Poll: What's your opinion of Lupin VS Pat?

Training up a future generation of criminals
Forum rules
LupinRanger VS PatRanger Wiki Link

< KyuuRanger | LupinRanger VS PatRanger | Ryusoulger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:48 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
50%
☆☆☆☆
34%
☆☆☆
9%
☆☆
No votes
6%

Total votes: 32
Eric
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Ex-Aid
Dreamy: Poppy Pipopapo
Favorite Actor?: Iijima Hiroki
Favorite Band: something else
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: music, cheese stuff
Quote: "Hello there." -Obi-Wan Kenobi

Re: Poll: What's your opinion of Lupin VS Pat?

Post by Eric »

For me I gave it 5 because I never seen a Sentai show like this but I have made halfway through the series and I liked it. Although I love the characters much but Noel was my fave huh. I like the thieves better than cops as usual the series has.

plz don't ruin the next Sentai series for this year :cry: :cry: :cry:
Discord: Eric the Gaming Guy#2407 | Deviantart | Tumblr

Watching: Zi-O, Saikyou Battle (Miniseries), Tokusatsu GAGAGA (Jdorama)
Completed: Gaim, ToQ, Ghost, Zyuoh, Ex-Aid, Kyuu, Build, Lupin VS Pat
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

It's crazy to me, but I was doing the maths, and I guess LVSP will be a full 51 episode series. That's heartening, since it seems like there's a lot of potential story to tell still.
Eric
Team Gaim
Team Gaim

Post by Eric »

takenoko wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:29 am It's crazy to me, but I was doing the maths, and I guess LVSP will be a full 51 episode series.
51 episode series of LVSP huh? Seems almost tied up with Wizard's 52 episodes. Nice math btw :D

takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Oh, there are 52 weeks in a year. Haha, I always forget.
CheetahLynx
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Engine Sentai Go-Onger

Post by CheetahLynx »

takenoko wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:29 am It's crazy to me, but I was doing the maths, and I guess LVSP will be a full 51 episode series.
Interesting.
I took a look, and the last sentai with more than 50 episodes was Gokaiger, so it's been a while.
CheetahLynx
I was gonna list all the series I've watched but there's a 255 character limit. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Oh well.
Eric
Team Gaim
Team Gaim

Post by Eric »

takenoko wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:15 am Oh, there are 52 weeks in a year. Haha, I always forget.
welp I really appreciate much of the math calculations

hiro9796
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: TOQger, Kamen Rider Zero One, Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger VS Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Agito, W, Zero One
Dreamy: Sinon (SAO), Megumin (Konosuba)
Favorite Actor?: Endo Aya, Shimono Hiro
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: Ah le le!

Now, count up your sins!

By the power vested in us by the Global Police, we will deal with you by force!

There's only one person who can stop you, me!
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by hiro9796 »

I gave it a 5 only because the stories and roles for Pats improved significantly and that is it, not because of the advantage-taking Lupins. They proved themselves to be quite a good Deka, deducing the info leak was from the disguised Satoru, missing humans were kidnapped to become Ganglar's mimicking skin and Lupins were Kairi and the others. Each of them are quite good.

Tsukasa while can be naive, is shown to be a strong woman and officer at heart. She is a stern beauty who knows when to make the right decision, like putting aside some bickering to prioritise defeating their enemy.

Sakuya, while I admit he is more naive than Tsukasa and kept through his beliefs, his over cheerful and boasting personality is why everyone in the police officers can get along just fine. In addition, apart from his good marksmanship, he is unexpectedly amazing when everyone else gets in the wrong page or when everyone trusted him to save people (like in Episode 11 and 36).

As for Kei-chan, he is everyone's favourite hot-blooded officer. While most people initially think he is just a stupid, hot-tempered, inexperience officer and cannot be persuaded with words, he displays improvement from episode to episode. One of the best one is in Episode 30. Do you really think the Lupins, (any one of them except Noel), who only take things and flee can take out a bunch of armed mafia gangs while fighting in civillian form and with no weapons at all? On top of that, no mask or any gadgets? No way. I don't think so. Kei-chan sure show himself being professional in handling it, since he was trained like that, get the thugs arrested and get Splash on his own efforts.

But Kairi on the other hand, downgraded into a total coward, taking the prize out of Kei-chan's hard work by throwing the calling card and take it while distracted. That is why I don't trust the Phantom thieves in this series compared to Persona 5. They are terrible and don't even care on getting things the proper way. If he suddenly appear and challenge Kei-chan for Splash, win it properly, I am sure Kei-chan would back off if he lose. If it's not because of the MOTW uses very volatile and flammable hydrocarbon gas, I am sure the outcome from episode 5 would be reversed, meaning Kei-chan will retrieve Splash with no trouble at all and fairly. That is why Kairi doesn't feel happy at the end of the episode. Because he lie to everyone around him that he did not get Splash through a proper method and end up getting himself suffer mentally. Plus, he gets along the most with Kei-chan among all the officers, which is why betraying the hot-blooded officer in the cowardly way hurts him more.

Lupins are made to be perfect from A to Z so thats why they suck. Because they don't mess things up sometimes, makes them not worth acknowledging.

If excluding the whole toy distribution (My acknowledgement of mecha was that Victory LupinKaiser uses Cyclone and Scisscors Blade as their arms, not with Splash and Magic. I don't acknowledge Siren LupinKaiser and LupinKaiser Splash Magic existed either)everything else is quite good, the plot and the story. Although yes, apart from Dogranio, who just want to watch from the sideline because he was looking for a successor, the encounter with Zamigo should be more often and if possible Pats were forced to fight him as well.

As for the characters, You got a hot-blooded, Happy-Go-Lucky, Plushies Obsessive Police Officers and a Slacker, Stoic, Noisy Phantom Thieves. Although I had to admit the major flaw was the double agent, Noel that works both sides isn't really acting like Goody even though he is easy going and serious. Even as a Double Agent, you can't really go around obviously showing that you are one-sided to the other. That makes it all the more reason people cannot trust you.

In any case, Lupin VS Pat is indeed quite the best Sentai Series since Toqger. Ninninger was too much playing around. Jyuohger felt so flat for some reason and had that Ninninger influence a bit. Kyuuranger is well, just another Gransazer mixed with Fourze's antics of overusing catchphrases. I can't really get it why Toqger is underrated. I mean, the series features a group of primary school pupils evolved so suddenly into an adult (opposite to what happen in Detective Conan where Kudo Shinichi was drugged by Gin and shrink scientifically) and fight evils. They are still young and if they are afraid you can't blame them. If they act immature, that is because they are still 7 - 12 years old children. That aside, I thought children love trains more than cubes, globes and beyblades.
Xivitai
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com

Post by Xivitai »

This thing is horrid to be honest. Supposed opposition between cops and thieves is one-sided (it would be a lot more interesting if cops got their hands on some parts of the collection). Most of upgrades go to thieves istead of being distributed evenly between teams. And thieves are not even remotely likeable. They're an example of G.I.F.T (google it if you don't know what it is).

This is the first Sentai I could not force myself to fully watch since Goseiger. And that says something, considering that there's Zyuohger with constantly depressed six ranger and Kyuranger with annoying brat ranger and Hooh Soldier (at least this guy grows on you after few episodes).
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Wow, I can't believe someone finds this series more annoying than any of the last 3 series. For me, this series is a breath of fresh air by comparison.
hiro9796
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: TOQger, Kamen Rider Zero One, Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger VS Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Agito, W, Zero One
Dreamy: Sinon (SAO), Megumin (Konosuba)
Favorite Actor?: Endo Aya, Shimono Hiro
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: Ah le le!

Now, count up your sins!

By the power vested in us by the Global Police, we will deal with you by force!

There's only one person who can stop you, me!
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by hiro9796 »

Xivitai wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:47 pm They're an example of G.I.F.T (google it if you don't know what it is)
Bro, now there are many full names available in google being abbreviated with acryonyms. Can't get what you want to say if you give such vague info like that
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

hiro9796 wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:09 am
Xivitai wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:47 pm They're an example of G.I.F.T (google it if you don't know what it is)
Bro, now there are many full names available in google being abbreviated with acryonyms. Can't get what you want to say if you give such vague info like that
For sure. I'm assuming this isn't meant to be Growing in Faith Together, but it's hard to say.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

ViRGE wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:20 am
hiro9796 wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:09 am

For sure. I'm assuming this isn't meant to be Growing in Faith Together, but it's hard to say.
My bet's on Gamete Intrafallopian Transfer or Genetically Improved Farm Tilapia
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Seems to be a Penny Arcade reference.
Also, fwiw, it has a TV Tropes page.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Go-On Macaroni wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:43 am Seems to be a Penny Arcade reference.
Also, fwiw, it has a TV Tropes page.
Ahh, the Greater Internet F-wad Theory.

The only problem with that is that it applies to Internet social interactions. So I'm not sure how that applies to the characters in a TV show?
Xivitai

Post by Xivitai »

ViRGE wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:31 pm Ahh, the Greater Internet F-wad Theory.

The only problem with that is that it applies to Internet social interactions. So I'm not sure how that applies to the characters in a TV show?
Look how they act as Lupinrangers and how they act in their civilian forms. There's an audience, they are anonimous and they ack like F-wads.

Return to “Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger VS Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger”