Kaigan KR Ghost 09

G-g-ghosts?!
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Ghost Wiki Link

< Drive | Ghost | Ex-Aid >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:47 am

☆☆☆☆☆
36%
☆☆☆☆
45%
☆☆☆
18%
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 11
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Kaigan KR Ghost 09

Post by takenoko »

<Previous Ep
Wiki Article
Next Ep>

Last week's poll rating: 4 (4 votes)
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: Kaigan KR Ghost 09

Post by Lunagel »

They reallllly want to get people in to see the new Movie Taisen movie, don't they? That was the second-most blatant product placement I've ever seen and the only reason it's not number one is because last week's is.

Summary of this week's episode: Takeru wants to find answers. Taker goes to search for answers. Answering person runs away. Rinse and repeat.

Also, that was a ridiculously fast change of heart for the professor but they fixed that problem of having the plot resolve itself too quickly pretty fast.

So I'm 90% certain that Javert is named after the Les Mis character due to similarities in dress/characteristics, but "javer" means "bleach" in French and that could be a reference?

And yes, the tanka does work in English, go me.

Some of our comments in the script:
Spoiler
Dialogue: 0,0:06:31.79,Dialogue,10 years ago... {Kamen Rider ghost, 10 years after}

Dialogue: 0,0:15:18.86,Dialogue,Look at this. It's the last page of the professor's notebook.{MUST. KILL. GILLIGAN.}

Dialogue: 0,0:16:31.98,Dialogue,I had only one man I could call friend.{The rest I called lovers}

Dialogue: 0,0:17:28.01,Dialogue,Believe in the possibility of humanity!{Kumbayyah, my Lord, Kumbayyah}

Dialogue: 0,0:17:36.48,Dialogue,I will come again.{to judge the living and the dead}

Dialogue: 0,0:17:41.46,Dialogue,You're very similar to your father. {Except for your eyes, Harry. You have your mother's eyes}{Give them back; she needs them!}

Comment: 0,0:22:46.63,Default,Belt,Pyramids are not triangles they are actually triangular~{I can see Russia from my house!}

Dialogue: 0,0:25:24.32,Yurusen,I wonder if she's cute?{ECCHI}

Dialogue: 0,0:25:50.26,Dialogue,I will bring back Kanon. {SL: Can't you wish Takeru back to life and then bring her back? And even if they're like Dragon Balls, all you have to do is go gather them again.}

Dialogue: 0,0:26:20.36,Dialogue,Everything is going according to my plans. {SL: TL note: Plans = Keikaku}
TokuCasual
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by TokuCasual »

Another 4 for me.

I'm enjoying this show more and more each week. Even though not much seem to happen in this episode, it did progress the plot. Now that Takeru and Akari know about Makoto's goal and Kanon's fate. The prince reveal his goal, his commander appear. It's all going as plan, as Saionji puts it. Next episode should be very interesting.
FirenOh
Vaglass
Vaglass
Favorite series: Ex-Aid
2nd Favorite Series: Timeranger
Favorite Actor?: Mio Kudo
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Hoshimachi Suisei
Type: INTP Architect

Post by FirenOh »

I'm really digging Takeru finally learning stuff and being decisive and resolute. It's pushing the plot forward and matches Benkei's demeanor to boot. Makoto struggling a bit also felt pretty good to watch, even though he's my favorite character so far. GekiChopper's back, and this time a some sorta Ganma servant/general to Alan, implying there some sort of royalty in Ganma Hell. Hope to see more of that.

Ghost is shaping up to be really great rider series. Thanks for subbing it, guys!
"Absence diminishes little passions and increases great ones, as wind extinguishes candles and fans a fire." -Walt Whitman
Yes, you are certain Walt Whitman said that. One hundred percent positive.
Shipuujin
Infinity
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by Shipuujin »

Now that all 15 Eyecons are available, that probably means that the series won't be as rushed now that the Eyecon plot is out of the way.

So Professor Igarashi might have some answers. It seems that he might be alive considering how Takeru asked Onari to protect Igarashi.
Really liking how the Luminary links into the plot quite well. Really like the Benkei form as well. It's nice that the finisher uses some of the weapons that Benkei supposedly collected. It's a nice touch.

I'm predicting that Takeru will give his Eyecons to Makoto and help Kanon get revived instead of using them for himself. But I wonder how that would work considering that would equate his eternal death.

Series is getting really good. Hope the pace stays great.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

New form is kinda lame looking, although I'm still digging the versatility of Ghosts weapon.
wisdomcat
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by wisdomcat »

kind of overwhelmed by the amount of gadgets that Ghost has. I mean the toys helps support the show, I'm pretty sure drive had a lot of toys cause of small cars not to mention Fourze and his forty astroswitches :\
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Lunagel wrote:They reallllly want to get people in to see the new Movie Taisen movie, don't they? That was the second-most blatant product placement I've ever seen and the only reason it's not number one is because last week's is.
Granted, the whole purpose of the show is to sell toys. But they overdid it there...
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Is it really any worse than Drive eating up a lot of episode time with Chase getting his driver's license and human!Krim.. only to go "No sorry, not important, it's ~movie promotion~"?
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

I feel like it wasn't quite as blatant. It did kinda tie into the show a little bit and the license stuff was actually kinda cute. This is just wham bam thank you audience.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Lunagel wrote:I feel like it wasn't quite as blatant. It did kinda tie into the show a little bit and the license stuff was actually kinda cute. This is just wham bam thank you audience.
Agreed. Drive had tact. This was shoving an ad down our throats.
Fat D
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva

Post by Fat D »

Javert in Kamen Rider? I thought he died by plunging into a river.
Mxylv
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Daisuke Terai
Favorite Band: GaGaalinG
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all.

Post by Mxylv »

Let me see...
Mysteries: check; character development: check; Onari telling someone else to be quiet without yelling himself: check (wow!).
Despite my earlier doubts, I'm really liking the world-building here; there's more and more being told about the Ganma world while we still don't know exactly what it is. It's also good to know that all 15 eyecons have been located; I wonder if Toei will put more work into the individual episodes once the basic setup is done.
Preview:
Spoiler
The next episode looks epic. Looks like things will seriously speed up in either that episode or the one after it.
Watching:
Kamen Rider Kuuga, Gotchard

Watched:
KR W, Gaim, Ghost - Build, Geats
Ultraman '66, Leo, Great, Nexus - U7X, Ginga - Blazar
Donbrothers
GS Sho, HwTM, Dogengers S1-4
When in doubt,
Fat D
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva

Post by Fat D »

Mxylv wrote: Preview:
Spoiler
The next episode looks epic. Looks like things will seriously speed up in either that episode or the one after it.
Spoiler
As if we needed any more speeding up.

Movie preview:
Spoiler
Yay, Chase is back. And Heart, too.
chcoman123
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Double
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Vidya Gams
Quote: Saa, omae no tsumi o kazoero! - Kamen Rider Double

Post by chcoman123 »

"Hey guys, I had this great idea for an episode."

"Shoot."

"Ok so Takeru goes to get answers, and finds the one person that is both alive and kind enough to tell him what he wants to know about his dad, but he dies at the end to stop the secret coming out, after the two spend the episode building up a great friendship!"

"Sound great!"

"Thanks!"

"But you have to know, we're going to take several minutes for both comedy relief and advertising that will in no way serve the plot at all. So we're going to have to rush the relationship."

"But..."

"Screw it, have Takeru say his catch phrase and have the scientist remember his father saying it so that they will become friends. Then kill him."

"But sir..."

"DON'T CARE! DO IT!"

Return to “Kamen Rider Ghost”