Kaigan KR Ghost 16

G-g-ghosts?!
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Ghost Wiki Link

< Drive | Ghost | Ex-Aid >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:08 am

☆☆☆☆☆
79%
☆☆☆☆
16%
☆☆☆
5%
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 19
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: Kaigan KR Ghost 16

Post by Lunagel »

xanzerxiii
7X
Quote: Nn~ Aah~ Ecstasy!
Type: INTP Architect

Post by xanzerxiii »

Ah, that makes sense, he also reminds me of that Pokemon character Alain, their name are pronounced the same
I will never give up ze yo!
Fat D
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Type: INTP Architect

Post by Fat D »

Plus a french name fits Javert.
Speaking of Alain and Javert, Alain was also the name of an original character in the Japanese Les Mis anime adaptation Shōjo Cosette, also pronounced Aran.
Masked Rider
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Super Sentai
Dreamy: Shinkenyellow
Favorite Actor?: Ayumi Kinoshita
Favorite Band: Ayumi Hamasaki
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: Shadow Kick!!!

Post by Masked Rider »

Even though I don't care for Alan/Alain, I really liked his henshin brace and suit. Very nice color combination.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Does anyone know what's up with the new mooks? Are we doing another NInninger style transition where the old mooks are being thrown out early in the season for some reason?
Masked Rider wrote:Even though I don't care for Alan/Alain, I really liked his henshin brace and suit. Very nice color combination.
I like the body of the suit as well. It's a nice contrast to Ghost and Specter. However the helmet is awful; as someone else already pointed out, it looks like a diving mask. Rider helmets vary in practicality, but that one is without a doubt the last practical of them all.

As for the brace, it looks nice. But not unlike the helmet, it's one of the least practical devices we've seen in ages. Absurdly large henshin devices seems to be a theme of this series.
Sefiros
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Decade
Dreamy: Coto Pablo
Favorite Actor?: Kevin Sorbo
Favorite Band: Various
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Henshin
Quote: "Life must be experienced, not taught."

Post by Sefiros »

I'm worried about the show's pace. It's only sixteen episodes in and all of the transformation Eyecons have been used.
Spoiler
Maybe if the Riders traded Eyecons, things would be interesting, but before you know its the final forms will come in and we'll have a good twenty episodes to go.
TokuCasual
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by TokuCasual »

@Sefiros

I'm glad they're getting all the Eyecons transformations out of the way. If anything, I'm worried there's too many Eyecons and not enough plot. Especially if the Eyecons come with their own mini plots. It's a bit crowded. Not to mention Onari taking up screen time clowning about. Hopefully once it get to 20 the plot kicks in and stay that way.
Victormaru
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Kaoru
Favorite Actor?: Mika Hijii
Favorite Band: m-flo
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: GARO
Quote: In the end, I am Eternal.

Post by Victormaru »

Necrom is pretty badass but I'd like to see Aran dish out more beatdowns while in human form 'cause that's something you rarely see. I want to think that he'll eventually become a good guy like what happened with Kamen Rider Chase in the Drive series, but I can't see that happening. Especially with the way Necrom's power works. Unless the entire concept gets a change if it does happen.

Also, does this make Aran the first Kamen Rider ever to transform without a belt? This opens up many new possibilities for future Riders since he had broken the tradition.
dgk3593
It's not even funny
It's not even funny

Post by dgk3593 »

Victormaru wrote:Necrom is pretty badass but I'd like to see Aran dish out more beatdowns while in human form 'cause that's something you rarely see. I want to think that he'll eventually become a good guy like what happened with Kamen Rider Chase in the Drive series, but I can't see that happening. Especially with the way Necrom's power works. Unless the entire concept gets a change if it does happen.

Also, does this make Aran the first Kamen Rider ever to transform without a belt? This opens up many new possibilities for future Riders since he had broken the tradition.
He is far from being the first one though. Not counting movie-exclusive riders, there are 3 in Agito, all riders in Hibiki, 3 in Kabuto, and 1 in Decade all transform without a belt.
Keytotruth
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Alignment: Lawful Evil

Post by Keytotruth »

msf232 wrote:Just asking takenoko, what is the pun you're talking about?
The pun is that メガウルオウド (Megauruoudo) can be read as 目が霑う (Me ga uruou) which means "My eyes are moisty/getting wet".

Also, lol at the cameramen at 19:14 on Ghost's helmet reflection. They should have double checked that. xD
Iccirrion
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
Favorite Band: 和楽器バンド
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Tokusatsu
Quote: Um, God, your seatbelt.
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by Iccirrion »

Am I the only one really liking the soundtrack for Ghost? As it is I don't actually mind there not being any insert songs yet.
Victormaru
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Kaoru
Favorite Actor?: Mika Hijii
Favorite Band: m-flo
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: GARO
Quote: In the end, I am Eternal.

Post by Victormaru »

Iccirrion wrote:Am I the only one really liking the soundtrack for Ghost? As it is I don't actually mind there not being any insert songs yet.
If you're talking about the new theme song that plays whenever Necrom appears, I'm diggin' it as well. It's something fresh to hear.

Now I'm hoping Necrom makes it into the new Battride War Genesis game on PS4. At least as DLC afterwards, since he appeared way after the game's production. Same as what they did with Kamen Rider Beast in the first Battride War game and Zangetsu in Battride War II. I've been waiting for that game since the announcement a few years ago.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Necrom looks pretty good except for that stupid diver's mask.

Speaking of eyewear, it was really odd to have Akari and the other two not wearing safety glasses since she tried to smash the Eyecon with the hammer but yet have them when she was using the power saw.
Bomyne
Go Go!
Favorite series: Zi-O
2nd Favorite Series: Drive
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Kamen Rider Zi-O
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Bomyne »

Rifaz wrote: I wonder why I get the feeling that Alain guy might become an ally later on...
I can't foresee the future, but I do have to note that not all Riders become allies. Obvious example being
Spoiler
Duke and Siguard from Gaim

That said, he does seem to give the Hero's position some serious thought. It will be interesting to see what happens.

Return to “Kamen Rider Ghost”