2nd Favorite Series: kamen rider W
Dreamy: Natsumikan
Favorite Band: J-rock
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: nasuverse
Quote: "Do you have the courage to ride with the devil?"

Re: Zero Black Blood 06 released

Post by demino555 »

The argument is simple. More people die or less people die. Do you want to save the people dying around the world? Or do you want to save the person in front of you?

Makai Knights don't think of such things. They're soldiers. Sure they come into conflict with their emotions but they at least have to uphold their code to some level. Ring's logic is to have someone die every set time. That is acceptable on paper, instead of people rampantly dying. But when that time comes when you save everyone else who could have died. As a human being, you're really going to watch someone die right in front of you?

In pure objectivity, humanity may as well be wiped out to keep them safe. If there is no one to harm and do harm, then no one has to die. But that's not the case. Humans are subjective creatures.

Zero actually had an interesting premise. But indeed the script felt rushed. Not only in terms of the show's pacing. I think that the writer didn't have enough time to think things through all that clearly.

A problem I found was Ring's actor. I thought he was spot in all the proper parts with the villain talk. But when it came to the fights, especially the last part with Zero... I found his lunge to be more like a little hop and his large frame in that tight fighting space looked awkward. I might be setting my standards too high, but that's what GARO had given me. High standards in tokusatsu action.
My power is EXTREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEME!
DarkCrusnik
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Blade
Favorite Band: Team Nekokan
Quote: "Ore Ga Unmei Tatakao, Soshti Kati Mesri" -Kenzaki, kamen rider blade

it means: "ill fight fate, and surely win! "
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by DarkCrusnik »

each episode! two at least must die, the horror and his victims, wtf thats only 30 mins?
no, I dont mean the episode length but im giving MAX time for the horror to kill after possessing someone

two or more in a day! ring was demanding two a month, lets say five, still its less
and
I dont think the horror that we see is the only horror in town. ..so...double or triple that two

i think it needs even more

zero sucks at mathematics
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

FLAAAAAAAAAAME THE FLAMES AWAYYYYYY

Overall, I think Black Blood is the most baffling of the Makai Knight shows. What was it trying to accomplish? Why was there an inexplicable half-naked workout session at the end of one episode? What the hell was with the shoulders on Yuna's coat? How many more times did they want to stick that irritating lullaby into each episode? What was with the red herring of Master's missing right arm, incidentally the arm which Yuna's dad had lost? How does Rei not have diabetes yet?

I think this was also the most inadvertantly hilarious of the shows. They tried so hard to make Rei this dark, brooding anti-hero who's a manly badass and it just became incredibly overwrought almost immediately as they'd undermine themselves left and right by making a big deal out of his sweet tooth or whatever then launch into the closing credits' montage of Rei brooding alone in dimly lit spaces along with shots of motorcycles and stuff.

Perhaps Black Blood was satire. I want to believe.

Return to “Zero -Black Blood-”