Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Blade
Dreamy: LUKA MILLFY
Favorite Band: 24Herbs
My boom: Happiness
Quote: "Black Wing Sleeping Here Forever"

Re: Garo Makai no Hana 01 released

Post by ChelseaChampion »

They really were lucky to have found this actor for Raiga. He looks realistically like Kouga's son, meaning its very believable if the actors were really related by blood. They really look alike.

Who's to say the mother is Kaoru? Even though Kouga may not have been the most social but he does know a few chicks (e.g. Jabi and the Makai Priest whom I cant remember her name) whom he also happens to save their lives from the hands of horrors on a few occasions..
Drop. Fire. Gemini. Burning Divide
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

The show's premise?
Areku The O.F.
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: KR Black
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz
Dreamy: Too many to count...
Favorite Actor?: Tetsuo Kurata
Favorite Band: Dream Theater
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: Toku in general
Quote: "Gather ye rosebuds while ye may
Old time is still a' flying
And that same flower that smiles you today
Tomorrow will be dying..."

Post by Areku The O.F. »

Now THIS feels like the Garo we all know and love! While I did enjoy Yami Wo Terasu Mono it was obvious that a lot of toku and Garo purists didn't, and that's why Makai No Hana feels like a love letter for old time Garo fans. I'm having high hopes for it and let's see If the quality keeps consistent.
3... 2... 1... Time Out... Deformation.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Mayuri's eyes are just creepy to me. There's no way that blue is natural at all. I don't recall Kouga using the scabbard to fling at Horrors like Raiga did. Also Gonza with the beard looks pretty sweet.
Darkwings
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Darkwings »

Lunagel wrote:I know a lot of people liked it but I really didn't feel like YwTm really captured the spirit of Garo. Just too much changed and I know I keep harping on this, but if you're going to have a tokusatsu series, I want to see a real suit and not just CGI.

Makai no Hana feels like a real return to form. Raiga isn't just a clone of Kouga, he's got a clear personality of his own, distinct from either of his parents. The effects are pretty, the Horror is creepy, and oh man is the opening theme kickass. I wasn't really excited for this series but after the first episode I am seriously pumped.
This.

And Amemiya came back as a director (together with 3/4 of the team from the original Garo), that alone should send a message.
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

i don't think the new things were what damaged Yami. i think it was that those new elements weren't presented or developed in a competent manner.
the show does a poor job to present it's world to the viewer, and while you could argue that shouldn't be the case for those familiar with the garo universe, the technology in Volcity really hurt the series to me.
it's not that they had that giant hologram news thing or SG-1's gadgets, but that those elements were never presented in the garo universe before or had something that suggested it was possible.
i actually like the idea behind most new things, and i would be interested in a Garo series dedicated to a "Science vs. Magic" conflict. the problem is that most elements presented in the series were never really used. the new horrors weren't that different from regular horrors outside of being harder(which is a shame, i was actually getting behind the good horror we find in the second episode), the technology were just cool factor. we don't get the sense of when this is happening or if the technology is something normal or exclusive to volcity.
there was also a problem in passing. i think there were episodes that were just filler when they oculd have been used to develop some of the main characters(i am looking at you miss SG-1).
so, no, i don't think it was the new stuff the problem, it was that they couldn't use them correctly.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

I don't know if anyone noticed it but the mountains in the opening looked like naked woman o.o
AxemYellow
I'm a ghost... wooo~
I'm a ghost... wooo~
Favorite series: Gekiranger, Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger, OOO
Dreamy: Katou Yakumo
Favorite Actor?: Mizushima Hiro
Alignment: Neutral
Type: INTP Architect

Post by AxemYellow »

Right off the bat this series has a great tone, reminiscent of the original GARO. It already seems better than Yami wo Terasu Mono and Black Blood.

Interesting that they tell us who the main villain is right away. Though I wonder what a giant evil flower will look like in a GARO series.
DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Alignment: Neutral Good
Instagram: DaVinci030

Post by DaVinci030 »

Speaking of Garo's eyes, Zaruba's eyes turn into black. Haven't you notice yet?

From Red Requirem, Makai Senki to Soukoku no Maryuu, Zaruba's eyes become red.

MadCow
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: W
Dreamy: Watanabe Natsuna
Favorite Actor?: Takeru Satoh
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: miraculous
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by MadCow »

I didn't like the opening, felt too much random-CGI-with-random-CGI-faces. Kinda like old school Doctor Who with the cheap face effect. But the rest of the episode was great (for a Garo fan, I think a newcomer would have a hard time figuring out what's anything from this pilot episode). Raiga's iaido-like style is very cool, shows a lot of confidence that the character has in his combat skills.
takenoko wrote:It's been a while since I saw Daruma's actor in a show (I don't watch that many dramas anymore). Pretty cool to see him again.
No wonder he, and his mannerism, looked so familiar! This horror's personality really clicked together with the actor very well.
Phoenix512 wrote:Mayuri's eyes are just creepy to me. There's no way that blue is natural at all.
I suppose it could be because she's a madou tool, and thus not exactly human (or at least not 100%)?
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

DaVinci030 wrote:Speaking of Garo's eyes, Zaruba's eyes turn into black. Haven't you notice yet?

I think they were black in Yami too.
DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack

Post by DaVinci030 »

Mandalori wrote:
DaVinci030 wrote:Speaking of Garo's eyes, Zaruba's eyes turn into black. Haven't you notice yet?

I think they were black in Yami too.
No. If you check on YwTM 19, you'll notice that I'm not wrong.

DrowningFishy
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: "Silly Kaijiu. Kicks are for Riders!" - hunter-urufu

Post by DrowningFishy »

When I first saw pictures of this series I didn't think it'd be to good. It looked almost like we'd have a Kouga want to be on our hands. While his walk reminds me of kouga, and some of his personality reminds me of Kaoru he very much distinctly his own character. I love what he does with the scabbard and I can't wait to see more.

About Mayuri, something about her hair style and that look that reminds me so much of Jabi. While at first I was annoyed at another thought of another bad attitude Makai character however this might be interesting.

I'm excited to see more. Love teh butlers (you think I'd remember it by now) chin hair; unlike when Rei had a patchy fuzz in on of the movies.
Zaruba
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Dragonball
Favorite Band: Metallica
My boom: Garo

Post by Zaruba »

DrowningFishy wrote: Love teh butlers (you think I'd remember it by now) chin hair; unlike when Rei had a patchy fuzz in on of the movies.
His name is Gonza. He's pretty much the man...
DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack

Post by DaVinci030 »

Zaruba wrote:
DrowningFishy wrote: Love teh butlers (you think I'd remember it by now) chin hair; unlike when Rei had a patchy fuzz in on of the movies.
His name is Gonza. He's pretty much the man...
Well I dunno how long is he still alive...

Return to “-Makai no Hana-”