KR Zi-O 39 released

It's pronounced Ji Oh. AKA Kamen Rider Double Decade
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zi-O Wiki Link

< Build | Zi-O | Zero-One >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:44 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
33%
☆☆☆☆
60%
☆☆☆
7%
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 15
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Re: KR Zi-O 39 released

Post by Dengar »

You know the fact that Zi-O just uses a form obtained in the movie immediately after said movie is something I never liked. It was completely without any explanation either.

At least Fourze Rocket States happened at the end of the show, and he made a reference to the movie when he used it.

The events leading up to Den-O Climax Form also was given the proper in-series buildup, and it was clear that the movie actually happened, even if you haven’t seen the movie itself.

The way this show handles the movies and continuity is just ass.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Ssh, you'll get drop kicked by the director
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Sooo... since there's no SHT this week, how was that golf tournament?
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

I assume they made lots of slam dunks and maybe even a grand slam with bacon
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Not enough Golf Zodiarts. Rate it 1.7 out of 5 stars
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Lunagel wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:25 pm I assume they made lots of slam dunks and maybe even a grand slam with bacon
I was not expecting that answer. You almost ended up destroying my keyboard. :lol:
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

Can I just say it's huge wasted potential that we didn't get Momotaros shouting "Ore no hissatsu waza...TRINITY VERSION!".

Also, as of this episode, Momotaros has been 5 Riders, more than anyone else. Den-O, Decade, Momorider, Geiz and Zi-O.
Spoiler
He's possessing Woz next week, but it remains to be seen if he'll get to henshin as him.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
Dante ShadowRoadz
7X

Post by Dante ShadowRoadz »

Well I was a lot less disappointed with it than I thought I'd be. Pretty clear though that whoever directed FOREVER was the only capable writer on staff so of course they had to ignore everything he did and just go ham on the Imagin being mischievous and steamrolling over everyone's pace the whole while. Which granted they were always known for doing, but with the mess Zi-O already is, its one of the rare times it doesn't improve things. Much. Momotaros as usually takes the wind out of everyone's sails by hogging all the hot air himself, which given the desert of character development that is this season, was something sorely needed.

The Drive Watch issue I think is gonna be something they either ignore entirely due to episode capacity, or they'll manage to shoehorn it in by giving Sougo a taste of his full power but then time-space shenanigans will make it so the Drive Watch disappears when its current day counterpart gets near enough. Also if I didn't know better showing the dissimilar nature of Grand Zi-O versus Oma Zi-O would be a sort of set-up hint to the true nature of the conflict of kind, naive present Sougo versus uncaring, arrogant overlord future Sougo along with whatever the sideplot is with Schwartz and Tsukuyomi, but that's giving Toei wayyyy more credit than they've been due this season.

Return to “Kamen Rider Zi-O”