Ryusoulger 38 released

Another dinosaur Sentai???
Forum rules

Ryusoulger Wiki Link

< LVSP | Kishiryuu Sentai Ryusoulger | Kiramager >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:56 pm

★★★★★
10%
★★★★
30%
★★★
20%
★★
20%
20%

Total votes: 10
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: Ryusoulger 38 released

Post by Lunagel »

msf232 wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:07 am Did I see this right? TV-Nihon wrote something else instead of "Itadakimasu"? 😶
Yeah I usually don't when translating.
hiro9796
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: TOQger, Kamen Rider Zero One, Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger VS Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Agito, W, Zero One
Dreamy: Sinon (SAO), Megumin (Konosuba)
Favorite Actor?: Endo Aya, Shimono Hiro
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: Ah le le!

Now, count up your sins!

By the power vested in us by the Global Police, we will deal with you by force!

There's only one person who can stop you, me!
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by hiro9796 »

Saw the picture on the blog (without the link to threads or wiki), yeah Ryusoulger will forever be two men show. At least I like Kei-chan and Noel from preceding year, way better than these two in Episode 33.
Mxylv
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Daisuke Terai
Favorite Band: GaGaalinG
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all.

Post by Mxylv »

The overall plot wasn't bad, but... I'm not sure what the point of a team powerup is if it's not for a team to use. I still believe having as blank a slate as Koh is miles better than having an actively annoying character be the main focus (considering Lucky and what I've heard of Takaharu), but Koh needs to be a way more interesting character in order to distract me from the unnerving amount of attention he's gotten. I guess my complaining about this is pretty useless since almost everyone else has mentioned the same issue, but especially in something that seems like it should be a team-focused episode, it carries a particular sting (heck, Koh's statement that his friends should come first implies that even he's disagreeing with the writers).

Given the episode's ending, it looks like Gachileus is heading towards something untimely, perhaps implying room for one more Druidon to go afterward (unless, as some members have suggested, Kleon pulls a surprise coup). That could help shake things up a bit.
Watching:
Kamen Rider Kuuga, Gotchard

Watched:
KR W, Gaim, Ghost - Build, Geats
Ultraman '66, Leo, Great, Nexus - U7X, Ginga - Blazar
Donbrothers
GS Sho, Dogengers S1-4
When in doubt,
Kamen_Rider_Shiki
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Garo
Dreamy: Malika
Favorite Actor?: Nao Nagasawa
Favorite Band: Uverworld
My boom: Garo
Quote: "Living by supporting eachother is the game called life," so why can't I get a girlfriend?
"Nobody's Perfect," until you fall in love with them.

Post by Kamen_Rider_Shiki »

There's no link to the forum on the front page. Inrohmaru, you are not.
Favorites:
Kamen Rider - Black, Agito, W, Gaim, Drive, Ex-Aid
Super Sentai - Jetman, Megaranger, GoGo-V, Shinkenger, ToQger
Other - Garo, Ryukendo, Rescue Force
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Kamen_Rider_Shiki wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 3:24 am Inrohmaru, you are not.
???
Kamen_Rider_Shiki
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Garo
Dreamy: Malika
Favorite Actor?: Nao Nagasawa
Favorite Band: Uverworld
My boom: Garo
Quote: "Living by supporting eachother is the game called life," so why can't I get a girlfriend?
"Nobody's Perfect," until you fall in love with them.

Post by Kamen_Rider_Shiki »

takenoko wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 5:04 pm
Kamen_Rider_Shiki wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 3:24 am Inrohmaru, you are not.
???
It was the trinket for Shinkenger. You know, that other shareable super transformation similar to Ryusoulcalibur but instead had build up and actual presence to the plot.
Favorites:
Kamen Rider - Black, Agito, W, Gaim, Drive, Ex-Aid
Super Sentai - Jetman, Megaranger, GoGo-V, Shinkenger, ToQger
Other - Garo, Ryukendo, Rescue Force
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Oooh. Dang, why didn't I catch that reference myself.
Deadrider50
Infinity
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Ghost
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Ex-Aid
Dreamy: Shijima Kiriko
Favorite Actor?: Sano Gaku
Favorite Band: DA PUMP
My boom: Download all Tokusatsu and Anime Series
Quote: I'll do it in my way. Don't butt in
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Deadrider50 »

Lunagel wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 2:50 pm
msf232 wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:07 am Did I see this right? TV-Nihon wrote something else instead of "Itadakimasu"? 😶
Note: Found some mistake at 19:53/19:54. The Extreme Dino Slash has two subtitle context.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Deadrider50 wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 6:22 pm
Lunagel wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 2:50 pm

Note: Found some mistake at 19:53/19:54. The Extreme Dino Slash has two subtitle context.
You'll live
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

I'm a bit late to the party here, but boy, was this an uneven episode.

On the one hand, the action was absolutely fantastic. Real top-tier stuff. But then the plot underwriting all of this was miserable. Super Sentai exists to sell toys, but it's not supposed to be so dang obvious.

As everyone else has noted, the team Red gets a power-up has been done to death this season. It's not necessarily that Ryusoulger has more toys than previous seasons, but all of it is getting routed through Red. So this is like the 6th or 7th power-up that he's gotten so far. And it's massively redundant when he just got the mother of all power-ups, MaxRyuSoulRed, a few episodes ago.

Strangely, the problem isn't bad writing in general. The dialog is good, as is the characterization. So the writers aren't just phoning this in. Instead it feels like a lack of direction from the top; either they're having to make up everything as they go along, or the lead writer isn't doing a good job keeping everyone in sync. I'm inclined to think it's the former; this episode just screams "last minute toy idea", which would explain why it doesn't make a whole lot of sense within the larger series arcs.

The plus side, at least, is that the action is great. Koichi Sakamoto is back in the director's chair for this one, and his fingerprints are all over the stunts. We got a few untransformed fights here, and Red vs. Gold was particularly good. Even the mecha team, whose output has been incredibly inconsistent the last few months, was clearly putting in extra effort for this episode.

It's just a shame all of this work went into an episode that was so utterly unnecessary. Technically this episode drove the series plot forward, if only a minuscule amount, but it did so in an convoluted and uninteresting way.
takenoko wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:56 pm I really dislike introducing a character like Yuno this late, and in as clumsy a manner as it was. I literally have in my notes "Who's Yuno?"
Isn't this pretty much a Sentai tradition at this point though? The Sentai movie equivalent of a Bond Girl pretty much always shows up in the late 30s or early 40s. Not that it couldn't be handled better, of course, but for regular viewers like us, it should be pretty obvious right off the bat where she's from, even without having seen the movie.
Lunagel wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:20 pm Christ almighty I'm freaking tired of these red/gold only power-ups. I've lost all interest in anyone fighting whatsoever because clearly they're just going to have those two save their asses every time.
To be fair, Gold has received next to zilch for actual power-ups. In fact, even though this is clearly his half-assed power-up, he still had to let Red play with it first!
Would it kill them to give someone else something? Would it kill them to have more than 2 episodes in a row where Red doesn't get the focus?
Probably.:| They really are putting all of their energy into using Red to show off the new toys. I can't see how it's good for the series, but I can begrudgingly admit that it may make sense for toy sales.
VerusMaya II wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:48 pmAnyway... this power-up is ugly, and superfluous. I'm not convinced it'll be a group power-up, because only Koh and Canalo had to face the trial. It'll just be shared between the two of them.
Hell, I'm not even convinced it's going to be shared. Just look at the cape and mantle; that's Gold's color scheme, right down to the dark purple. I fully expect this to be a Gold-only power-up from here on out. The only reason Red was involved was for whatever convoluted reason he gets first dibs on all of the other power-ups as well.
At least Kleon got to vent a little bit. Kinda rooting for him at this point.
I have a gut feeling the writers had been saving that exchange for a while now. The show has certainly done a good job building up to it. Kleon remains the only thing resembling a well-written villain in this series.
BreadToku wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:40 pm Anyhow, this reminded me a lot of last year's episode with the Lupin Magnum. Just like that episode, it was a mostly fun little adventure that ultimately shows off a new toy, though there's a few things that bug me.

[...]

The new toy is... very underwhelming. It's just a repainted version of the swords they already always use, and it gives a cape and mantle. Cool? It doesn't even do anything for the mecha either. Also it's significantly less impressive than Max RyusoulRed, which they show side-by-side to prove that it is less impressive.
Showing Ryusoul Calibur and MaxRed next to each other really was a stupid thing to do. It makes the half-assed repaint and cheap cape incredibly obvious; there's no room for doubt that this is a last minute addition being driven by the toy side of the franchise.

Which also makes it quite different from Lupin Magnum. Magnum was very toy driven, but it was also far better integrated into the series. Someone planned for Magnum early on, rather than foisting it on to the showrunners at the last minute.
Deadrider50
Infinity

Post by Deadrider50 »

Lunagel wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 12:28 am
Deadrider50 wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 6:22 pm

You'll live
So, you're not gonna fix this right?
VerusMaya II
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Mebius, Lupinranger vs Patranger, Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Ryukendo
Dreamy: Q
Favorite Band: Calexico
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: FFXIV
Quote: veridis quo

Post by VerusMaya II »

Deadrider50 wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:02 pm
Lunagel wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 12:28 am

You'll live
It's not critical enough to warrant a v2, but it will likely go in the pile of things to fix after the fact for if/when we ever do Blu-ray releases.
we are here to take the blame; to take the taunts and live the shame
we are here to make you feel; it terrifies you, but it's real
Deadrider50
Infinity

Post by Deadrider50 »

VerusMaya II wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:23 pm
Deadrider50 wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:02 pm
It's not critical enough to warrant a v2, but it will likely go in the pile of things to fix after the fact for if/when we ever do Blu-ray releases.
Thanks for the quick reply. It just feel awkward when there's 2 different context there. I know it's not worth it to get v2. I just hope these mistake never happens again.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Deadrider50 wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:35 pm
VerusMaya II wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:23 pm
Thanks for the quick reply. It just feel awkward when there's 2 different context there. I know it's not worth it to get v2. I just hope these mistake never happens again.
You have my personal guarantee that no mistakes will ever happen again.

/me hammers a flyer on the T-N wall

"No mistkes again! Do it for Deadrider50;"
Deadrider50
Infinity

Post by Deadrider50 »

takenoko wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:37 pm
Deadrider50 wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:35 pm
You have my personal guarantee that no mistakes will ever happen again.

/me hammers a flyer on the T-N wall

"No mistkes again! Do it for Deadrider50;"
Thanks for your understanding. And sorry if i'm being rude to you guys before. Btw, I just found out that the video encoding for KR Zero One Episodes on TTFC has some problem. I think that's why the episode are a bit, you know... bad and in low quality...

I think the problems are also on Episode 15 and 16

Return to “Kishiryuu Sentai Ryusoulger”