into space it seems there are still plenty of aliens flying about in this series that could bump into it and accidentally bring about his ressurection.) Of course in the absence of a follow-up series I suppose it's all moot speculation. (and in any case the real loose end is how will the mayor manage to get re-elected after the inevtiable sekuhara lawsuit scandal)

That said, a quite good ending to this great series and also the song at the end got me kind of hyped up to listen to the soundtrack again.

Thanks for subbing this, T-N!
Top Kirby
I am not a number. I am an individual!
I am not a number. I am an individual!

Post by Top Kirby »

This was such a FUNNY & Incredible & lovable series. Momoko AKA Hyper Blossom is my ULTIMATE fav. XD

Return to “Powerpuff Girls Z”