Ryusoulger 37 released

Another dinosaur Sentai???
Forum rules

Ryusoulger Wiki Link

< LVSP | Kishiryuu Sentai Ryusoulger | Kiramager >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Mon Dec 23, 2019 6:26 pm

★★★★★
9%
★★★★
55%
★★★
9%
★★
18%
9%

Total votes: 11
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Ryusoulger 37 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Previous episode rating: 4.57 / 5 (7 votes)

Alt Title: The adventures of red boy, his dog, and his friend the gold pervert

Okay, so this is the second week in a row where I've been pleasantly surprised by an episode.

I went into this episode sorta hating it. It definitely feels like we're on previously trodden ground, and at first, it looks like a red, gold, and Tyramigo episode. It's definitely kind of a first-10-episodes stake episode airing in a last-10-episode range.

But! The episode is solid. I like that it's a combination of Melto's brains and Asuna's ears that help save the day. And Melto even gets to contribute being smart to the robo cockpit.

Initial biases aside, if this aired in the first 10 episodes it would have been a real good episode. And it's always awesome to hear "Tagire Ryusoulger".

Notes:
-Isn't that Yoshii Rei from Drive? She looks younger here than she did there

-Please don't be another red and gold episode.

-Was it me, or was it weird the way Asuna offered chips to Koh?

-What's with this series and its ad hoc characterization of Koh? Is he a control freak now too?

-I am confused, so Yoshii Rei's character is a doctor? Then why does she know about Ui's grades, that made me think that she was a teacher at the beginning of the episode. Was Ui training to be a doctor??? Feels like something got left on the cutting room floor.

-Furuta CM: Is this Humagear?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Re: Ryusoulger 37 released

Post by takenoko »

https://takkynoko.tumblr.com/post/11575 ... ticed-that

I don't know why but this post suddenly became popular again today. I guess since her actress is in a Sentai episode people are thinking of her again?
VerusMaya II
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Mebius, Lupinranger vs Patranger, Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Ryukendo
Dreamy: Q
Favorite Band: Calexico
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: FFXIV
Quote: veridis quo
Type: INFP Healer

Post by VerusMaya II »

Yeah, her telling off Ui/Tatsui in the beginning made it seem like they were family friends, or even Ui's teacher. Weird weird. (Was nice to see the actress again, I adored her in Drive.)

Overall an alright episode, the aesthetic of RyusoulRed riding Tyramigo was super nice. I just wish everyone got their own sweet armor too. And still wondering what everyone is doing when Koh/Canalo/token arbitrary (and optional) 3rd person is in the mech. Twiddling their thumbs? At that point all the Druidons had gone, pretty much.

Think they recycled the vest that KogumaSkyBlue / Kotaro wore in Kyuuranger before he got his uniform, for Ichirou. heheh

Every episode I miss Nada. Press F
we are here to take the blame; to take the taunts and live the shame
we are here to make you feel; it terrifies you, but it's real
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Yoshii_Rei

Yoshii Rei's cool! She's left-handed. And in 2000 she left the entertainment industry for a bit because she was fighting leukemia. She's the only person I know who's blood type changed because of blood infusions (Was Blood type A. Currently Blood type O).
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

I realized what really ticks me off about the Kishiryuu. All of the ones who get actual speaking voices are Red/Gold only. Tyramigo (red), Dimevolcano (red), Spinothunder (red), Mosa Rex (gold), Chibigaroo (ehhhh mostly red), and Pii-tan (red/gold). It's just really depressing to realize that the focus on Red is intentional rather than the result of bad writing. Getting really tired of the one-man-sentai-band.

Decent episode, good to see Rina again, although clearly this episode suffered from some sort of backstory cut.

I cast magic missile at the darkness!
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

The thing that annoys me about this episode is that it should have happened early in the season. It makes more sense for Koh not to understand Tyramigo when they've only just met, rather than now.
BreadToku
Gabu

Post by BreadToku »

Most people might complain about how the show has lately been neglecting their other rangers, but I think this show has been seriously under-utilising the fact that they have a big metal dinosaur suit that walks around the streets! This is really only the second episode that featured Tyramigo in a 'main' role, after all.

Anyhow, it was just a decent, fun, self-contained episode. I'm still bugged by the fact that there's no reason they can't just have everyone in the ultimate mecha all the time, but I'll get over it.

Max Ryusoul Red riding on top of Tyramigo is maybe not quite as impressive as the show wants me to believe, but I am wishing they did this kind of silly stunt way more often! I love seeing Tyramigo just biting on mooks, and having someone ride him like a noble steed is the perfectly goofy kind of sentai stuff I like.
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

If I were to guess, I would say it's because it's made of only 3 Kishiryuus, so only 3 cockpits. Did we have cases in this Sentai where there was more in the mecha than Kishiryuus forming it?

So a big eater (she's been eating those since she first came to Ui's houses) is giving her good to comfort her friend. Even if it's the first time she does it even when it's not the first situation when she could, it's still funny/heartwarming in its own way.
hiro9796
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: TOQger, Kamen Rider Zero One, Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger VS Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Agito, W, Zero One
Dreamy: Sinon (SAO), Megumin (Konosuba)
Favorite Actor?: Endo Aya, Shimono Hiro
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: Ah le le!

Now, count up your sins!

By the power vested in us by the Global Police, we will deal with you by force!

There's only one person who can stop you, me!
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by hiro9796 »

Mandalori wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:10 pm If I were to guess, I would say it's because it's made of only 3 Kishiryuus, so only 3 cockpits. Did we have cases in this Sentai where there was more in the mecha than Kishiryuus forming it?
What about Kishiryuu Jet (Pachygaroo, Tyramigo and Pteradon)? We see four people in there for one episode but how would that count? Seriously, it does not have to be Chibigaroo?
windfall
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by windfall »

I think the implication is that she knows them because she has been their (or at least his) doctor for a while.

I liked this episode, it was certainly one of the more "complete" episodes in terms of the story.
Aeikozz
Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Aeikozz »

this episode was garbage.
Mxylv
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Daisuke Terai
Favorite Band: GaGaalinG
Quote: Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all.

Post by Mxylv »

I thought this was pretty good; the villains seem to be getting way more interesting (more so than the heroes by this point), and some of the action sequences were pretty spectacular as well. The Tyramigo subplot didn't particularly grab me, but beyond that I thought it was actually pretty good (plus, Koh riding a dinosaur probably makes one of my favorite moments for that character). The episode kind of felt like what a Sentai episode should look like when it isn't focusing on a specific Sentai member, between its villain development, great action and letting more characters share the focus, so maybe Tyramigo-focused episodes are good for the show in that way?
Watching:
Kamen Rider Kuuga, Gotchard

Watched:
KR W, Gaim, Ghost - Build, Geats
Ultraman '66, Leo, Great, Nexus - U7X, Ginga - Blazar
Donbrothers
GS Sho, Dogengers S1-4
When in doubt,
Sanare
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
Favorite series: Go-Busters, TOQer, Hibiki
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger, Go-Onger
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Sanare »

takenoko wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:26 pm I went into this episode sorta hating it. It definitely feels like we're on previously trodden ground, and at first, it looks like a red, gold, and Tyramigo episode. It's definitely kind of a first-10-episodes stake episode airing in a last-10-episode range.
That's kind of my whole issue with this series. It feels like it's perpetually in the first 10-15 episodes. Having Nada around might have been hit or miss but at least it made the show feel like it was moving. It seems like every time a new element to the show is introduced it's beaten down as much as possible to fit into the status quo.

That being said, I did like a lot of this episode. There was an actual team work in a Sentai episode! What a concept!
Greenstalker
Mega

Post by Greenstalker »

so Kreon does not have a heart to control........or maybe Pricious can't steal his heart since he is actually king piece? I am still considering this is a possibility for various reasons.
Kamen_Rider_Shiki
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Garo
Dreamy: Malika
Favorite Actor?: Nao Nagasawa
Favorite Band: Uverworld
My boom: Garo
Quote: "Living by supporting eachother is the game called life," so why can't I get a girlfriend?
"Nobody's Perfect," until you fall in love with them.

Post by Kamen_Rider_Shiki »

Greenstalker wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:46 am so Kreon does not have a heart to control........or maybe Pricious can't steal his heart since he is actually king piece? I am still considering this is a possibility for various reasons.
You know, that actually might be valid considering how important Kreon is to them. Without him, they can't create their monsters, and the king is the most important chess piece. And like Pricious, he turns into slime.

But then again, Pricious is supposed to be a knight.
Favorites:
Kamen Rider - Black, Agito, W, Gaim, Drive, Ex-Aid
Super Sentai - Jetman, Megaranger, GoGo-V, Shinkenger, ToQger
Other - Garo, Ryukendo, Rescue Force

Return to “Kishiryuu Sentai Ryusoulger”