Kaigan KR Ghost 39

G-g-ghosts?!
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Ghost Wiki Link

< Drive | Ghost | Ex-Aid >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:50 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
6%
☆☆☆☆
13%
☆☆☆
50%
☆☆
31%
No votes

Total votes: 16
LeoArchon
Why are we all 15?
Why are we all 15?
Favorite series: Final Fantasy
2nd Favorite Series: Super Sentai
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Total War: Shogun 2
Quote: "To be forgotten is worse than death." -Freya Crescent, Final Fantasy IX

Re: Kaigan KR Ghost 39

Post by LeoArchon »

*sigh* And the show just shot itself in the foot. Thanks, Billy the Random Kid!

The first misstep was having Alia's debut fight result in a defeat. That is a faux pas by toku standards, I should think; introduce a new fighter by having them be defeated? To judge from the preview from last week, I thought she and Edith were going to come to blows, which I would have found interesting, considering the tension shown between them in that episode.

Then there's the whole thing with the body-switching. I knew it would probably happen at some point (this is a toku series, after all), but my God are the characters being utter morons, Takeru especially! They automatically assume that, because Mayu is in her father's body, that her father is in hers. None of them seem to realize that the Ganmaizer acting oddly, as well as 'Mayu's robotic behavior can be easily explained!

Also, random Ultima during the episode's big fight scene is random. Was it Jairo, was it some random Ganma that got lucky? Ultima used to be something used by the Ganma elite, so who the censored is it?!

One last thing: did I miss something during Alain's training period? Where did the new weapon for Necrom come from? I distinctly remember him being a brawler up until that point.

Overall, not a good episode. To think that the best part was the first thing I complained about... that says something, and it's not good.
Fat D
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Type: INTP Architect

Post by Fat D »

ViRGE wrote:
Leonsagara wrote: I think Igor should be dead. If not, they better explain how on earth he survived Mugen's power when even the Ganmaizer can't.
Actually now that I think of it, he can't be dead. That was his eyecon form running around; his body is still back in the Gamna World. Still, for his first real defeat, it was treated in a very low key manner.
Same with Alia, right?

But yes, I totally agree with Leonsagara's spoiler-tagged prediction. With that one voice line, it becomes obvious.

Also: What the hell did that sketchy guy that wound up wounded have for the dad?
eijiman
IXA

Post by eijiman »

first the most important, the slap, I liked them.

Akari's slap is comedic.
Aria's Slap was serious, her voice there was actually scary.
Takeru's slap like all the fight was to demonsrate the difference in power levels between the two, it was a really humilliating beating for Igor this time.

About billy, there is something that has been bothering me since first appearance, As far as i remember Billy was not considered that skilled. He shot a guy in the back and that was pretty much everything. But I liked Billy Kanon, she had a lot more attitude that way.

And i can't blame Takeru for not realising the Ganmaizer was the cop, I actually did not realized it until you said it.
Ashki
Mega
Favorite series: no such thing
Dreamy: Mele

Post by Ashki »

Fat D wrote:Also: What the hell did that sketchy guy that wound up wounded have for the dad?
This is a kid's toku, so obviously the "shady business" is that Mayu's dad is getting hold of some special gift for her. If it's not a trope, it ought to be by this point.

I gave this a 4, but only because of the revelations at the beginning. We now have a crapload of new facts that entirely change the course of the story. Just in case anyone didn't catch the full implications of Aria's speech, I'll spoiler this:

Spoiler
Alain's family somehow get transported to the Ganma realm. Their mother's death, followed by that of the brother lead to the desire to make a "perfect world". Only this world was meant to be simly one without illness or death. By placing the entire population into stasis, they're able to live out their lives via the eyecons. The Necrom eyecons appear to be a family thing, but Aria hasn't been in battle, so she's not powered up. Her intent was merely to show her brother how serious she is and slap some sense into him. The Ganmaizers make short work of her, but I think that was also part off her intent. As Adel's sister, getting slammed might wake him up. And even if not, by letting her eyecon be destroyed, she can return to her physical body and head for the Human world. alain's much more likely to trust her if she's in a physial body, after all.

Obviously, their father was tricked into remaking the Ganma World as it is, and I think the Sennin/Edith twins are smehow responsible. In fact, I think the defective Ganmaizer gave us our big clue. Edith and Sennin may well be two sies of the same coin, but the catalyst which separated them may have to do with the use of the Ganmaizers' power. Edith's hesitation in this case might be because he sees an oppourtunity to find out how to re-splice his serious and playful sides. Of the three Ganma Powers, we now know the original "perfect world" was noble, but misguided. Adel's world is that of an iron fist, with one will directing it all to prevent dissention. In other words, a hive mind of sorts. Edith's idea of a perfect world, however, remains unknown. I would be willing to bet he's the actual leader of the Ganma, though, and his goal is some sort of evolution (hence Sennin's interest in Takeru). It also seems more and more as though the Ganmaizer were meant to be a defense system that have somehow gone wrong. The fact that the invasion of Earth was planned 10 years prior doesn't necessarily contradict this, as I'm betting Alain's family are actually Human.

I could be wrong, considering how shoddy the writing's been of late, but I really think the one to watch isn't Adel.
Fave | Least Fave Series so far
KR: AgitΩ or Zero-One | Drive
SS: unsure | Maskman
UM: Nexus | Ultra Q
Sentai: Akiballion: Battlemaids of Akihabara | Buddha Man
Other Toku: possibly Shinigami no Ballad | probably Sci-Rop
Rifaz
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Rifaz »

Random drama one after the other... yawningly boring.
"There was a ticking time bomb strapped to her chest... That's why she has a dynamite body!!" - Amakusa Shino
darkmage02
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider 555
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Ryuki
Dreamy: Miu from Fourze
Favorite Band: The GazettE
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: DIGIMON!
Quote: I devour your dreams as I watch you despair.

Post by darkmage02 »

Ashki wrote: I could be wrong, considering how shoddy the writing's been of late, but I really think the one to watch isn't Adel.
What if..... in the end, fed up with all the slapping and humiliation, Igor double triple cross everyone and becomes the main big bad in the finale :O
Complete. Start Up. 3. 2. 1. Time Out. Reformation.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Ashki wrote:<snip>
A lot of that was actually in the show before now (we now know {Adonis'} perfect world being "noble, but misguided. Adel's world is that of an iron fist"; also, "Only this world was meant to be simly one without illness or death*. By placing the entire population into stasis, they're able to live out their lives via the eyecons.").. I guess placing it all in info-dump form makes it easier though, somehow.

*I mean, there was a whole episode or two about Takeru and then Alain (him in the episode where Adonis died) freaking out how people dying in Ganma World wasn't supposed to happen and how unnatural it was coming off.
Ashki wrote:]It also seems more and more as though the Ganmaizer were meant to be a defense system that have somehow gone wrong.
I think Sennin alluded to that when he met Makoto and Alain, though? Talking about how the Ganmaizer were supposed to protect the Great Eye but something's gone wrong now.
Ashki
Mega
Favorite series: no such thing
Dreamy: Mele

Post by Ashki »

Aye,, we've actually ha little hints and mentions throughout the series, but not until Aria's rant did a lot of the pieces fall together. It looks as though the coming mini episoes will shed some further light upon the backplot. I've tried really hard to pull together the whole story, but this series has made it very difficult because of how the writing's all across the board.

I really think they were trying to recreate Gaim with this show, and it's fallen flat on its face. Gaim was very good at leaving clues throuughout the series as to the underlying plot. Ghost... well... It keeps forgetting aabout the obvious plot arcs, let alone the underlying plot. with ten or so eps left, they shouldn't have tried to cram it all into one short speech. I'm pretty sure most viewers missed half of the details, even if they caught the handful of clues given earlier in the show.
Fave | Least Fave Series so far
KR: AgitΩ or Zero-One | Drive
SS: unsure | Maskman
UM: Nexus | Ultra Q
Sentai: Akiballion: Battlemaids of Akihabara | Buddha Man
Other Toku: possibly Shinigami no Ballad | probably Sci-Rop
Mxylv
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Daisuke Terai
Favorite Band: GaGaalinG
Quote: Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all.

Post by Mxylv »

I like the fact that there was a cold opening this time (although, while the hint that Edith has his own suit is neat, I also found Aria's Necrom moment quite disappointing on Toei's part), and I'm glad the last episode wasn't the final appearance of the Eyecons (and it's also nice to know that Takeru hasn't forgotten he can turn invisible). That said, the main weakness of the episode for me is once again that the comedy feels forced; Sennin is seeming less funny as he goes along, and I didn't find the comic relief ganmizer to my liking at all. Makoto's storyline continues to be my favorite point of the arc so far, though, and his and Kanon's added backstory are a fantastic addition that would have been a lot better if Kanon had a reaction that consisted of more than "Oniichan" <--(basically everyone knows this). If Igor is gone, I also felt it was a disappointing end to him; there wasn't anything on a philosophical level (whereas his cold, utilitarian logic in his debut made him a much more interesting villain), just another Mugen finisher. Overall, I found the episode quite good compared to the rest of Mugen's run, but it still needs to figure out the comedy and strengthen their female characters (emotionally and literally).

Next episode:
Spoiler
I wonder if this and next episodes are simply movie promo material, or if we're going to have a new main antagonist. Probably just the former, but I'm not going to object to a new villain.

Anyone else notice Teshima looks like Javert with Takeru's hair photoshopped on?
Watching:
Kamen Rider Kuuga, Gotchard

Watched:
KR W, Gaim, Ghost - Build, Geats
Ultraman '66, Leo, Great, Nexus - U7X, Ginga - Blazar
Donbrothers
GS Sho, Dogengers S1-4
When in doubt,
Draccy
7X
Favorite series: One Piece
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider
Dreamy: Nico Robin
Favorite Actor?: Liam Neeson
Favorite Band: T-Pistonz+KMC
My boom: Kamen Rider

Post by Draccy »

Aria continuing the trope.
Spoiler
Female rider? Well, they're going to die or something

When will Yurusen actually have a point? I mean, yea he summons the vehicles, but like... is that it?
I feel like he's going to matter in one of these remaining episodes, and I hope it is something good.

Return to “Kamen Rider Ghost”