Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz - Kab
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Devil Z

Garo Yami wo Terasu Mono 12 released

Post by XIII »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Garo_Yami_12

The plan to capture Madou Horror Blood leads to a tragic end

A fairly Rian centric episode with Ryuuga playing the tough guy as well, seemed to me like they were still playing the hidden love between the two in this ep, but it comes off quite well as it did add an extra element to the main fight for this week, when your timing you only tend to get half the picture as the video isnt playing so when an event happened I had to just play the video to see if I heard what had happened and it wasnt something that I was expecting to happen and then they flipped it around again seconds later with another little twist

The final scenes of this week showed us the result of this weeks plot and its about time they caught a break hunting down the Madou Horrors and Zaruba gets the final word in, it would be nice if he played a bit more of a larger role, but I guess time will tell if thats all about to change now given what has now happened.

Also what's his face is back, I really haven't got a clue what his name is
Live for the Moment, for the Moment is Eternal!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: Garo Yami wo Terasu Mono 12 released

Post by takenoko »

Man, what an awesome episode. From last week's preview, I assumed there would be some kind of double twist, and there was! At first it seemed like Rian was plotting to trap Rivera, but then Rivera turned it around on camera, and then finally Rian got the last laugh as she had another hand up her sleeve.

I also really liked the way Rian took her time to sit down and cross her legs before answering Rivera. Rian's so rad!

That's 12 episodes (one quarter block of the broadcast year), time for the story to step up right? Right! The end of this episode does an excellent job at setting up the second half of the series. It's time to go after the Madou Horror. I also hear the opening/ending songs will be changing, probably next week since 13 is when they tend to do those things.

I'm also really enjoying Imura Kumi's portrayal of Rivera. There's just something really sexy about her character.

Now if only Aguri would get a larger story. At least I enjoyed the line with Takeru callinig Aguri an egghead.
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

Damn, this episode had me on the edge of my seat the whole time!

The double twist is just brilliant. So that's why Takeru is so happy (when he should be worry) when Rian's undercover was busted. And little hints like Rian's little nod to the camera to signal the plan has gone through

It seems the introduction phase is over and we're finally entering the main part of the story
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

I was harsh a few weeks ago about how the show was developing and I stand by those opinions, but this episode was so much fun to watch. I agree that it's about time the heroes have caught a break and can finally start hunting the Madou Horrors, who are the real threat to the city.

Plus we got a look at a sad-looking singing girl when Rivera was chatting with Sonshi. I'm guessing she has something to do with all those statues. And honestly, I was surprised that Rivera survived the episode. When Sonshi said he would handle the situation, I thought that meant he was going to kill her. I'm glad she's still around. Grudge matches usually get more interesting than straight-up battle.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Okay, I'll admit I'm not the biggest fan of this show. I'm firmly in the "original is best" camp, but this episode is pretty damn awesome. Possibly because Ryuuga's hardly in it, but that's a different conversation entirely. The story was well-told and I was seriously engaged in the drama of what would happen to Rian. Ryuuga getting shot was a huge surprise and I can honestly say I wasn't expecting the twist, although in retrospect it was pretty obvious.

If they can keep up with this kind of pacing and action, I will be fully back on board with this show.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I thought it was pretty obvious why Takeru was happy since Rivera called Rian by her real name and not Rina, her undercover name. I don't know how I would feel about Rivera shooting Ryuuga and exposing it. She could easily twist it that she was defending herself from a serial killer. I think if she killed someone else and expose it, it would have more credibility towards making Rivera evil.

It really is modern day Assassin's Creed with targets on a map that need to be wiped out.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

THE HUNT FOR THE MADOU HORRORS BEGIN FINALLY! I was on the edge of my seat watching this episode. When I saw Ryuga get shot by Rivera, I was shocked. Then when he got back up and with the creepy smiling face I laughed.

Rian and Ryuga do not have any chemistry together please stahmp director pls.

After 11 episodes they pull off with an amazing episode that really shows why Garo is Garo. I can't wait for the next episode now :3
XIII
The Conspiracy
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz - Kab
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Devil Z

Post by XIII »

Phoenix512 wrote:I don't know how I would feel about Rivera shooting Ryuuga and exposing it. She could easily twist it that she was defending herself from a serial killer. I think if she killed someone else and expose it, it would have more credibility towards making Rivera evil.
I think they were broadcasting her confession of killing the dude with the gun and then having her shoot Ryuuga makes it look like she is a serial killer

it could also be a way to make SG-1 not be interested in hunting Ryuuga if they think he is dead
Live for the Moment, for the Moment is Eternal!
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

He still probably shouldn't travel outside in his normal getup though. OMG he isn't dead!
kuroblack
Go Go!

Post by kuroblack »

:) The power of Madou Horror.... to change high heels into sneaker and back again to high heels. :lol:
Areku The O.F.
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: KR Black
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz
Dreamy: Too many to count...
Favorite Actor?: Tetsuo Kurata
Favorite Band: Dream Theater
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: Toku in general
Quote: "Gather ye rosebuds while ye may
Old time is still a' flying
And that same flower that smiles you today
Tomorrow will be dying..."

Post by Areku The O.F. »

I like how the magazine article makes no sense whatsoever. :D Kind of jarring taking in consideration the production values of this series.
3... 2... 1... Time Out... Deformation.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

The magazine article is pretty clearly something someone c/p'd into Google Translate.
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey the Live
Dreamy: Chase
My boom: The new Garo series
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Saejima Kouga »

Rian was so hot in this episode.
I’m the one nightmares are afraid of.
XerBlade
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Faiz
Dreamy: Tatsulot
Favorite Actor?: Ishida Akira
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: Kamen Rider Meteorologist! I will decide your forecast!
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by XerBlade »

So, I guess they're going to be getting a red-tinted Madou lighter now?
Watching
Kamen Rider: Saber

Complete
Kamen Rider: All Black and later
Sentai: Shinkenger,Gokaiger,Magic Kaito VS Detective Conan
Garo: All
DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Alignment: Neutral Good
Instagram: DaVinci030

Post by DaVinci030 »

That was a nice episode :D

Rian's action was pretty cool...

I like what Gai--- i mean Takeru :lol: controls the TV station. Oh my!

So the hunt of the Madou Horrors begin at the next episode. eh?

Return to “~Yami wo Terasu Mono~”