Ratings Poll: Doubutsu Sentai Jyuohger

Furry Force https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1Dyqas6Sm8
Forum rules

Doubutsu Sentai Jyuohger Wiki Link

< Ninninger | Jyuohger | KyuuRanger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

How are you finding Jyuohger?

☆☆☆☆☆ It's a beast
17%
☆☆☆☆ Roar
32%
☆☆☆ Animal
39%
☆☆ Helpless animal whimper
8%
☆ Belongs in a cage!
3%

Total votes: 59
dannydice64
7X

Re: Ratings Poll: Doubutsu Sentai Jyuohger

Post by dannydice64 »

Zyuohger/Jyuohger is an epic win for me, the finale reminds me of some past sentai shows wherein the final villain has become a giant or controlling a giant mecha. They still using the same formulas as the past series.I expect it would become like Timeranger, where the Zyumen/Jyumen will return to their homeland but instead it become a good twist where 2 worlds collide and the Zyumen/Jyumen will remain here in Human World. Hopefully the next Sentai Anniversary (probably 45th) will become more epic. Rating 5/5 :D
envedges
Infinity

Post by envedges »

Nothing too amazing or too cringy, it was average for me. The story wasn't anything mind-blowing and not going to lie there's a good chuck of filler like about 15 in this show. I feel like people like this series more than Ninninger because of the characters considering how a lot of people hated Takaharu in Ninninger whereas in this show it's the opposite how people fanboying over Amu, which just leads me to believe that some people when factoring their rating score they would have characters to be a huge percentage, sometimes more so than the story, when rating the show.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

The greatest twist this series had was merging the human and animal worlds and that came in the last five minutes of the show. I feel that it would've been a stronger series if they had merged the two worlds in the beginning so they could explore the possibilities with that sooner.

Pretty by-the-books sentai. Didn't irritate me as much as Ninninger but for fuck's sake Toei, if you make a Red-centric power-up in Kyuuranger for the 5th season running I'm going to pitch a fit.
dannydice64
7X

Post by dannydice64 »

Lunagel wrote:Pretty by-the-books sentai. Didn't irritate me as much as Ninninger but for fuck's sake Toei, if you make a Red-centric power-up in Kyuuranger for the 5th season running I'm going to pitch a fit.
I hate to say this but -snip-
Last edited by Lunagel on Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: I appreciate you telling but no talking about unreleased stuff please!
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Lunagel wrote:for fuck's sake Toei, if you make a Red-centric power-up in Kyuuranger for the 5th season running I'm going to pitch a fit.
Unfortunately I fear that's the new norm. Especially as they're not going to want to create a team power-up when that means 9+ new suits.:(
redfarmer
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Kyoryuger, Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Drive
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by redfarmer »

How to make Jyuohger: come up with lots of good ideas, throw everything at the wall and see what sticks, and then watch as the series turns mediocre as it forgets to follow-up on things until the last minute.

It's a three. It was a meh series. It was fun to watch, but won't be on the top of my list to rewatch like Gokaiger, Shinkenger, or Kyoryuger.
Watched:
Dairanger, Kakuranger, Dekaranger, Magiranger, Boukenger, Gekiranger, Shinkenger, Goseiger, Gokaiger, Go-busters, Kyoryuger, Jyuohger
Ryuki, 555, Blade, Kabuto, Fourze, Wizard, Drive

Watching:
Ohranger, Kyuuranger
Den-o, Ex-Aid
PTM966666
Adventure
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Faiz
Dreamy: Mikie Hara
Favorite Actor?: Tom Hanks
Favorite Band: Coldrain
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by PTM966666 »

I guess the biggest problem with Jyuohger is that the series is too simple. All the key points and crucial battles came and finished very quick without much challenges for the team to develop. The casts and characters were fine for me, I like the Jyuman crews, Yamato was ok (too much buff though), Misao was interesting but his development took too much time; while Bado, uncle Mario, Lary, and the three Jyumans should have had more screen times and plots. For the villains, I enjoyed Bangrey and Azauld, the others were not so interesting. I liked the suit designs, the weapons are bad, the cube mech look good on show but bad on toys. In the end, I would say jyuohger is a very simple show which is probably more suitable for younger kids than older audience like me, It had its moment but soon became flat after the second half. For an anniversary series, I have watched Gaoranger, Boukenger and Gokaiger which by far this cannot be qualified as an anniversary series. Hopefully Kyuranger can make up what Jyuohger couldn't. I gave it a 3
lennyhouston16
Go Go!
Favorite series: Gaim, OOO, Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva, W, Go-Busters
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by lennyhouston16 »

I'm torn on this one because Jyuohger has been a mixture of so many things I love and hate. I love the characters but didn't like the way they were handled in majority of their character focus episodes especially after Misao came. I love the suit designs but hated the zord designs. I loved the two parters but hated most of the single episodes in between. The list goes on so I'm guessing a 3 for this season. Shockingly, I gave Ninninger a 4 overall (don't kill me guys) since I found most of it to be entertaining and that's what it all comes down to for me. Jyuohger had me up and down throughout and while there were moments I found way better than Ninninger (sorry about the constant comparison, that season is still fresh in my head), they didn't come as often.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

God... I feel like Ninninger might have been a stronger series when it comes to moment to moment enjoyment. I also gave Ninninger a 4 while I gave Jyuohger a 3.

Hear me out. While Ninninger definitely ratcheted up the annoyance values, it also wasn't just fucking boring. Ninninger had stuff I hated in it. But stuff like Yamato got better over time and it seemed like there were more moment to moment good things than Jyuohger, which didn't try for any at all.

I also liked more of the Ninninger characters. Takaharu was annoying, but even he got some good points. Nagi was adorable. You guys know I loved Kasumi being smart and Fuuka for being a cute little sister. The only ones I really weren't too fond of were Yakumo and Kinji, but even they had like acceptable character-focus episodes. (Well, a lot of Yakumo's are super bad too, when I think about it)

But look at Jyuohger. I liked Amu because she was being clever and stuff. And I liked Tusk because he's a boring nerd like me. But the whole cast was boring. It was the Yamato and Misao show, but Yamato is vanilla flavor and Misao is like a sour lemon that gets sweeter at like maybe the very last moment. Leo's a caricature and Sela's nothing. Bado is nothing. We don't even see that little boy from the movie at the end of the series. Where's his epilogue? He doesn't get one. No one who worked on this series cared about it except the special effects guys.

For a show about connections, I don't know if they really showed me any. And they certainly didn't make any connections to me.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote:God... I feel like Ninninger might have been a stronger series when it comes to moment to moment enjoyment. I also gave Ninninger a 4 while I gave Jyuohger a 3.
*readies tomatoes*
Hear me out.
*lowers tomatoes just a bit*
While Ninninger definitely ratcheted up the annoyance values, it also wasn't just fucking boring. Ninninger had stuff I hated in it. But stuff like Yamato got better over time and it seemed like there were more moment to moment good things than Jyuohger, which didn't try for any at all.
[...]
For a show about connections, I don't know if they really showed me any. And they certainly didn't make any connections to me.
I think at the end of the day, Jyuohger's problem is that it played it too safe. For Sentai junkies like us, it's a "been there, done that" kind of situation. So it's hard to impress us if you're retreading so many of the same beats.

Ninninger at least tried to do some things new. It did those things quite poorly at times - Takeru was grating, and Troll-Grandpa was a genuinely terrible person - but at least it kept us off-balance. You can at least hate Ninninger. What are you supposed to feel about a bland series like Jyuohger?

*begins throwing tomatoes*
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Attack~

of the killer tomatoes~

Attack~

of the killer tomatoes~

Oh, isn't it a pity~
Tomatoes eating the city

Can Wilbur get rid of that dumb parachute?
Izanagi_Izanami12345
Gao
Favorite series: Toqger + Shinkenger + Lupat + Gaim + Hibiki 1st Part
2nd Favorite Series: W + Build + Kyoryuger + Gobuster + GARO
Favorite Band: It changes over time, but the longest I like was Paramore
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Type: ESTP Promoter

Post by Izanagi_Izanami12345 »

For me, Jyuohger had a good start, which is a bit ruined because nothing really interesting happen, except for Gokaiger returns which not that great either...

Furthermore, the characters are lacking, the villains are lacking, the story are lacking... It's not bad, just lacked interesting factor...
Having expected for Cubal to suddenly appear again in the end and said "Hello, you just destroying my copy I created from Bangrey's hand" but no :(

Not a terrible sentai, a safe sentai... and yeah, I agree with you that at least in Ninniger we have Takaharu to hate, Yakumo to cringe, Kasumi to love, Kinji to smile at, Nagi to root for, and Fuuka to watch for her Pocari Sweat's ad :D
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Nininger definitely had things done a lot better than this series did. While I won't go so far as to say it's better, I do think Jyuohger was lame for a series that was trying to play it safe.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

I am not a sentai junkie so I cannot say "oh this wasn't as good as xyz-gers".

I enjoyed the series and will give it a 4.
Blackcondorguy
7X
Favorite series: Kamen Rider 555
2nd Favorite Series: Timeranger
Favorite Band: Dinosaur Jr
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Blackcondorguy »

Disappointing show that benefited a lot from being next to Ninninger. Ninninger was so bad that I loved Jyohger for just being ok. Kind of reminds me of how I felt after watching Star Wars Episode VII, finding it good just for not being as annoying as Episode I. Now that the dust mostly settled, I find out it lacks a lot and doesn't deliver much. Ninninger (just like Episode I) is still fucking annoying and terrible as a whole, but all in all Jyuohger (just like Episode VII) doesn't have much for it. It just wasn't hateful. Big deal.

I often compared Jyoh to Goseiger for being a rather average show but to be honest, Goseiger had a far better development and suffered mostly from following Shinkenger. Next to Ninninger, it would have seemed awesome.

If you will bear with my rambling a little longer, I think the last 2 shows prove how much people were wrong for saying that ToQger was bland, childish or uninteresting. While I do think it was a good show anyway, it seems obvious how better it was in terms of writing, storytelling, characters and entertainment. I can't help but feel that people who thought ToQ was bad got what they deserved with Ninnin and Jyuoh!

Return to “Doubutsu Sentai Jyuohger”