Ratings Poll: Kamen Rider Drive

I'm a fine-tuned supersonic speed machine
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Drive Wiki Link

< Gaim | Drive | Ghost >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

How do you find Drive?

***** Luxury Drive
23%
**** Let's go for a Drive
39%
*** Cruise control
29%
** Stop, then go
4%
* Stop, don't go
5%

Total votes: 97
miryoku
Adventure
Quote: Blacking tosh.
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Re: Ratings Poll: Kamen Rider Drive

Post by miryoku »

I was going to give it a 2/5 then i remembered that it hasn't reached the levels of Wizard of bad so i give it 3/5.
Where in the first part it didn't know where to go, this second half feels like they put too many abrupt developments.
Other thing is Go, I can't stand that guy, it would have been better if he was a bad guy from the beginning, he's so annoying.
kyoichikiller90
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: KR Agito/Kabuto
Dreamy: Akiyama Nana
Favorite Actor?: Hongo Kanata
Favorite Band: Maroon 5
Alignment: Neutral Evil
My boom: ONORE DECADE
Quote: Ore wa hitori dake jubun da. Dare mou tomete nai, dare mou jama wa saseru nai. Sa... Omae-tachi kakatte koi yo.
Type: ESTP Promoter

Post by kyoichikiller90 »

Just because they got monsters of 2weeks doesn't means the story goes the same . Drive was almost Agito. While he fought the monsters of the weeks 2-3 and save some character development or what happens on last event still continued or leave it on cliffhanger.

My rate is 4*.. If the storyline to slow compared to Gaim, Gaim was too many things happened per episodes and story went so well as well as characters.

I'll say Tomari character was good development and so Kiriko and Chase.. I still don't like Go twisted character. On first 2 episodes of his debut he was kind of cool. But day by day im getting annoyed. Its like his acting kinda off bit to me. But now since Chaser debut comeback as Kamen Rider, Go character was improved ... Lets just hope the momentum of the plots doesn't let us down...
Bomyne
Go Go!
Favorite series: Zi-O
2nd Favorite Series: Drive
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Kamen Rider Zi-O
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Bomyne »

15 out of 5. Yes, it is that good that it overloads the rating system.

The only thing that annoys me is the lack of unique power ups for Mach. I mean, Dead Heat is shared between Drive and Mach.

Go's personality is more confusing than annoying.,, But it looks like that'll be explained in 28 (based on the preview and the final few minutes of 27).

I also noted someone compared Drive to Go-Busters. The fandom's dislike of Go-Busters has always confused me. I mean, the show deserves a 10 out of 10.

But back to Drive. I want to see an unique super form for Mach, and Go's weirdness explained.

EDIT: W was great, no doubt. But OOO was better, Fourze was better, Wizard was even better than that. Every single season just gets better and better.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Iiiiii think most people would disagree with you about Wizard
Bomyne
Go Go!
Favorite series: Zi-O
2nd Favorite Series: Drive
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Kamen Rider Zi-O

Post by Bomyne »

Lunagel wrote:Iiiiii think most people would disagree with you about Wizard
Other people's opinion doesn't particularly interest me. Kamen Rider Wizard was amazing, though it had a disappointing ending... but Gaim also had a disappointing ending.

OOO is the last KR that ended the way it should have. A big battle against the primary bad guy, that didn't end in his surrender (Fourze), assassination (Wizard), or in a movie character returning for revenge after the big battle (Gaim).

But - like i told the Mass Effect whiners - a disappointing ending isn't going to stop me loving the show. W set a very high standard when it came to KR awesomeness... and every KR after it has been even more amazing than the one before. That includes Wizard (Infinity. Please) and Drive (Drive! Type Formula!)

Spoiler
Rumor has it that formula isn't his final form. If true, the second half of Drive is set to be even more amazing than the first.
toni2212
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Post by toni2212 »

I'm giving it a 4. 3.5 to be precise. It certainly seems to suffer a bit being Gaim's successor, plus returning to the two-parter mainly series is part of the problem I saw since the story doesn't quite have the pulling in factor. Thankfully, Drive doesn't have a 'Shunpei' character in it, Gen-san and the Chief is nearing into 'Shunpei'-type character. But credit to Sanjo, he managed to prevent that by adding a bit layer to both character, making Gen-san seemingly like a senior to Tomariand the Chief to be.....well exactly like how a Chief should be.

The mystery cases in Drive is ok though some really stuck in memory like the episodes that has BoukenPink/BoukenBlue's cameo, Kyu's Roidmude, and Rinna's ex-boyfriend. The series overall as of now is developing, and by the look of it, seems to be more exciting. With Drive's identity revealed to the world ala Tony Stark, Go's conflict with Chase despite Chase being his own sister's savior, and the Roidmude already penetrated the police force, the hype is already there for me. The hype is not as strong as Gaim's due to both show being under different premises, but at the very least it's there.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Bomyne wrote:
Spoiler
Rumor has it that formula isn't his final form. If true, the second half of Drive is set to be even more amazing than the first.
I wouldn't call that rumor, final forms usually (not always, just usually) turn up around the mid to late 30s.
wisdomcat
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by wisdomcat »

Go-On Macaroni wrote:
Bomyne wrote:
Spoiler
I wouldn't call that rumor, final forms usually (not always, just usually) turn up around the mid to late 30s.
The Kamen Rider formula for final forms are usually around episode 32. And secondary riders usually get their "final" forms before (i.e Meteor Storm, Baron Lemon Energy) or after (i.e Accel Trial) the main riders get their final forms.

I give Drive a 3 since its not that bad, it has a story line but it barely mentions it at all. Go is just plain annoying which I feel the majority of the viewers hate about him as well.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Agito got his in 43
Ryuki, Blade, Kabuto were 34
Faiz, Den-O were 39
Hibiki was 33
W, OOO, Fourze and Gaim were 32
Wizard was 31
Kiva was 24
Decade was 21

So, it seems mostly the Main Riders who were post-Decade kept their final forms around 32; everyone else (for the most part) had theirs around the mid to late-30s, as I had said before.
kyoichikiller90
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: KR Agito/Kabuto
Dreamy: Akiyama Nana
Favorite Actor?: Hongo Kanata
Favorite Band: Maroon 5
Alignment: Neutral Evil
My boom: ONORE DECADE
Quote: Ore wa hitori dake jubun da. Dare mou tomete nai, dare mou jama wa saseru nai. Sa... Omae-tachi kakatte koi yo.
Type: ESTP Promoter

Post by kyoichikiller90 »

Type furious? (Hahaha) drift drift drift
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I'm liking it. The last few episodes have been kind of average though. Agree it would be better without Go and just Chase as a secondary rider.
wisdomcat
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by wisdomcat »

Catastrophe wrote:I'm liking it. The last few episodes have been kind of average though. Agree it would be better without Go and just Chase as a secondary rider.
right? The show would have been better off without Go. For some reason I just don't like Go, the writers wrote his character terrible.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

His character has just really re-enforced the hit or miss of introducing new characters as secondary riders.
Kiriko
I am not a number. I am an individual!
I am not a number. I am an individual!
Favorite series: Drive
2nd Favorite Series: Go-Busters
Dreamy: Youko-chan
Favorite Actor?: Arisa Komiya
Favorite Band: NONE
Quote: Thunder

Post by Kiriko »

My first watch KR series is Kamen Rider Drive, and i very like Go, he need more form to action.
Keytotruth
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Alignment: Lawful Evil

Post by Keytotruth »

Characters are kinda uninteresting, but I like the Rider suits in this one. The story is also kinda bland as well as the villains as they don't really do much to stand in the way of Drive and co. Plus, their motives are still a mystery and we're halfway in... Anyways, I'm still enjoying it so far. It just has a few things I don't like, but it also has some good points to it.

Return to “Kamen Rider Drive”