KR Zi-O 47 released

It's pronounced Ji Oh. AKA Kamen Rider Double Decade
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zi-O Wiki Link

< Build | Zi-O | Zero-One >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:30 am

☆☆☆☆☆
35%
☆☆☆☆
35%
☆☆☆
12%
☆☆
No votes
18%

Total votes: 17
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Zi-O 47 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last week's Zi-O rating: 3.78 / 5 (9 votes)

Alt Title: Decade Dies

Weaponize Chase and Go's bromance against him.

Did they just kill Tsukasa? Wait, is that how Another ZI-O watch works? I want one. Also feel a bit annoyed at how trivial Tsukasa's death was. Feels like they could have played that up a lot more in the previews as a fake out, more so than the return of Chase.

I see now. The reason why he's Kamen Rider Two Decades now is because he has to have enough to give half to Sougo. 20 divided by 2 is 10, math adds up.

Hahaha, Decade transforming into Zi-O is undoubtedly the best part of the episode.
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Re: KR Zi-O 47 released

Post by TypicalStandUser »

Chaos & despair is the new sitrep.

Oh, Junichiro. My dear Junichiro.

Geiz is awesome. He threw a logic bomb at Chase.

That's it?? To prove his worth for the throne, Schwartz wants to save his world and damn the other worlds to oblivion? Bloody diabolical.

Masahiro Inoue and Kimito Totani in fine form this episode.

DOOM has come!!

Nice episode.

Good to hear Rikiya Koyama again. Hope he can pull out all the stops next episode!
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Now that you say it out loud, that plan is pretty daft. How does Schwartz know that his world won't just get destroyed if all the other ones get destroyed too. There's no guarantee that at least one world has to survive. Also what is destroying his world? Oh right, the writer has no idea so he keeps things vague.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

Why does Sougo still have the Grand Zi-O Watch when he gave Decade back to Tsukasa? After all, he lost it when he gave Den-O back to Momotaros.

Now that we know Tsukasa has Zi-O cards, I wanna see Final Form Ride Zi-O. Just because I want Tsukasa to mangle Sougo's body horribly.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Based on Wozs intro narrative, we are close to the endgame. Yet I don't feel like it at all. There doesn't feel like there is any real tension at all.

Decade was great, transforming into Zi-O. Hoping we see FFR Zi-O at some point.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

Catastrophe wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:23 pm Based on Wozs intro narrative, we are close to the endgame. Yet I don't feel like it at all. There doesn't feel like there is any real tension at all.

Decade was great, transforming into Zi-O. Hoping we see FFR Zi-O at some point.
Sadly we won't. The Neo Decade Driver toy only came with Kamen Rides and Final Attack Rides for Double to Zi-O. It only had Final Form Ride for Kuuga to Decade. It didn't even come with Double's despite it already existing (Although if you have the one from the CSM it will work in it).
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

Why no bananas in Schwartz's world? Is going to be like Ouran High School Host Club and Tsukasa is worried that Chibi Schwartz will slip on a banana peel and have Tsukasa be his first kiss?
Sentai_ZXR7
Infinity
Quote: Ready for the Next Challenge

Post by Sentai_ZXR7 »

Well, well, we are closing it, 2 episodes left.
The Schwartz's plot to destroy other Kamen Riders worlds, are almost identical like Kamen Rider Build, to create a new world without the Sky Wall, the worlds must collide to create a new one.
The only change here is to accommodate it to this sinister evildoer.
Toei used recycled footage of Kamen Rider Build and Kamen Rider Drive in some scenes.
BreadToku
Gabu

Post by BreadToku »

With the finale coming up soon, I think we've heard all we're getting out of our big villain's plan, and it's nonsense. I can't say I was expecting anything else, but for all the build-up last week with the characters going 'What is Schwartz up to!?', it feels especially lackluster. I'll say this, he's living up to being Another Decade what with wanting to destroy worlds and whatnot.

Actually this episode really feels like this show's equivalent of a Decade arc, or even just a Decade special. All the worlds coming together and all sorts of chaos breaking out around our cast reminds me a lot of the original Decade series. Tsukasa himself even busted out a new form change alongside that iconic soundtrack! Yeah, unlike Aqua, I didn't think for a moment he was going to stay dead so I'm glad they just quickly got past that moment. I liked that whole scene with him so much that I was barely even bothered by the fact that 'putting half his power into the watch' is also a nonsense explanation.

Another notable thing of this episode is the return of Mashin Chaser, which is so strange to me. I like Chase and it's definitely cool to see him again, but with only three episodes left of this show, it's weird that we are dedicating time to this subplot to a secondary character from a show that wasn't even a special anniversary season or anything. It's not even like it's a quick one-and-done cameo either, since it looks like he's gonna play a part in the next episode. Since he's already here, I hope he gets to turn into Kamen Rider Chaser next episode.

Grand Zi-O continues to be shockingly unimpressive for a final form ever since we moved past it's debut. I'm reminded of my feelings on Build Genius. That form's design gave the impression that it would possess the powers of all the different bottles, but it only ever engaged in simple fisticuffs with the occasional super-speed effect (which should have been RabbitRabbit's thing!). Grand Zi-O, has the power to summon riders and weapons from across twenty years of this franchise's history and what does it do in this episode?

It summons a sword, and slashes at the enemy. And then it summons a sword, and slashes at the enemy. And then it summons a gun, a gun that's most distinctive ability was firing an entire car at the enemy, and fires a generic energy blast.

The Grand Zi-O ridewatch disappears at the end (I guess it took a few minutes for it to remember that it shouldn't exist anymore), and honestly I hope it stays gone so it can stop being disappointing. Let Zi-O II or Trinity take all the glory because honestly, the three main riders saving the world feels (slightly) more earned than Sougo using the power of the past twenty riders (quite a few of whom he never even actually met).
WannaFantaMan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Legends of Tomorrow
2nd Favorite Series: Boku no Hero Academia
Dreamy: I have too many to list xD
Favorite Actor?: Kevin Conroy
Favorite Band: Hanson
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Fallout 4 and Elden Ring
Quote: AH, BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH!!! My mortal enemy!
Type: ESFJ Provider

Post by WannaFantaMan »

HowlingSnail wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:48 pm Why does Sougo still have the Grand Zi-O Watch when he gave Decade back to Tsukasa? After all, he lost it when he gave Den-O back to Momotaros.

Now that we know Tsukasa has Zi-O cards, I wanna see Final Form Ride Zi-O. Just because I want Tsukasa to mangle Sougo's body horribly.
LOLOL, that would be awesome and hilarious all at the same time, too bad it probably won't happen. Anyone else have an extreme nerdgasm when the song from Decade started playing? I was going, "is it gonna pla-AHMAHGAD IT'S PLAYING!!!" It was also super obvious that Tsukasa wouldn't be dead permanently, I mean this is the guy who died once and was brought back to life simply from having people remember him. I still ship the bromance between him and Kaitou, frenemies till the end of all things xD
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

At this point, hell if I know what's going on. Toei's writing has plenty of nonsense by default, but Zi-O's writing is double nonsense. The plot only makes slightly more sense than Decade's, and that's a very low bar to clear since Decade wasn't trying to make sense.

And no one gets any points for calling that Decade would live. That was such a ridiculous thing to put in the teaser that we all saw this coming. Though I will give the writers credit for tying in DiEnd and the Another Zi-O II watch into all of this; that's actually a bit clever.

Speaking of clever, while I doubt this was intentional, I got a good laugh at Geiz saying that he was just killing time. Given his background and wanting to kill the king of time, killing time is a fantastically terrible pun.:lol:

I also got a chuckle out of Geiz throwing a paradox at Chase in order to stop him. If he wants to think he's a computer, then that means he gets the weaknesses that come with it.
takenoko wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:30 am Wait, is that how Another ZI-O watch works? I want one.
You want a watch that, after it lets you turn back time, turns you into a vengeful, evil monster?
Hahaha, Decade transforming into Zi-O is undoubtedly the best part of the episode.
It really is. That whole bit is basically just fan service, but we've been waiting for it since Decade showed up 9 months ago.
Catastrophe wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:23 pm Based on Wozs intro narrative, we are close to the endgame. Yet I don't feel like it at all. There doesn't feel like there is any real tension at all.
Unfortunately there's really no way to build up that tension amidst the show's screwball plot. How can there be big stakes when we still don't really know the rules? :?
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

Will Decade turn Sougo into a weapon, or was that just necessary to revive an erased decade card? Will Decade surprise Schwartz with the Shinkenger sword since Schwartz is focused only on Rider stuff?
Deadrider50
Infinity
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Ghost
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Ex-Aid
Dreamy: Shijima Kiriko
Favorite Actor?: Sano Gaku
Favorite Band: DA PUMP
My boom: Download all Tokusatsu and Anime Series
Quote: I'll do it in my way. Don't butt in
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Deadrider50 »

First: Welcome back Mashin Chaser. My favourite "Mechanical Lifeform" Villain and Third Rider. I think this episode takes place after the Over Quartzer movie but how did Sougo and his friends have a time to be in that movie event because the crisis he had didn't gave him a chance to explain how the movie's takes place.And Rejoice to the one who have transformed into all of Heisei Riders (Decade). Just wondering, how did Tsukasa achieved Zi-O KamenRide card ???

Second: This episode plays a tribute to Decade series because of the combined A.R Worlds. Why did Toei decides to reuse the Decade's worlds plot ???

Lastly, it's funny that Zi-O's world end up just like a city in Kamen Rider City Wars LOL just because they put the Fuuto and Yggdrassil Tower (Did I spelled that right ?). Next episode, Third and final round against Oma Zi-O (Hope Trinity will last longer than Grand Zi-O because I saw that Oma Zi-O blocked Trinity's attack with two hand)
Sentai_ZXR7
Infinity
Quote: Ready for the Next Challenge

Post by Sentai_ZXR7 »

Without doubt, this series pays homage to Kamen Rider Decade, Den O and others, however, every episode aired up to this moment have their highs and lows.
How will Toei come up to end the series with 2 episodes left?
Black Woz in the intro said, 3 pages left, don't assume that is 3 episodes left, so in that short time we will get a messed up ending.
Gaim was excellent, even thought there were some flaws, but I enjoyed that much more than the last two series
ZiO will be remembered as a time travel gone mad series
Cross
Go Go!

Post by Cross »

Uncle will fix all the broken watches and save the day;)

Return to “Kamen Rider Zi-O”