Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Garo Yami wo Terasu Mono 23 released

Post by takenoko »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Garo_Yami_23

Opening spoils this episode. Lame.

Just kidding. What a great episode. The stunts were amazing. This is what I love about Garo.

Takeru, you're trying to act again.

Garo series, you accidentally replaced your giant lady with a guy in square glasses. I mean, he's not even demonish, he's a normal dude. This is what happens when Amemiya doesn't do your monster designs.

Oh neat, that CM uses a parody of the Japanese opening to Sailor Moon.
DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Alignment: Neutral Good
Instagram: DaVinci030

Re: Garo Yami wo Terasu Mono 23 released

Post by DaVinci030 »

Yeah! It's really an amazing fight. If that golden armor still remains as Kouga's... even with a red Makai Ken.

It's kinda sad that Ryuuga's mother, Hakana was killed before the Goddess statue was destroyed.

Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

I liked the Zedom design... until they replaced it with a dude in funky glasses. Boring! The moving boxes were really cool and kinda freaky.

OH MY GOD AN ACTUAL PHYSICAL SUIT I AM GOING TO DIE OF SHOCK
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

It's sad that Burai just got crushed by the boxes that was a horrible death for him. Zedom looks.. horrible. We finally get a real suit! And Ryuga's scabbard turns into red! I'm still disappointed they didn't keep the new design though. It looked stylish with its upturned collar on the armor. Now I can't wait for the last episode.

DaVinci030 wrote:It's kinda sad that Ryuuga's mother, Hakana was killed before the Goddess statue was destroyed.
How is it sad? If the Goddess statue was destroyed then she would have turned into a Horror anyways. Might as well kill her as a human.
kuroblack
Go Go!

Post by kuroblack »

During the goldening process of Garo, I suddenly got an epiphany. I remember that Kouga
Spoiler
killed Sigma although he was still human
in Makai Senki. It's probably far fetched, but the reason Garo lost it's golden shine might be because the sword was used to kill normal human. And that has caused the soul metal to revert into its original form, the Zedom seeds.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

kuroblack wrote:During the goldening process of Garo, I suddenly got an epiphany. I remember that Kouga
Spoiler
killed Sigma although he was still human
in Makai Senki. It's probably far fetched, but the reason Garo lost it's golden shine might be because the sword was used to kill normal human. And that has caused the soul metal to revert into its original form, the Zedom seeds.
Probably wouldn't make sense since Kouga still had his gold armor during the Soukoku no Maryuui movie.
Dragonfan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dragonfan »

What a lame way to kill a character that beat the crap out of them at the same time without even using a sword.

The armor thing is kinda joke. Why do we want the real armor now? The only thing we are going to earn with this is a horrible comparison with Aguri and Takeru's armors.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

What was lame about them killing Sonshi the way they did? It was an epic fight. I don't mind Zedom being a guy in square glasses compared to some weird ass CGI monster we usually get. I did like the cubes of death.
dat20091
Go Go!
Quote: "Where there is light, shadows lurk and fear reigns... yet by the blade of Knights, mankind was given hope..."

Post by dat20091 »

I liked the episode
I hated how Burai died, it was like
He just got surrounded by cubes and then dissappeared, they could of showed him fighting back a little more or screaming
and I thought that like thing was suppose to protect Burai from Zedom ._. Didn't do crap the moment he entered Zedom's realm

Sonshi's fight was amazing
All the action was nice and the final bit where it was Ryuga and Sonshi was greatly done
One thing I found weird was when Takeru was on top of a car while Aguri drives, shouldn't the archer be on top to shoot Sonshi ._.

Zedom's design isn't bad, he looks like a weird general guy to me o-o
and the square glasses kinda doesn't fit for me XD they're just there, why would a old ancient spirit dude even have glasses

Garo's physical suit is nice to have, but like some people mentioned earlier, it's kinda late ._. also Aguri and Takeru doesn't have a physical suit compared to Garo so it's going to be out of place, unless they're mostly using CG for Garo too, which they 100% will anyway.

Scene with Hakana and Ryuga made me almost cry :'(
It was sad, also something was in my eye so I rubbed it a little.

Also maybe they should of told SG1 about Tousei ._.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

dat20091 wrote: Zedom's design isn't bad, he looks like a weird general guy to me o-o
and the square glasses kinda doesn't fit for me XD they're just there, why would a old ancient spirit dude even have glasses

Also maybe they should of told SG1 about Tousei ._.
Well it is only the head that was sealed under Vol City so I guess he borrowed Sonshi's body and ripped off his head o_O. Yeah I don't get why Zedom needs glasses.
Well bad guys don't usually survive in the Garo universe. Tousei's probably going to get what's coming to him sooner or later. And on a different note did anyone notice how well they did Garo's CGI in the preview? It's like they made Garo's CGI better than the others. Then again that could just be me.
LightningZERO
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com

Post by LightningZERO »

The whole fight against Sonshi was epic. At first I was disappointed that they were out of armor in few seconds, but the subsequent car chase and Ryuga VS Sonshi one on one were nicely choreographed. You can really see the growth of these three Knights. Ryuga's final blow was a rather wtf moment, how did he summon the full armor (complete with the sword), without using the sword? Still, rule of cool FTW!

I thought the Golden Garo will be just current Ryuga's armor painted gold. I was surprised to see the armor became the traditional look again. I am of mixed feelings. On one hand, I really like Ryuga's Garo look as it is more streamlined and better looking. On the other, the armor returning to its former self is a way to establish connections with previous Garo since the armor is one and the same. And the old Garo suit does have a more majestic feel.

I don't really worry about Golden Garo being a live action suit. It probably will be used in standing/talking scenes only, the fighting scenes will still be CG. The next episode preview shows that it is done in CG when standing together with other two Knights and the whole fight will probably be CG heavy (or most probably all CG)

Ryuga killing his mother was expected. The haunting soundtrack for that moment was perfectly done. I like Ryuga's struggle to hold his tears after he did the deed. He is no longer the brash young man from episode 1. He is now the Golden Knight.

I doubt Burai is dead. The Knights will weaken Zedom the next episode until Burai can seal it from inside

I like the idea of Zedom having a tactical general look, but that stupid glasses sorta ruin it. His Makai Rubik cube attacks were pretty nifty. I think this also means that the Priests probably got the Makai tools technology reversed engineered from Zedom himself.
dat20091
Go Go!
Quote: "Where there is light, shadows lurk and fear reigns... yet by the blade of Knights, mankind was given hope..."

Post by dat20091 »

takenoko wrote:Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Garo_Yami_23
Opening spoils this episode. Lame.
LOL I just got this, I feel so slow XD
I mean it would of been nice if there was more actual new CG where the shine is recovered instead of some used in the openning
but it was a beautiful scene nevertheless
dat20091
Go Go!

Post by dat20091 »

OOOKaiser wrote:
Well it is only the head that was sealed under Vol City so I guess he borrowed Sonshi's body and ripped off his head o_O. Yeah I don't get why Zedom needs glasses.
Well bad guys don't usually survive in the Garo universe. Tousei's probably going to get what's coming to him sooner or later. And on a different note did anyone notice how well they did Garo's CGI in the preview? It's like they made Garo's CGI better than the others. Then again that could just be me.
There's going to be some thing where Tousei or Hakana gets possessed and turns into the final final boss, since they did have a whole scene of just looking at the dead body and Tousei just being there

Also yea, it was like DAMN HIS HEAD EXPLODED, so it makes sense since it was only the head left XD
Cool that you noticed :p

The CGI for Garo was done nicely in the preview
it looks better than the previous in Makai Senki, or well a little better
Maybe it looks better than the other 2 cause it's more shinier XD?
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

Dragonfan wrote:What a lame way to kill a character that beat the crap out of them at the same time without even using a sword
You still have to remember how far they come since episode 1. They've gotten experience from the battles they fought against plus it was 3v1 so Sonshi was worn out by the battle. Plus thanks to Sonshi the Makai Knights have gotten better.
dat20091 wrote: The CGI for Garo was done nicely in the preview it looks better than the previous in Makai Senki, or well a little better. Maybe it looks better than the other 2 cause it's more shinier XD?
Or they poured all their CGI budget just for Garo's armor XD
Dragonfan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dragonfan »

OOOKaiser wrote:
Dragonfan wrote:What a lame way to kill a character that beat the crap out of them at the same time without even using a sword
You still have to remember how far they come since episode 1. They've gotten experience from the battles they fought against plus it was 3v1 so Sonshi was worn out by the battle. Plus thanks to Sonshi the Makai Knights have gotten better.
Yeah, but the first battle with Sonshi was in episode 9 (3vs1 too, and they were totally overwhelmed), and Sonshi was way stronger than Ryuuga in War, something that, in the show, happened... A couple of days ago, maybe?

Return to “~Yami wo Terasu Mono~”