Kaigan KR Ghost 45

G-g-ghosts?!
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Ghost Wiki Link

< Drive | Ghost | Ex-Aid >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:06 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
20%
☆☆☆☆
20%
☆☆☆
40%
☆☆
No votes
20%

Total votes: 15
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Kaigan KR Ghost 45

Post by takenoko »

<Previous Ep
Wiki Article
Next Ep>

Last week's poll rating:n 2.69 / 5 (16 votes)
Zychotic
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Inoue Masahiro
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Re: Kaigan KR Ghost 45

Post by Zychotic »

This is my first time watching a Kamen Rider show week to week and I forget how they tend to drag out the last story arc. I usually just watch the last 10 episodes in one sitting so I don't notice it as much. This time I just feel like I'm counting down the last 6 episodes.

This episode....had a little bit of plot development. It seems the key to defeating Adel is making him remember his mum. If they don't do that, then everyone and everything will turn into Adel. Gosh Adel is the biggest egomaniac ever.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Takeru: *fights*
Makoto: *fights himself*
Alain: *fights minions*
Akari: *sciences*
Onari: *Alain's moral support*
Shibuya&Narita: *Onari's moral support*
Kanon: I'm gonna do what I can! *buys takoyaki and almost gets kidnapped/killed*

Find the useless character(s).
nanamarfo
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Ex-Aid
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Dreamy: Yuki Jojima
Favorite Band: RIDER CHIPS
Quote: "My life is burning bright!" -Takeru Tenkuji

Post by nanamarfo »

So many questions... and this interests me.

Main one - What happened to Takeru's Mother and is she that voice?

1.What happened Toei? No EX-AID promo?
2.No Front page post, guys.
NOMarfo
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Lunagel wrote:Takeru: *fights*
Makoto: *fights himself*
Alain: *fights minions*
Akari: *sciences*
Onari: *Alain's moral support*
Shibuya&Narita: *Onari's moral support*
Kanon: I'm gonna do what I can! *buys takoyaki and almost gets kidnapped/killed*

Find the useless character(s).
What is "everyone on that list below Akari" with "Adel's sister" thrown in for good measure?
Mxylv
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Daisuke Terai
Favorite Band: GaGaalinG
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all.

Post by Mxylv »

It feels like they're trying to throw in more character moments after realizing all the missed opportunities they had earlier. First Onari feeling like he wasn't a part of the team in the last episode (which is understandable, but it really needed more resolving than a few sentences from Akari), then Akari feeling useless here (rather inexplicably, as she rarely had a sign of such frustration earlier). On the other hand, though, it's great to see that Sennin hasn't forgotten he can be serious.

Oddly enough, I think "I'll cheer everyone up with Takoyaki power" is Kanon's best line in the series. It's the biggest show of her personality any personality I've seen from her (or at least it sure beats her previous lines). I'm also curious what made the other Makoto keep away from capturing Kanon.
Watching:
Kamen Rider Kuuga, Gotchard

Watched:
KR W, Gaim, Ghost - Build, Geats
Ultraman '66, Leo, Great, Nexus - U7X, Ginga - Blazar
Donbrothers
GS Sho, Dogengers S1-4
When in doubt,
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Mxylv wrote: I'm also curious what made the other Makoto keep away from capturing Kanon.
Presumably he's a bit too Makoto.
eijiman
IXA

Post by eijiman »

Well, Kanon went from being silent to speak nonsense... Takoyaki power? Really?

Also if i remember, if the ganmas possesed someone for more than a few hours or days (Can't remember), their possesion became unbreakable, why was bills saved so easily?
Mxylv wrote:II'm also curious what made the other Makoto keep away from capturing Kanon.
Probably he has some of Makoto's memories and Feelings, so killing the person who he loves the most is really hard for him.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

eijiman wrote:Well, Kanon went from being silent to speak nonsense... Takoyaki power? Really?

Also if i remember, if the ganmas possesed someone for more than a few hours or days (Can't remember), their possesion became unbreakable, why was bills saved so easily?
Mxylv wrote:II'm also curious what made the other Makoto keep away from capturing Kanon.
Probably he has some of Makoto's memories and Feelings, so killing the person who he loves the most is really hard for him.
Maybe Sennin can proclaim that Alain, by following his heart, has leveled up to where he can kick out a ganma no matter how long it has occupied a host?

Maybe the other Makoto realized that Kanon is a phantom thief and could steal his eyecon and replace it with a Takoyaki ball before he could realize it?
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Really dragging this shit out to meet the episode quota.

Now everyone is Adel. Who are the two chicks anyway?
HenshinForPie
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider OOO
Dreamy: Phillip (sigh)
Favorite Actor?: James MacEvoy
Favorite Band: Florence and the Mac
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Noragami
Quote: "Sometimes we all need to give in to the madness."
Nostalgia Critic-Kickassia
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by HenshinForPie »

Adel: Resistance is futile. You will become one with my Adelness.

An OK episode, but the pacing issues (which have been a problem all season) are really starting to show. Character development shoved in for some characters while others get zip. I like the idea of Takeru becoming less and less human as he reaches the end of his countdown, though. Also, I have a nasty feeling his promise to Akari is going to go unfulfilled. Maybe he can come back, but because he spent so much time "dead" or because his power is so strong, he's not quite human. Or, someone else will have to sacrifice their life to save him.

Side Note: I remember last episode, I honestly thought the monolith was getting a contact lens of its own as part of Demia control. That would have been hilarious!
Gao
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: OOO

Post by 453145 »

eijiman wrote:Also if i remember, if the ganmas possesed someone for more than a few hours or days (Can't remember), their possesion became unbreakable, why was bills saved so easily?
According to episode 8, it needs to be in the host for 99 days, maybe seems a little for a show but according to the show we haven't reached 200 days.
eijiman
IXA

Post by eijiman »

453145 wrote:
eijiman wrote:Also if i remember, if the ganmas possesed someone for more than a few hours or days (Can't remember), their possesion became unbreakable, why was bills saved so easily?
According to episode 8, it needs to be in the host for 99 days, maybe seems a little for a show but according to the show we haven't reached 200 days.
Wow, you indeed have a good memory. Yeah i just checked that and yes it was 99 days. So everything is fine it seems.

On other note while checking that out, i noticed how different was ghost at the beggining, IMO much better than is now.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Catastrophe wrote:Really dragging this shit out to meet the episode quota.

Now everyone is Adel. Who are the two chicks anyway?
Frey and Freya from the Rider Spirits YouTube miniseries. No, watching it won't explain why they're there.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

eijiman wrote:i noticed how different was ghost at the beggining, IMO much better than is now.
Personally, I don't really click with why people say Ghost was better at the beginning. The first cour/12-13 episodes of the series was just gathering toy sales and then bumping off a villain, which doesn't sound all too interesting to me. If it had continued like that for the whole show, I personally feel that it would've been rather boring and prolly been complaining alongside you guys.

Sure, it's not anywhere higher than mid-tier now imo but at least there's something more to remember.

Return to “Kamen Rider Ghost”