KR Drive 34 released

I'm a fine-tuned supersonic speed machine
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Drive Wiki Link

< Gaim | Drive | Ghost >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.
xPrimexTimex
Infinity

Re: KR Drive 34 released

Post by xPrimexTimex »

"I know Nira is in league with the Roidmude, but can he stop acting like a condescending prick? The first few times it was okay but now it's getting really old."

I KNEW IT I KNEW IT.

I'm glad we found out who actually shot Shinnosuke's dad, for a moment there I didn't think they intended to resolve that plot point. Nira is absolute scum. Plz kick the shit out of him next episode.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

We're now in the episode immediately following the final power-up, and the show is still kicking ass. I love the story, but I also love the pacing. Other than some of the events involving Go, I don't feel like this show has had to throw us any real filler since Type Formula. Everything moves at a good pace, the two-part format isn't so formulaic (we aren't ending every part 1 with the hero in the middle of battle), and everything that happens matters. Other than the Roidmude continuing to suffer from a lack of purpose, it has been a series you want to tune into every single week.
Alessar wrote:I just figured Nira was a decent actor (liar) and was sucking up to them since Makage was outed. I never thought he was redeemed for one second. And tht thiefy roidmude who was so cowardly? I thought it might be him because that was the one character trait that was pretty consistent. Props for Brain managing to pull off something for a change!
I have to agree. I have always found his feigned change in loyalties rather transparent, so I'm surprised so many viewers here thought it was real. What I'm not sure about is whether that's a good thing or not. Is it good to trick so many people, only to have them annoyed? Or is it bad that it wasn't more transparent, at the risk of losing subtlety?

In any case Nira is a delightful villain, possibly more than any of the Roidmude. It's unfortunate that he didn't come on until after Foumula, because unlike the other villains he may not be all that complex, but he is so dang enjoyable to hate. There are lots of people like him in the real world, so although him shooting Officer Tomari may be a bit stretched, the rest of it is compelling because it's grounded in reality.

That said, given that he was in league with the Roidmude, it does leave one plot hole: why did Chase attacking him to get Shinnouske's ban lifted work? Surely he knew it was a setup.
xPrimexTimex
Infinity

Post by xPrimexTimex »

ViRGE wrote:
That said, given that he was in league with the Roidmude, it does leave one plot hole: why did Chase attacking him to get Shinnouske's ban lifted work? Surely he knew it was a setup.
You have a good point and my best guess is that his allegiance to the Roidmude and knowing the identity of 001 was written in after this episode.

However, if you want to try and find an explanation for all this, this is what I came up with: Makage already knows who Kamen Rider Drive is. If getting rid of Shinnosuke was his plan he would have done so much much sooner. So his goal wasn't to get rid of Drive early on and he probably didn't want Shinnosuke & co. to find out about him right? If Nira is in league with the Roidmude and knows the identity of Makage and Brain, of course he knows him getting attacked is a setup. I believe Makage told Nira to make life difficult for the Special Cases Department, but in no way to confirm/believe the existence of the Roidmude and to obviously not let it slip that he knows more than he lets on. Nira also is not a Roidmude at this point and only a simple human, so in the event that him getting attacked was real, he'd need Drive to bail him out. So Nira betrays Makage later on and helps Drive out. He only does this assuming that if Drive kills Makage that the secret dies with him which means it's easy to jump ship once Makage disrespects him, not to mention if Makage has no use for Nira then there's nothing to stop him from telling Shinnosuke who killed his father. Drive ends up killing Makage and so the secret dies with him right? Wrong. Makage dying + the Special Cases Department producing antidotes to give people their memory back means Nira is in trouble and it's only a matter of time until he's caught. Brain helps him out and here we is.
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

I think that's over complicating things.

Nira knows the existence of Roidmude and knows Makage and Brain are Roidmude, that's about it. He's not in the inner circle so he doesn't know what's going on with Roidmude politics, and I'm sure Makage isn't letting on more than he needed to know. He probably doesn't even know Chase is a traitor or even Chase is 000.

The Roidmude might actually be attacking the Special Cases Department and he'll just become collateral damage. He is a coward, he'll do anything to save himself. Lifting that ban is easy enough to accomplish that.
solari
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Ex-Aid

Post by solari »

The reveal was really cool, with Honganji and Shinnosuke.

Return to “Kamen Rider Drive”