Ultraman Ginga 05 released

Ultraman Galaxy?
Forum rules
Wiki Link
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Ultraman Ginga 05 released

Post by Yaiba »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Ultraman_Ginga_05

So here we are, the second-to-last episode of the first half of the series.

Last episode's preview confused the hell out of me about Jean-Killer's pilot. Here once again, evil is targeting Hikaru's friends. We're also tapping into the back story of the final main character - Ichijouji Tomoya. What does he want? What is he after?

Oh, Hikaru... don't you know that when you're talking about something secretive, the one you wish to keep the secret from is always standing behind.

It's kind of scary what Kenta want to do while under the influence of the spark of darkness.

And a dark hero appears after an epic fight, leading into next episode's climax!

Fun fact:

Because our translator zeta made a comment "wth" to Alien Valkie saying "It's magic!" when Kemurloid made himself disappeared, we went and googled the phrase for fun, and found something interesting.

In another show also produced by Tsuburaya Productions, the Superhuman Samurai Syber-Squad (the American adaption of Denkou Choujin Gridman). In episode 46, the episode title is also "It's Magic", and it's about some magic act of disappearing into syberspace using a curtain.

With this and the reference to Emergency Directive 10-4・10-10 in episode 3, it seems that this show's not only paying tribute to past Ultraman shows, but it also tries to reference some other shows produced by Tsuburaya Productions as well.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: Ultraman Ginga 05 released

Post by Catastrophe »

And Kenta doesn't even end up changing. Hikaru gets his ass handed to him again.

And Dark Taiga is around to ruin everyones day.
StereotypeAsian
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Ultraman Leo
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Takano Hassei
Favorite Band: Bon Jovi
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Toku in general
Quote: 热忱之心不可磨灭,体恤弱者,互相帮助,无论与哪国的人们都能成为朋友。不要丢掉那份感情,纵然这感情被背叛过几百回,这是我不变的愿望

Post by StereotypeAsian »

Glad to see Dark Tiga suit again. They used it in exactly one movie and a total of less than 20 minutes before ditching it again. And still showed no other power of Tiga Dark than a few beam spams.

Spoiler
Well, at least the word is Hikaru will be able to use the Tiga doll and fight Tyrant later
kyoichikiller90
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: KR Agito/Kabuto
Dreamy: Akiyama Nana
Favorite Actor?: Hongo Kanata
Favorite Band: Maroon 5
Alignment: Neutral Evil
My boom: ONORE DECADE
Quote: Ore wa hitori dake jubun da. Dare mou tomete nai, dare mou jama wa saseru nai. Sa... Omae-tachi kakatte koi yo.
Type: ESTP Promoter

Post by kyoichikiller90 »

I Wonder why Hikaru never change his outfit since episode 1 until now. Is this series really run with low budget? But JeanKiller sure kind of cool prespective Mecha Robot ally in this series.
gh0stwrit3r
Kamen Knight
My boom: Grounded

Post by gh0stwrit3r »

Is he ever going to be able to transform into other ultras eventually? or will they veto that specific power in lieu of team-ups instead?
StereotypeAsian
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Ultraman Leo
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Takano Hassei
Favorite Band: Bon Jovi
My boom: Toku in general
Quote: 热忱之心不可磨灭,体恤弱者,互相帮助,无论与哪国的人们都能成为朋友。不要丢掉那份感情,纵然这感情被背叛过几百回,这是我不变的愿望

Post by StereotypeAsian »

Oh, I finally got it. Ginga Slash looks like Gaia's Photon Edge and Agul's Photon Crusher.
DekaBreak
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Dreamy: Sumi Tomomi Jiena
Favorite Actor?: Sumi Tomomi Jiena
My boom: Japanese Language
Quote: If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by DekaBreak »

The first few press releases talked about Ginga commemorating the 50th Ultra Anniversary, sounding absolutely silly since this is the 47th Ultra Anniversary. But then it began to make sense since Zero, first debuting in 2009, was kept in the limelight for three to four years, before Ginga came along. I guess we'll see more of Ginga until 2016, and then he'll have all the Ultra capabilities. Ginga is supposed to be the Gokaiger/Decade of Ultraman, so yes, he'll become other Ultras.

One thing that I've noticed is that Ginga himself doesn't seem to have a consciousness like all the other Ultras. Ultras can also survive longer than 3 minutes in space, the limit is only imposed on Eatrth, but Ginga can't seem to survive longer than 3 minutes in space. There isn't even a record of him (like Gosei Knight) My guess is that he's just a "collection" of the powers of all the other Ultras, kept as a line of defense should they all be defeated someday. Hikaru being human, with no Ultra links, is probably going to become the first earth-born HUMAN Ultra (Gaia and Agul are from Earth, but are not human, they merged with humas) who will 'become' Ginga in time for the 50th anniversary.

On to the episode, the Hikaru-Kenta clashes are pretty Gentarou-ish, but not to the same level since these people have been friends before. Have you been taking inspiration from Toei, Tsuburaya? Or is there an alliance between the two (Think Ultraman vs Kamen Rider in 1993), since Baltan showed up in Otsu? Ginga action seems to be pretty mediocre, just a bit better than the overseas-produced Great and Powered (the most underfunded Ultra series EVER) from Australia and USA respectively. Is his suit THAT fragile because of his shiny crystal plates?
AxemYellow
I'm a ghost... wooo~
I'm a ghost... wooo~
Favorite series: Gekiranger, Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger, OOO
Dreamy: Katou Yakumo
Favorite Actor?: Mizushima Hiro
Alignment: Neutral
Type: INTP Architect

Post by AxemYellow »

It seems like once they introduced the time limit on Ginga, suddenly we have much less time.

We seem to be building to a climax already. But what the mysterious villain is after is really unclear. At this point is he just trying to destroy Ginga?
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

DekaBreak wrote:The first few press releases talked about Ginga commemorating the 50th Ultra Anniversary, sounding absolutely silly since this is the 47th Ultra Anniversary.
I believe Ultraman Ginga is the 50th anniversary of Tsuburaya Productions, not the Ultraman series

Return to “Ultraman Ginga”