Kaigan KR Ghost 01

G-g-ghosts?!
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Ghost Wiki Link

< Drive | Ghost | Ex-Aid >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Rating

Poll ended at Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:03 am

☆☆☆☆☆
18%
☆☆☆☆
47%
☆☆☆
23%
☆☆
9%
4%

Total votes: 57
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: KR Ghost 01 released

Post by Lunagel »

tr0jance wrote: Well hope a V2 will be release soon so I can re-watch this episode.
V2 released a few hours ago
Strykor
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Wizard
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkengers
Favorite Band: The Beatles
Alignment: Neutral
Quote: Ever have one of those flashbacks...

Post by Strykor »

The only thing I found truly horrifying was that one guy's teeth! YIKES! So much for the bad guy dental plan this season.
Renigami
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Renigami »

takenoko wrote:98 days to find 14 more Eyecons? Even if he doesn't just find one immediately like he did today, that still leaves him an average of a week between findings to do it. 15 isn't a large number.
98 divided by 14 is exactly seven days. Hey it sounds like a weekly homework assignment! Combined with what I believe to be more text boxes of historical mentions, Ghost is going to be more educational versus other Rider series, without having educational material either in the eyecatch or closing. Time to submit your papers kids!

And the short end of a semester is fifteen weeks! I anticipate more educational things along the way being that Akari is there to spout physics and science.

And is it me or Yurusen is a bit of a play on urusai? (that reminds me of Navi of what we all want to call her on at times). Maybe it is only me... and my bad botching of connecting things.

Overall, an episode trying to vie for viewer attention and draw to the series by putting every showy element, brazen character flandarizations, and a "trying" relatable protagonist in style. But each of the characters so far comes off as the same as before in Japan media. You got the overbearing (I think) sister, you got the "butler" priest, and you have your "likeable" anime boy in image portrayal. Then you have many mixed CGI and staging that emphasizes the taste of the villians, but honestly don't do much other than be showy in image rather than the meaning of the enemy outburst and a glimpse of their reason (yes we all seen the mysterious activation of some doo-dad, but the beginning doesn't highlight WHY we should be scared. Maybe the point of Ghost is to have viewers not be frightened by the supernatural?

Do like Ghost's suit in action, it is indeed returning to what Gaim did with the arms change series. It makes me wonder if the secondary rider would also share in the Eyecon's powers. Not too fond of the bike though, and amongst being the showy first episode, had to fit in bike-fu too. Not exactly fond of the belt, as it definitely is like Fourze's, with the same lever/handle placement and the translucent blue color, this time no switches or bulky display of the suit, just an eye hole.

It is, well under average for a Kamen Rider series first episode. I will give this a chance... but it seems like it is going to be the worst combinations of OOOs and Wizard.
tr0jance
Infinity
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Fourze
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Mayuko Arisue
Favorite Band: Loaded Diaper
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Imagination
Quote: (silently fades in shadows)
Type: INFP Healer

Post by tr0jance »

Lunagel wrote:
tr0jance wrote: Well hope a V2 will be release soon so I can re-watch this episode.
V2 released a few hours ago
Thank you so much. :)
envedges
Infinity

Post by envedges »

The first episode did grew on me. At first, it wasn't too special, but I enjoy how it's fast paced in which it cramped two episode in one. I prefer this more, since in the past Toku pilot episode I have been seeing tends to drag a little by wasting time on one shot characters that we don't care about. Not going to lied, after finishing Drive, I still had some problems with the series like with how the first half was slow and the second half was rush. Overall, it was a simple, yet an effective pilot episode.

P.S. I'm also curious to know how the 99 days is going to play out. Will it end around the time Takeru get his Final Form which I prefer more and make a lot of sense, or when the series ends.

Score: 4/5
Last edited by Go-On Macaroni on Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: No mentioning future riders
Uzur9
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaimu
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokai
Favorite Band: J-rock/pop + Dubstep
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by Uzur9 »

Vashiev20 wrote:Plus i think the "you're a ghost so you cant die" kind of robs the intensity and danger from the fights
Was thinking the same thing. Just made me stop and thinking well... he could just get his butt handed to himself over-in-over and still somehow beat the baddies down.

And then the 15 Eyecons within 99 Days - No need to rush feeling.

This Ep. felt kinda 'meh' wasn't good or bad ( I will give it points for it not being overwhelming like Drive / Ninnin Ep.01 was though.) - doesn't mean I didn't enjoy it (cause I did).
Kamen Rider left to finish:
Reiwa: Geats, Gotchard

Super Sentai left to finish:
Shōwa: Denjiman, Goggle V, Dynaman, Changeman

Heisei: Complete.

Reiwa: Zenkaiger, High School Heroes, Donbrothers & King-Ohger
MagusKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Decade
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: The whole world is insane, we just have to be sane enough to accept it

Post by MagusKaiser »

honestly not too bad for a first episode although the sword is an interesting design concept, although wouldn't faiz technically be the first glow in the dark hero since his suit also lit up at night
dualvision1984
7X
Favorite series: MagiRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O
Dreamy: Luka Millfy
Favorite Band: JAM Project
Quote: The meaning of the journey lies within the journey itself - Eijiro Hikari, Kamen Rider Decade
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by dualvision1984 »

Phoenix512 wrote:Version 2 of the SD is out now.
Thanks, guys :)
Barim
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: SS: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: KR: Ryuki
Favorite Band: Queen
Alignment: Neutral

Post by Barim »

Akari wrote:You know....That makes me think...They really kind of arent making "death" too big of a deal. Its like, "Oh they killed you? Here's a belt, an eyeball with your soul in it, and Henshin!" YAY!!!!!
So basically, Madoka has taken over Kyubee's role? (If I'm reading the va names right...)

Also, anyone else reminded of Wizard's Henshin noises when Ghost Henshins?
Spoiler
Once the Heron to set his path,
Twice the Heron to name him true,
Once the Dragon for remembrance lost,
Twice the Dragon for the price he must pay.
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

Those people on the Pirate ship Ride and the Sightseeing Tower properly all died. Death has consequence, people's lives are at stake. Takeru is the lucky one that has a chance to come back to life, but not the others. When they're gone, they're gone.
Alessar
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Konishi Ryousei
My boom: K-Dramas

Post by Alessar »

I liked it. I want the shirt-thing with cherry blossoms the main guy was wearing.

Lunagel I liked your translation choice there with Icon. Well done.

Timing does seem to be an interesting point. 99 days is roughly three months. Normally KR episodes seem to be roughly related to the real calendar time (with 2 parters matching up to 2 days followed by a couple weeks). They may not be able to do that - in fact it looks summery there, the show should never look like it goes as long as winter unless the 15/99 thing is not the overarching series goal but just a first half. And that would actually be interesting - if he can fully revive at the mid point of the show and then some bigger threat comes along that would be good.

I can't believe the bundled fishcake commercial already spoilered his first couple forms. I suppose in Japan everything there is to know about the new show was on full blast for the previous 2 months already.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

On a more nitpicky note... Way to destroy a super important artifact of Japanese History by turning the crossguard of one of Musashi's swords into an eyecon... got a worrying feeling this won't be the first historical artifact to get used... Though I do wonder if the 15 eyecons will mean 15 Ghost forms, or, if they split them a second or even third Rider, how many each one will get.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Renigami wrote:Not too fond of the bike though, and amongst being the showy first episode, had to fit in bike-fu too.
Speaking in general here, not just at you, but after a year of a car rider, are we really griping that a Rider has a motorcycle again?
msf232
Faiz
Dreamy: 민지여신
Favorite Band: Dreamcatcher
My boom: Nothing definite, changes from time to time
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by msf232 »

Saw some good CGI (for the first time in tokusatsu) for the Parka ghosts.
Which font did you use for the Ganma dialogs? It's pretty cool...
Last edited by msf232 on Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Finished:
Dairanger, Shinkenger, Kyoryuger–キングオージャー
Kuuga–Geats
Nexus, R/B
Ryukendo, Rescue Force
スパイダーマン
CH THE LIVE
Akibaranger, Akiba S痛
Wakusaver S2, Jyuukaizar
CPH GandD
Akari
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: KR Faiz/Ryukendo
2nd Favorite Series: GARO
Dreamy: Yuria Haga(Mari/Mio)
Favorite Actor?: Shouma Yamamoto
Favorite Band: JAM Project
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Tokusatsu!!
Quote: Ultimate Ryukendo! Raijin!

Post by Akari »

Alessar wrote:I likeoverarching series goal but just a first half. And that would actually be interesting - if he can fully revive at the mid point of the show and then some bigger threat comes along that would be good.
Thats my first thought. Since every Hesei Rider, as far as I can remember, took place over one year. So either they plan to change that or more likely the 15 Eyecons is only the first story arc.
Alessar wrote:I can't believe the bundled fishcake commercial already spoilered his first couple forms. I suppose in Japan everything there is to know about the new show was on full blast for the previous 2 months already.
Thats Japan for you. I stopped watching the Episode previews because they show everything. Like Drive Type Tridoron debut and Chases demise.

Thanks to guile_bio for his help with the sig and gif

Return to “Kamen Rider Ghost”