Toqger Returns Released

Den-O reincarnated! Den-O will never die!
Forum rules

Wiki Link

< Kyouryuuger | Toqger | Ninninger >

Current Spoiler Policy: Rumors and basic info about upcoming show okay. Further plot development like extra rangers not okay.
dualvision1984
7X
Favorite series: MagiRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O
Dreamy: Luka Millfy
Favorite Band: JAM Project
Quote: The meaning of the journey lies within the journey itself - Eijiro Hikari, Kamen Rider Decade
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Re: Toqger Returns Released

Post by dualvision1984 »

One of the best Sentai movies ever. I love the story of this movie as well as the idea of the adult Toqger going back to the past. Hands down on this one... I could say to Arakawa Fumie san is "Otsukaresama deshita".
Monkeyjb1988
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Quote: Time is the fire in which we burn.

Post by Monkeyjb1988 »

RE: Arakawa Fumie's directorial debut: That's pretty cool a woman finally gets to direct and double awesome that it's someone busting their hump since Gaoranger. I haven't seen the movie yet, but the synopsis and clips I have seen look promising :)
Eternal_Winterbane
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Go-Busters
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Eternal_Winterbane »

This along with the KR Drive x Gaim film has risen my hopes for future films of equal awesomeness. While I was watching it I realized that for all my personal complaints about Right as a leader, after watching Ninninja Right's leadership is a hell of a lot better, plus it made me want to watch Toqger again after I finish Magiranger
Uzur9
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaimu
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokai
Favorite Band: J-rock/pop + Dubstep
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by Uzur9 »

(Like the others have said) This was really good. Almost had me crying afew times.
Kamen Rider left to finish:
Reiwa: Geats, Gotchard

Super Sentai left to finish:
Shōwa: Denjiman, Goggle V, Dynaman, Changeman

Heisei: Complete.

Reiwa: Zenkaiger, High School Heroes, Donbrothers & King-Ohger
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

That graduation scene was really extremely well done. I also love how they basically pulled every single trope at the end. Especially the one where if the Sentai is in a pinch and an extra hero shows up they will win. Well. 6 shows up, 7 shows sup, the other versions of 1-5 shows up. Let's just roll the credits that's how dead the badguy is already. I'm sad they didn't give 7 a cool transformation sequence, nor showed him turn super. I love how his train is supposedly the same as 6's but purple. Wonder if they will release it as a side color variant for Chou Chou.
Sinkuu
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Quote: Let's make it Showy!

Post by Sinkuu »

oh, thank god, I thought you guys weren't gonna do this, it wasn't listed in your release schedule. I've been hoping you were working on this.
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Kuchiri »

You didn't think they were going to release a Sentai or Kamen Rider movie... Something that they have been doing for a little over a decade.
Sinkuu
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Quote: Let's make it Showy!

Post by Sinkuu »

like I said, I wasn't sure, it wasn't on the schedule. I know these guys do amazing work, I agree it didn't make sense they wouldn't, but when I couldn't find any evidence that they said they were, I just decided to wait and see.
mholden020
Gabu
Favorite series: Garo
Favorite Band: Avenged Sevenfold
Quote: "Never think that success is down to your own performance alone. If you start listening only to yourself you take the first step back towards the bottom. The flowers of victory belong in many vases."
-Michael Schumacher
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by mholden020 »

:( :( :( :( :(

I really miss the Toqgers...that was a great movie and I'd have to agree with everyone that it was easily one of, if not the, best of the Sentai movies. I don't think this could have come at a worse time though, right as I was starting to see a ray of hope for Ninninger....

The final henshin sequence was awesome and I had a good laugh when Conductor came bounding into the frame. I thought it was great how they managed to slip in Akira's "my place to die" during the sequence, not to mention Right doing the Kamen Rider Ichigo henshin pose earlier in the movie.

Something I wish they'd do with the Sentai movies more often is use the suit actors in out-of-suit on-screen roles. In the KR series, we see Seiji Takaiwa in extra roles constantly (usually getting beat up) as well as Makoto Ito and Yoshifumi Oshikawa as actual "riders" in Hibiki, and there was that one scene in Toqger where the characters fought their respective suit actors. Yoshifumi did a pretty good job as the school teacher, I'd like to see the others make appearances like that as well during the movies, where they seem to be playing with some more relaxed restrictions.

I was wondering, like has been mentioned, who the "smaller" suit actors were. My guess is that it could be the actual character actors, since they are only slightly smaller than the suit actors in the wide shots, not the small children. There's a sequence in the final battle where the five characters are stood next to TOQ 1's suit actor, and they're a bit smaller than he is. With some clever camera work, you could make them appear even smaller. The only problem is Tokacchi's actor, who is much taller. Just a guess.

Also, I want to send out thanks to everyone who does all the translation work for us simple folks. I can't imagine how much work goes into doing an entire series, so thanks to all of you.

Lastly, I think Takenoko needs a shout-out for pointing out why I (and a lot of us) liked this series so much. I spent the majority of the movie saying to myself "Why do I find this entertaining, but not Ninninger?", and the first post in this topic explains why. I had some hopes towards the end of the movie that it would end with a bit of a cliffhanger, but it kind of wrapped it all up, so I'm assuming that was the last we'll see of the Toqgers by themselves. :(
Completed Series:
-Kamen Rider: Agito, Ryuki, 555, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, Fourze, OOO, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
-Sentai: Jetman, Dairanger, Deka --> Zyuohger
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

It sounds like I'm in the minority here, but I didn't really care for this movie. The ToQgers felt like a cameo in their own movie. The bulk of the focus was on the ToQbrats, and while they are the same character, they aren't the same actors. Kids' acting is always a bit janky, and the kids weren't the focus of the series, the adults were. Also, as has already been pointed out, this creates obvious stunt fighting problems since even Toei's smallest and leanest stunties are still bigger than children. It's just too hard of an illusion to sell.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

We don't have a release schedule, what are you talking about?
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Kuchiri »

takenoko wrote:We don't have a release schedule, what are you talking about?
Sure you do. It looks like this.

"Does it have 'Sentai', 'Kamen Rider', or 'Garo' in the title? Yes. Is it Licensed? No. Good it'll be out when the translators get around to it."
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Heh. I still wonder what Sinkuu is talking about though.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

He's talking about the upcoming movie release date global thread. That's not really a release schedule for us, just a general info thread for people to know when such movie is coming out in Japan.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

People should just read the wiki page for it, it's more accurate and up to date:
http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Toku_Disc_Release_List

Return to “Ressha Sentai Toqger”