KR Drive 40 released

I'm a fine-tuned supersonic speed machine
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Drive Wiki Link

< Gaim | Drive | Ghost >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

KR Drive 40 released

Post by Yaiba »

http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Kamen_Rider_Drive_40

"Love? What is that?!" Lol, Chase, that made me smile.

I like Shinnosuke's short motivational speech. It's simple and effective. No need to be long winded.

I like Go in this episode. His recovery it good. I hope this will change him from the one-sided character who hate all Roidmude for no bloody reason.

That program Banno installed in Belt-san probably cause Krim to become the evil Driver 2035. But what does it actually do? Does it corrupt Krim's program to serve Banno?

Kudos to the writers for making the movie promotion gifts - the licenses - make sense in the episode, by having Chase drive Tridoron.

I originally thought the Dark Drive in 2035 will be a mind-controlled Shinnosuke. But since he's not one of the choices I'll need to guess again.

Watch the cm this week. You get to see Chase skip like a little girl
dualvision1984
7X
Favorite series: MagiRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O
Dreamy: Luka Millfy
Favorite Band: JAM Project
Quote: The meaning of the journey lies within the journey itself - Eijiro Hikari, Kamen Rider Decade
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Re: KR Drive 40 released

Post by dualvision1984 »

This is one of my awaited episodes.
Spoiler
Revelation about Krim Steinbelt and Banno Tenjurou's past. It is also being shown why Krim is reluctant to work with Banno.

I'm also excited as well to the fact that it is slowly opening up to the movie itself. Looking forward to watch this episode and the upcoming summer movie which ties in the series.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

At times this series is devolving into a soap opera - who killed whose Dad - but I'm okay with that for now. As it stands I'm annoyed that it has taken so long to get to Banno after something like 20 episodes of bellyaching over him, but at the same time I'm glad we're finally there. The creator of the Roidmudes secretly is a tyrant who wants a body so he can take over the world. Who knew? :p

In any case, if Banno put the evil of humans into the Roidmude, does that make Heart evil? The way he tells the story I'm a bit lost on how much is metaphor versus literal. Since clearly 003 and 001 are actually evil.

Meanwhile I find Tornado kind of forgettable, but kudos to the costuming department on Kiriko. I sort of loathe weddings in Toku since it's such an overused trope - and in this episode it still is - but they also actually picked out a wedding dress that doesn't suck. Most of the time when they do this the actress looks like a little girl wearing her mother's dress. Someone actually cared enough to do it right this time. Meanwhile Chase and Kiriko at the alter; I'm not sure if that's foreshadowing or just a good visual gag.

Getting back to the Roidmude, does anyone really think Medic won't be one of the Promised Numbers? She's one of the three main commanders, so any drama over whether she'll find a way to evolve seems kind of forced. We're down to 4 commanders now (the core 3 and the ringer), so unless Chase bumps someone off we're already there.

Finally, I'm starting to suspect the movie won't tie into show after all, and this has all been one big ruse. We haven't seen whether Banno's pet Roidmude, 004, has a human form yet. Given that he likes to dress up his Roidmude as people he hates, I'm thinking 004's human form is the Krim we've seen running around in the shadows the last couple of episodes. It makes sense, as Banno needs to have someone watching Drive to capitalize on a good time to fetch the belt.

Edit: And I guess Mach isn't getting an upgrade? 40 episodes in, I would expect to see it by now in time for the movie. He already had problems 15 episodes ago, and now he's completely outclassed by Drive and the Ultimate Roidemudes :(
Last edited by ViRGE on Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JujinSan
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Japan
Quote: Whats done is done and cannot be undone

Post by JujinSan »

Banno was psychotic to the point of madness, so it makes complete sense that Krim ended the partnership. Tornado was a forgettable character. He essentially went through the poor man's version of The Bachelor only instead of a rose it was a very gaudy looking necklace. If what Heart says is true, then the original purpose of the roidmude was probably to help humans with day to day tasks a la I,Robot.
Aka no Kenshi! MakaiRed! Kenpo Sentai Makaiger!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I like that 004 is mysterious. 4 meaning death and all that in Japanese.
Kamen Rider Gumo
Faiz
Favorite series: Zyuranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
Dreamy: Reiko Chiba
Favorite Actor?: Takaiwa Seiji
Favorite Band: Twisted Sister
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: DragonBall Z
Quote: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly - the ill deeds, along with the good - and let me be judged accordingly. The rest...is silence..."
Type: ENTJ Fieldmarshal

Post by Kamen Rider Gumo »

ViRGE wrote:Edit: And I guess Mach isn't getting an upgrade? 40 episodes in, I would expect to see it by now in time for the movie. He already had problems 15 episodes ago, and now he's completely outclassed by Drive and the Ultimate Roidemudes :(
Dead Heat essentially serves as his upgrade; he can master it on a level that Shinnosuke can't. I would put it on par with Type Formula's power in Go's hands. It's kind of like Kamen Rider Blade, where Garren only got the Jack Form upgrade and didn't use King Form like Blade did, or Den-O getting three upgrades in Climax, Liner and Super Climax forms while Zeronos only got Vega Form and Zero Form. It's not unusual for the secondary Rider to get fewer upgrades than the main Rider. For that matter, Chase is probably going to get NO upgrade whatsoever (like Leangle).
Joosche
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
My boom: High Fantasy

Post by Joosche »

Who changed Kiriko's dresses? Kind worried here.

I'm enjoying how the show is showing the bad guys point of views, Heart mostly. Torture can dehumanize people, so it's kind understandable his hatred against humans.
Weather
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite Actor?: Tomoyuki Dan
Alignment: Chaotic Evil

Post by Weather »

Now this is how Gou should be, an adorable goofy muffintop, and not whiny brat.

Sweet to see Heart reasoning, bein a punching bag for a salty scientist.

Brain is back \o/
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

It kind of sucks they went down this road with Banno. Yes, he is fucking insane, but I liked the quiet and reserved sounding iDad that did cool shit.

Return to “Kamen Rider Drive”