Lupin VS Pat 38 Released!

Training up a future generation of criminals
Forum rules
LupinRanger VS PatRanger Wiki Link

< KyuuRanger | LupinRanger VS PatRanger | Ryusoulger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:07 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
14%
☆☆☆☆
50%
☆☆☆
29%
☆☆
7%
No votes

Total votes: 14
hiro9796
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: TOQger, Kamen Rider Zero One, Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger VS Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Agito, W, Zero One
Dreamy: Sinon (SAO), Megumin (Konosuba)
Favorite Actor?: Endo Aya, Shimono Hiro
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: Ah le le!

Now, count up your sins!

By the power vested in us by the Global Police, we will deal with you by force!

There's only one person who can stop you, me!
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Re: Lupin VS Pat 38 Released!

Post by hiro9796 »

ViRGE wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:03 pm
hiro9796 wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:43 am I've been having this issue ever since episode 30. First and foremost, even in the released toy catalog before, Splash WAS supposed to be used by Pats because it even shows Ichigou using its Keisatsu Boost, formed PatKaiser Splash and the VS Vehicle turn downwards like all Trigger Machines. However, the spoiler for that debut SUDDENLY changed to Lupin Red.
Interesting. At the risk of this turning into a conspiracy theory, is it possible there were behind-the-scenes issues around the midpoint that required a minor retooling of the show? Not on the order of Go-Busters, but perhaps they couldn't figure out how to make the original story work, or market research was showing that the Lupins (and Lupin toys) were selling a lot better?
Catastrophe wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:09 pm That's the current theory. It doesn't really make any sense otherwise.
From what I can see, this is a second Kamen Rider Hibiki like series, first half better, second half all goes wrong. Honestly, I can't see any value of having Pats in the story anymore if everything onward are all Lupins, Lupins, Lupins. Where are Pats there for? If Lupins'' arch enemy can be beaten without Pats, why have the police in the first place? Why are they still separate teams and when core Pats going to confirm that the Bistrot Jurer workers were indeed core Lupins? Nothing surprise me anymore for whatever disordered plot they had after episode 25.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

hiro9796 wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:14 pm From what I can see, this is a second Kamen Rider Hibiki like series, first half better, second half all goes wrong. Honestly, I can't see any value of having Pats in the story anymore if everything onward are all Lupins, Lupins, Lupins. Where are Pats there for? If Lupins'' arch enemy can be beaten without Pats, why have the police in the first place? Why are they still separate teams and when core Pats going to confirm that the Bistrot Jurer workers were indeed core Lupins? Nothing surprise me anymore for whatever disordered plot they had after episode 25.
As far as I know they still have the same director for LvsP so I can't see this as being a Hibiki like series.

As for the Pats being stuck as the B-team, that can all change in one episode. There's that little matter of Gauche's magic mirror of truth that Kogure and Noel are terrified of. Also, what if the Pats already know that Team Jurer are the Lupins and are keeping it under wraps because they have also figured out that Kogure is the boss and want to trap him? Hilltop has 99% of the city under surveillance so it wouldn't be surprising if Kogure is on their radar. Also, there's the matter that Kairi is emo over the fact that Kei is better than him. This could lead to an angle where Kairi loses his mojo. And, there is the angle that they could do where one of the Pats could mock one of the Lupins, (or just drop it at Jurer for the staff to overhear) by saying that the Lupins are a disgrace to Phantom Thieves because they only give a couple seconds advance warning instead of naming a time and a place well in advance.

With all these possibilities, I feel that anything can happen down the home stretch.
BreadToku
Gabu

Post by BreadToku »

I would hardly go as far to say everything has 'gone wrong' in the latter half. It's undeniably frustrating how the toy-line is spitting in the Pat's faces, but the show itself is still holding strong with it's characters, which since the beginning have remained the consistently strongest aspect of this series. Not everyone needs to have a personal connection to the ongoing story, as long as everyone continues to have their moments to contribute up until the end.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

BreadToku wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:17 am
That is exactly my point, though. He has been doing all that, and this would have been a perfect time to develop past that. Since he debuted, Noel has had episodes where he bonded with the other characters, and I consider episode 25 to be when the thieves, or at least Kairi, unofficially accept him as one of their own. However, Noel has not had any such episode with the Pats and I was confident that this one would be the one to do it.

He himself acknowledges in this episode that he has been playing favourites with the thieves, so it's not like he's been a true third party. So becoming closer to the cops in turn now would have been the natural progression for the character dynamics. That doesn't really happen, at least not to the point where it balances out between the two teams.

I didn't expect to him to suddenly open up and start revealing all his secrets to the cops or anything, but I don't get the sense that they are even friends right now. That was fine early on, but at this point it really shouldn't be the case.
I think any lip service Noel does for the Pats won't make things "We're cool!" with them. I don't really care that there should be balance between the two teams. Also you don't need to be friends with a co-worker which is true in the real world. Global Police is a paying job while the Lupins are a bunch of people you like hang out in your time off from work. You're expected to work and do your job, not to be friends. It's fine that Noel and the Pats aren't friends with each other. Noel knows this and doesn't care if he's friends with the Pats or not. It would be odd to me that Noel suddenly wanted to be friends with the Pats for no particular reason. People really want the Sentai tropes so much.

Also I really don't care who gets the awesome bling.
Kamen_Rider_Shiki
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Garo
Dreamy: Malika
Favorite Actor?: Nao Nagasawa
Favorite Band: Uverworld
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Garo
Quote: "Living by supporting eachother is the game called life," so why can't I get a girlfriend?
"Nobody's Perfect," until you fall in love with them.

Post by Kamen_Rider_Shiki »

Does anyone have a problem displaying their video after torrenting it?
Favorites:
Kamen Rider - Black, Agito, W, Gaim, Drive, Ex-Aid
Super Sentai - Jetman, Megaranger, GoGo-V, Shinkenger, ToQger
Other - Garo, Ryukendo, Rescue Force
hiro9796
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: TOQger, Kamen Rider Zero One, Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger VS Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Agito, W, Zero One
Dreamy: Sinon (SAO), Megumin (Konosuba)
Favorite Actor?: Endo Aya, Shimono Hiro
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: Ah le le!

Now, count up your sins!

By the power vested in us by the Global Police, we will deal with you by force!

There's only one person who can stop you, me!
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by hiro9796 »

resop2 wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:07 pm
hiro9796 wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:14 pm From what I can see, this is a second Kamen Rider Hibiki like series, first half better, second half all goes wrong. Honestly, I can't see any value of having Pats in the story anymore if everything onward are all Lupins, Lupins, Lupins. Where are Pats there for? If Lupins'' arch enemy can be beaten without Pats, why have the police in the first place? Why are they still separate teams and when core Pats going to confirm that the Bistrot Jurer workers were indeed core Lupins? Nothing surprise me anymore for whatever disordered plot they had after episode 25.
As far as I know they still have the same director for LvsP so I can't see this as being a Hibiki like series.

As for the Pats being stuck as the B-team, that can all change in one episode. There's that little matter of Gauche's magic mirror of truth that Kogure and Noel are terrified of. Also, what if the Pats already know that Team Jurer are the Lupins and are keeping it under wraps because they have also figured out that Kogure is the boss and want to trap him? Hilltop has 99% of the city under surveillance so it wouldn't be surprising if Kogure is on their radar. Also, there's the matter that Kairi is emo over the fact that Kei is better than him. This could lead to an angle where Kairi loses his mojo. And, there is the angle that they could do where one of the Pats could mock one of the Lupins, (or just drop it at Jurer for the staff to overhear) by saying that the Lupins are a disgrace to Phantom Thieves because they only give a couple seconds advance warning instead of naming a time and a place well in advance.

With all these possibilities, I feel that anything can happen down the home stretch.
BreadToku wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:25 am I would hardly go as far to say everything has 'gone wrong' in the latter half. It's undeniably frustrating how the toy-line is spitting in the Pat's faces, but the show itself is still holding strong with it's characters, which since the beginning have remained the consistently strongest aspect of this series. Not everyone needs to have a personal connection to the ongoing story, as long as everyone continues to have their moments to contribute up until the end.
I get it though. I can see the good points of this series if you exclude the toy distribution part but man, their little tweak really gives some people the wrong first impressions and that's no doubt a fact. In any case, I'll proceed this with a neutral opinion afterwards.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

resop2 wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:07 pm
hiro9796 wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:14 pm From what I can see, this is a second Kamen Rider Hibiki like series, first half better, second half all goes wrong.
Ah, if only all weak to bad second halves could be excused through retooling.

No, for it to be a "Hibiki Screwjob", the Head Producer and Head writer would both have to be unceremoniously kicked off the show and replaced by people with little or no prior experience with the show (In Hibiki's case, Toshiki Inoue and Producer Shirakura had both worked on the Seven Senki movie but that was it until they became pinch hitters); bonus points if it happens after said producer is told to add more toys to their show and they argue against it.

The theory I have is that the show got a sudden influx of toys because Bandai was panicking due to there being no real collectible gimmick this year. So... here's a gun that will become a robot, here's a jet from outer space, Noel gets shoulder cannons! Who cares, just sell it! :lol:
Kamen_Rider_Shiki wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:12 pm Does anyone have a problem displaying their video after torrenting it?
Try running it through RapidCRC, something might have gotten borked when you downloaded it.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by resop2 »

Go-On Macaroni wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:38 pm
The theory I have is that the show got a sudden influx of toys because Bandai was panicking due to there being no real collectible gimmick this year. So... here's a gun that will become a robot, here's a jet from outer space, Noel gets shoulder cannons! Who cares, just sell it! :lol:
That would explain the Umika x Tsukasa love-love alarm clock!
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by resop2 »

There was a line in this episode that I think means a lot more than it seemed:

Tsukasa: "I am sure he (Noel) is getting his information from another source."

Could this mean that the Pats have Kogure on their radar but don't know his name yet? Or, is this a reference to French HQ?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I'd go more generic and assume that the Pats assume Noel is getting their info from the Lupins. Remember the Pats have no knowledge about the Lupins' organizational structure.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by resop2 »

Kook theory time!

When Gauche's magic mirror of truth is used it will reveal that Kogure and Noel are:

Lupin III and Mine Fujiko.

Return to “Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger VS Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger”