Rogue Three released

A genius Rider who builds everything.
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Build Wiki Link

< Ex-Aid | Build | Zi-O >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Rogue Three released

Post by takenoko »

< Preivous
Wiki

Toei at its worst. This and Brave, someone at Toei really thinks this teenage, edgelordy content is what people want. And it's just the most shallow shit.

Look at how ridiculous this is:

Look, it's not like violence is a bad thing by itself. Toei did an amazing job with the mature stuff with Amazons. It was violent, but it was also fucking thought provoking and well-written.

Rogue is your teenager making a Rider fan film in an abandoned warehouse. It doesn't add anything to the characters (or rather it makes them even worse than we knew possible). Compare this to how good Gentoku hanging out with Misora was in that Prime Rogue special. This series sucks, don't watch it.

Edit:
Luna wanted to know if this was done by the same guys as the Brave special, and we have a connection. Same director:
http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Suzumura_Nobuhiro

In fact, if you want a shitty spin off done, he seems like he's the guy who gets to do it. It doesn't seem like they trust him with the main series that much.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: Rogue Three released

Post by Lunagel »

Suzumura, you're on my shit list.

No really, what's up with this man? He did about half of Akibaranger and all of the Drive specials so I know he's capable of good stuff. I guess they just have to let him off his leash sometimes and let him do this schlock?

I watched this at 2x speed and it still felt way too long
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

It seems like any time they have something the main directors want to do, they give it to Suzumura.
http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Suzumura_Nobuhiro
I don't know where the creative power is in these specials, but it seems like Suzumura is tasked with them most of the time. He often seems paired with amateur writers for these skits, so maybe they're letting off the leash too much for these shorts? He also did the Brave special and equally pointless Snipe Episode Zero episodes.

(Thank goodness there's no Zi-O ones...)
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Zi-O has those spin offs with Shinobi and Ryuki though. Even if they aren't BD specials I bet they'll still be average.

The only good part about this whole trilogy was maybe the first part, showing Gentoku creating Faust. The rest could have been explained in a flash back in series.
Dareon
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger
Dreamy: Escape
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: Now, Count up your sins.

Post by Dareon »

Yeah. Even upon seeing it, I can accept the violence some. It seems like the lengths Evolt would go without caring, but him killing his former subordinates just really felt almost like an active attempt to make the audience hate him again. It seems really cheap and hollow and honestly disrespectful. The first special was good and Prime Rogue was a good one, but this? No thank you.

Return to “Kamen Rider Build”