KR Zi-O 46 released

It's pronounced Ji Oh. AKA Kamen Rider Double Decade
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zi-O Wiki Link

< Build | Zi-O | Zero-One >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:30 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
15%
☆☆☆☆
46%
☆☆☆
31%
☆☆
No votes
8%

Total votes: 13
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Zi-O 46 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last week's Zi-O rating: 3.69 / 5 (13 votes)

Alt Title:

Were they unable to get the girl back for the cameo? lol, just hide it with weird CGi

How did White Woz know Schwartz would bring him back? Seems like kind of a gamble to bring back a guy who lost so badly that he got one shot.

Kyaaa, Geiz confesses his true feelings for Sougo.

Finally some good fucking use of Trinity.

How'd Eternal get his cape back after returning from Another World? I guess he gained the lost possibility of having a cape.

Are there more Another Worlds? Are just some of them connected to Geiz's world? Are there more people to rescue?
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Re: KR Zi-O 46 released

Post by TypicalStandUser »

The sitrep has escalated into a nightmare.

Shut it, Tablet!Woz. Tsukasa already explained how the Another World works. The plan to free the missing from said world, especially Geiz & Yukihiro, is awesome.

Katsumi, rest in peace, you glorious bastard.

And then Schwartz drops whams on Sougo. The truth behind 4/24/09, killing Aqua & presenting a Morton's Fork scenario where Sougo can lose on all presented choices.

Come on, Sougo. Screw destiny. OK episode.

A highly demanded guest star will come back to Kamen Rider. GOOD.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

So Aqua is dead, and going by the episode preview,
Spoiler
they're trying to hint Tsukasa will die. Which I call bullshit on. They will not kill off one of their favourite guest stars. I'm now more convinced than ever that in the finale, time will be re-written, and none of this will have ever happened.

Also next week we get to see Tsukasa dressing up in a king's vestments/Rider suit. Be sure to TUNE in next time for a special guest star.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Can't believe that they actually killed Aqua. Holy shit.

Eternal being a bro when he lost was pretty cool.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

Schwartz is "older" than he was when he dropped Tsukuyomi off on earth and messed with Sougo ten years ago. Therefore, Sougo can waste Schwartz one thousand ways to Sunday and nothing will happen to Tsukuyomi. His timeline will not be affected at all.
Aeikozz
Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Aeikozz »

i gotta say this much. Aqua and Eternal's Actors are amazing. Holy shit they've gotten so much better in the past 10 someish years. I can't believe they killed of Aqua. Like REAAALY??? I mean i guess it's okay since Geiz isn't going back to the bleak future anymore.

and holy shit... Decade's Another Final Kick is fucking B R O K E N. not only does it destroy aqua but it also obliterated zi-o in the process. Someone NERF that dude.

such a good episode.
Aeikozz
Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Aeikozz »

oh and it must have been fun getting to time Eternal's Final Attack once again. That brought back some memories as well.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Eternal giving the thumbs up at the end was great. This is the good shit in a crappy anniversary show.
Doublesteel
Infinity

Post by Doublesteel »

Love how very last second and tacked on Aqua's death is, almost like an after thought. Not like this show had any bad writing at all, no sir.
Spoiler
Next episode, woot woot, time they screw up another great past rider character, lets see how they wreck themselves chasing (lel) an old high
BreadToku
Gabu

Post by BreadToku »

There was a lot I liked about this one. Firstly, I was pretty pleasantly surprised to see White Woz cooperating with the heroes. Maybe it doesn't make perfect sense, but I liked that it wasn't just all about making the two Woz(es) fight.

Though the actual plan he comes up with is... kinda ludicrous. Between the dimensional-warping of the Trinity Watch (weird) and the Eternal memory's power to destory worlds (what!), it was needlessly complicated but I rolled with it pretty quick because I guess I'm just used to that kind of thing now. I didn't question that the plan didn't get rid of all the Dark Riders even though I really should have.

Speaking of Eternal, he's never been my favourite villain or anything, but it's been fun watching him. Seeing him draw in those 26 memories for a big finisher was a nice callback, and the W armour cuing W's old soundtrack briefly was a fun bit that I wished they did more often.

Now, I'm going to sound like a total dip here, but I have to admit, my favourite part of the episode is when we see what Geiz's frozen possibility is. He was so distraught over how things went with Sougo the previous episode, that what he wanted most was being able to be honest with him and tell him plainly that he wants to stay in that time, to make a new better future together.

I won't claim it was a completely earned moment since we probably haven't spent as much time or care on the character's (everyone's) development as we should have, but that moment got me good. I will actually be pretty sad if Geiz has to go back to the future or if time is reset so they never met, or whatever tragic thing that might come with saving the world.

Also Aqua's dead! I most definitely didn't see that coming. I kinda don't expect him to stay dead if only because it feels like it'd be, I dunno, disrespectful for him to die here in a guest appearance? Then again, Aqua was only ever a one-off movie appearance so I guess at this point, he can be counted as a recurring Zi-O character first and foremost. I still expect him to come back to life, but that kick he received definitely looked brutal.

There's zero chance of this show wrapping up everything in even a close to satisfying manner, but it looks like it'll continue to be an exciting time.
Last edited by BreadToku on Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
Deadrider50
Infinity
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Ghost
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Ex-Aid
Dreamy: Shijima Kiriko
Favorite Actor?: Sano Gaku
Favorite Band: DA PUMP
My boom: Download all Tokusatsu and Anime Series
Quote: I'll do it in my way. Don't butt in
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Deadrider50 »

I'm here just to say one thing. The last part where Sougo screams Schwartz's name reminds me back when Sento screamed Evolt's name in episode 47. This epiosde also features a rider's death like Build Episode 47. Have someone made a meme about this
BreadToku
Gabu

Post by BreadToku »

Deadrider50 wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:26 am I'm here just to say one thing. The last part where Sougo screams Schwartz's name reminds me back when Sento screamed Evolt's name in episode 47. This epiosde also features a rider's death like Build Episode 47. Have someone made a meme about this
It 100% feels to me like they were trying to emulate Sento shouting 'Evolt!' from last year since that was a really good and memorable scene from Build. Needless to say, Zi-O's own take on it isn't nearly punchy nor does it feel as earned or even natural.
Deadrider50
Infinity
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Ghost
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Ex-Aid
Dreamy: Shijima Kiriko
Favorite Actor?: Sano Gaku
Favorite Band: DA PUMP
My boom: Download all Tokusatsu and Anime Series
Quote: I'll do it in my way. Don't butt in
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Deadrider50 »

BreadToku wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:59 am
Deadrider50 wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:26 am I'm here just to say one thing. The last part where Sougo screams Schwartz's name reminds me back when Sento screamed Evolt's name in episode 47. This epiosde also features a rider's death like Build Episode 47. Have someone made a meme about this
It 100% feels to me like they were trying to emulate Sento shouting 'Evolt!' from last year since that was a really good and memorable scene from Build. Needless to say, Zi-O's own take on it isn't nearly punchy nor does it feel as earned or even natural.
Hmm...when you said it like that, the scene really isn't punchy and probably can't even beat Sento's shouting
Kurow
Mega
Favorite series: Ryuki
Dreamy: Rina Akiyama (Agito)
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: girls
Quote: Ore Sanjou!
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by Kurow »

Glad to see Ora getting more time on the show. I like her a lot but her character was way too simple. For some reason she reminds me to Medusa from Wizard.

Anyway the next episode is gonna be so good because "him" is back! :D
Final Vent!
Cross
Go Go!

Post by Cross »

Kurow wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:23 pm Glad to see Ora getting more time on the show. I like her a lot but her character was way too simple. For some reason she reminds me to Medusa from Wizard.

Anyway the next episode is gonna be so good because "him" is back! :D
I'll bet the writer will somehow find a way to ruin his return

Return to “Kamen Rider Zi-O”