Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Garo Makai Senki 10 released

Post by takenoko »

In this episode of Garo, Leo drugs Kaoru and takes her out on the cheapest date ever. And Kouga hunts... no wait, he doesn't do anything. Nevermind.

Jokes aside, I really liked this episode. I get it's a Kaoru and Leo character episode, and it was pretty fun to watch. Although I don't really know why.

Wonderland stories can go either way for me. Usually I find them annoying and random, like in most modern Final Fantasy stories or even Alice in Wonderland. But sometimes they can be really interesting. Also, "the rules say we have to hold hands here". Leo, you sly dog.

I also wonder if Kouga really fell asleep in that scene when Zaruba is mocking him. I guess there's no way of knowing... but Kouga does sound pretty irritated with Zaruba over the matter. I also get why they cut away at the end before showing the fight, but I think that was a bad decision since it'll just irritate most viewers. I can't help but wonder if this episode needed Kouga at all. All he really needed to do was come home from work, look exhausted, then see Kaoru's drawing and smile or something.

But yeah, it was fun going through Amemiya's fantasy world. I still don't know what Leo is up to, but he's up to something. I mean, Red Mask wanted Spirit Beast pelt for a reason, so since he couldn't steal it, he found one on his own perhaps?

Oh Kaoru, are you sure you want to be telling Leo that he's like a Makai Knight?
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: Garo Makai Senki 10 released

Post by Lunagel »

Remember kids, if a Makai Priest gives you LSD it's totally okay to take it and follow him all around the city while looking at weird rainbow stuff only you can see.

This was a surprisingly enjoyable episode. I liked seeing deeper into the whole Makai world beyond the Horrors, and the Spirit Beast was a good change. Especially the ghost parade and the kitsune following Leo and Kaoru around. I think it made it even better that Leo admitted he didn't know what they were. It's a lot more fun for the viewer to make up their own story about some things than to have everything explained.
chickdigger802
7X

Post by chickdigger802 »

Reminds me of some Ghibli stuff.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

This episode reminds of xxxHolic with another world right there but cannot see with normal eyes. It would be very funny if Kaoru and Leo had to play Shiritori to bypass the evil ki at one point. It was nice to see an episode that wasn't about some Horror and that Kouga needs to kill it. Somehow to me that Kouga was going to fight a Spirit Beast at the very end. The drawing that Kaoru made of the Spirit Beast seem very close to what Kouga saw at the end of the episode.
m4rc0
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by m4rc0 »

It was a nice change of pace. No doubt about that. It was also very interesting. I liked how they expanded Garo's world and showed that there's more than demons that eat humans in its supernatural side. And yet it also had some very disturbing moments. That giant evil ki girl was creepy.

I really liked the parade, the kitsune and other spirit beings. That thing about the rules of the paths was also very nice, because it's a concept of magic that I really like. The fact that things are mysteries too.

But it had it's problems. Come on, Leo being nervous because he had to hold hands was lame. This is a mature toku. And it's not like Leo never had contact with women... This is one of the main problems in Garo.

The other problem was that they kept showing Kouga waiting for the Horror and just when it appeared, they cut. They could've had alt least shown him transforming and quickly slashing the Horror.
Devil D
That's so ridiculous
That's so ridiculous
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Decade

Post by Devil D »

I noticed that the first season was very formuliac in its episodes while this season doesnt follow a formula and seems to focus more on mixing it up so that we never know what we are going to get in the next episode. It makes me like this season more, but I do find the previous season to have better Garo styled episodes.

Overall this was a good episode, also the more I watch it, the more I think Leo might be the Masked dude, which would be a great plot twist if only it wasnt so cliche'd. He is a great character, there is clearly a blossoming tension between him and Kauru and everytime they are alone, I find myself mumbling "uh oh!"

This was a good creative episode and the ending was cute.
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

Judging from the lack of responses on this episode, I guess everyone does agree that there wasn't much to remember from it. I did liked that we got to see how Makai Priests sees the world in their eyes with those weird spirits or whatever they were called. Talk about freaky. That one vision where Leo and Kaoru saw all those spirits dancing was interesting. I swore I saw naked chicks dancing and I wonder if the producers had to get hella people to dance in a green screen to get that effect. It was impressive. Finally, something is definitely going on with Leo. He has an agenda and we will find out in due time.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Just got around to watching this. While exploring the spiritual realm of the GARO world was neat, it was kinda lackluster. The water type magic and swordplay Leo uses kinda drives suspicion that he is that masked bastard, possibly angry because that chick we saw is dead.
koi.no.michi
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O
Dreamy: Sakurai Yuuto <3
Favorite Actor?: Nakamura Yuichi
Favorite Band: Cocoa Otoko.
Quote: 最初に言っておく。俺はかーなーり、強い! ~ Sakurai Yuuto // Kamen Rider Zeronos

Post by koi.no.michi »

this episode was nice and refreshing~

did Kouga even need to be there?
i feel like he seriously did nothing.

the producers really seem to wanna push the suspicion onto Leo as being the red masked man
but that makes it a bit too obvious.

Return to “Makai Senki”