Garo Makai Senki 13 released

Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey the Live
Dreamy: Chase
My boom: The new Garo series
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Re: Garo Makai Senki 13 released

Post by Saejima Kouga »

I bet he has an evil twin.
I’m the one nightmares are afraid of.
Tuss4
Train man
Favorite series: Faiz
Dreamy: Ayame Misaki
Favorite Actor?: Myself
Alignment: Neutral

Post by Tuss4 »

the mechanical henchmen were gouryuu infused with sensuii. I like the evil twin idea though, at least it would mean the writers still had a trick up their sleeves.

Alessar
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Konishi Ryousei
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: K-Dramas
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Alessar »

takenoko wrote:I always figured that Zaruba was fixed at the end of the series, not just completely replaced. The loss of memory being the causality from the repair process.
Zaruba 1.0 shattered, turned into dust and blew away, leaving Kouga staring at his completely ringless hand. I don't think he's a repair, I think he's a new ring out of the same mold.
KR_FIA wrote:Judging by their conversations in the first season before Jabi was ... temporarily removed, it seems like she has accepted that her relationship with Kouga won't go further than being friends.
Now, the Makai Priestess from Red Requiem? I'm expecting some serious resentment. MMMMEEOOWW.
zeta_gundam wrote:Maybe it's the person who owns the brush that Leo takes so much care of?
Saejima Kouga wrote:I bet he has an evil twin.
Phoenix512 wrote:Leo has to be Red Mask with the mechanical henchmen that he sent out to fight against Jabi.
There were already Makai constructs, like the giant thing Kouga fights when he goes to get the balankas fruit, before Leo. I think that Leo's actual invention is making the portable gouryuu, backpack size gadgets that low-grade priests (like the 2 guys in the Red Requiem movie) can use. Even if he does invent them all, Red Mask could have requisitioned a couple and then "root-kitted" them to serve him.

I like Zeta's thought about his ID as well as Saejima's. I actually think the brush will be like, his dead sister's and Red Mask will be her boyfriend. But he could also be a twin brother. I would totally buy that. Red Mask was so mouthy in the fight though it clearly shows his nose tip, teeth, and chin. I think there's enough footage to compare faces at this point, though that might not mean anything. With their low budget it's entirely possible that they could they have Leo's (very tall) actor playing Red Mask, but just be "suit acting" until the real ID is shown. I would LOVE LOVE to see Mark Musashi show up again, perhaps playing a twin to his character in season 1. That would explain the crazy grudge coupled with sorcery.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

So them being converted into orbs that fit into your hand isn't portable enough for you?
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

It was nice seeing Jabi back in this episode. I liked that she got pretty much a focus episode and her battle with that masked man was pretty cool. It was a little too special effects heavy though. Maybe that explains why there isn't much suit action and they had to save their budget for instances like this. Again, this show is really making it look like Leo is the masked man. He's been looking pissed at times.
Ivanhobe
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Den-o
Dreamy: Hana-san
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: Mortal Kombat
Quote: "Shut up and eat an umaboshi!" - Inui Takumi

Post by Ivanhobe »

Ohh i missed jabi so much, her fighting style it´s always so cool to watch, rekka from RR has nothing on her, Nothing!!

Is kind of odd seeing jabi feeling indebted to kouga, but then again after what he did....even she has to swallow her pride.

The fight itself it was quite good, almost felt like an anime battle or something like that, but the makai symbols and the brushes set it apart as something truly Garo, the particular style of the series is something quite unique.

At first i was confused by how Jabi summoned Gouten, then i remembered the charm and thought "that is quite clever", is a nice way of showing the bond betwen her and kouga.

As for red mask, they are trying really hard to imply that he is leo, i doubt that is the case but at the very least i think they are connected, and thinking about it, there has to be a connection with the girl from Kiba Gaiden, or at least i hope so.

Thanks for the release and looking forward to more Garo!!!!
DrinkItDown
RYUKI TARDFACE
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Faiz
Dreamy: Faiz Bar Tender chic
Favorite Band: L'Arc en Ciel
My boom: Cars i suppose

Post by DrinkItDown »

I really hope that the Garo writers aren't going to make Leo be Red Mask. That would seriously be way to obvious. I hope we are being mislead.

Great to see Jabi, as usual.
Old school TVN member
formerly FA|RokkumanEXE
Kurow
Mega
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Rina Akiyama (Agito)
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: girls
Quote: Ore Sanjou!
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by Kurow »

Red mask is Leo... too many clues points to him. Also they both are young men and have the same lips...

Jabi is hot and I really liked her costume in this episode.
Final Vent!
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

I think they're playing against expectations from the first series. People will expect the villain to have been in the show the entire time, so why not throw out a red herring for people to latch onto?

Red Mask is totally Gonza. In your heart, you know it to be true.
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey the Live
Dreamy: Chase
My boom: The new Garo series
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Saejima Kouga »

Kurow wrote:they both are young men and have the same lips....
I was wondering if I was the only one to notice the lips.
I’m the one nightmares are afraid of.
Biogirl
Go Go!
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider...Kabuto
Favorite Actor?: Yamamoto Yusuke
Favorite Band: Funky Monkey Babys
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: Otoko nara darekano tameni tsuyoku nare. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6h5OlXS8IzI

Post by Biogirl »

I am hoping there is a twist coming, but both Leo and Red Mask have a very slight lisp. This episode made it really obvious that we are supposed to think that Leo is Red Mask, but I will be disappointed if that's all there is to it.

Yay, Jabi!
Tokusatsu kotatsu party!
Yuusha
7X
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider AGITO
Dreamy: Anna Nagata
Favorite Actor?: Shigeki Hosokawa
Favorite Band: SHAKA LABBITS!
My boom: Io Shirai
Quote: "Even if one evades the fangs of the Dragon by soaring high, they are drawn in by its furious winds, then are shredded by the claws"

Post by Yuusha »

Probably my favorite episode of the series so fr, mainly because I'm a huge mark for Jabi. They are just making it too obvious Leo is Red Mask. I fully expect it to be a swerve and his master is really behind it all. I suspect a larger conspiracy here.

James
Impact
7X
Favorite series: Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Dairanger
Favorite Band: Gackt
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: Shio Ramen
Quote: "Dios no me ama!"

Post by Impact »

Right, so I'm late to this party, as usual. Felt I had to put in my two cents though. I have to disagree with you, Take. I felt Red Mask was impressed Jabi's skill. So much so that he left his invitation to join him open. Also, I do think Jabi warmed her victory. Red Mask said he didn't mind giving Zaruba up if she could retrieve it. He kept his word too. Honorable enemy. Also, yes, Leo has to be Red Mask. So yeah, I was late. No one is here anymore. *cricket chirp*

Oh yes, good to see Jabi again. Missed her in the show.

Return to “Makai Senki”