Kishiryuu Sentai Ryusoulger 42 Released

Another dinosaur Sentai???
Forum rules

Ryusoulger Wiki Link

< LVSP | Kishiryuu Sentai Ryusoulger | Kiramager >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:23 am

★★★★★
12%
★★★★
41%
★★★
35%
★★
6%
6%

Total votes: 17
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Kishiryuu Sentai Ryusoulger 42 Released

Post by Lunagel »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Previous episode rating: 3.78 / 5 (9 votes)

Alt Title:

Soooooo does this mean we won't be seeing Ui again this series? I'm not adverse to that, but damn girl, what did you do to piss off the producers that much you disappear for like 10 episodes and then get written out of the show?

Seeing as we're 6 episodes away from the end, I'd like to take this time to bitch about some things. 1) I can't believe they cast those awesome actors for the Masters and then barely used them. 2) So we're not even going to acknowledge Set anymore? Well that plotline got dropped like a hot potato. 3) If there's really nothing dinosaur-y going on then why the hell weren't they dragon knights? That would've been so much cooler. 4) goddamn Nagasawa Nao got shafted in that cameo there 5) one character does not a sentai support

Just give Kaneko Kaori lead for a series and make it a farce! She has written probably the most interesting and funniest episodes of the past couple sentai so just do it already!
Slowking
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Favorite series: Magi/Geki/Gokai/Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Gosei/W
Quote: Henshin!

Re: Kishiryuu Sentai Ryusoulger 42 Released

Post by Slowking »

Lunagel wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:33 pm 3) If there's really nothing dinosaur-y going on then why the hell weren't they dragon knights? That would've been so much cooler.
I suspect they turned this into a dinosaur Sendai (only 6 years after Kyouryuuger, many aspects are almost exact copies from that show) at the last minute, in order to mitigate the bad toy sales from Lupin vs. Pat. A shame indeed if true, and I’d like to see if the toy sales actually went up or not.
4) goddamn Nagasawa Nao got shafted in that cameo there
That was baaaaaaaaad.

The Asuna-is-obsessed-with-food-but-nothing-else annoys me a lot too. Most of her lines are about food.

Did Wiseru even have any sort of rivalry with Koh? The only instance of any rivalry I remember was from the Dimevolcano introductory episode, and it was more about Dimevolcano than Koh anyway. Didn’t Bamba have more of a rivalry with him? Trying to beat him alongside Towa, the PM being of the ryusoul tribe and Bamba’s love from the past episodes coming to mind.

It’s a mess and sadly Wiseru is gone - and he was the most enjoyable of them all. Well done for the standing ovation,
Wiseru.
Behold the Emperor!
VerusMaya II
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Mebius, Lupinranger vs Patranger, Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Ryukendo
Dreamy: Q
Favorite Band: Calexico
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: FFXIV
Quote: veridis quo
Type: INFP Healer

Post by VerusMaya II »

How in the world did this follow from the previous episode? Kleon goes running to Wiseru, thinking maybe they should work with the Ryusoulgers... and then all of a sudden Wiseru and Kleon are staging some grand murder-play for them?

Was that really Wiseru's death? He didn't explode so I don't trust it.

Agreed on what the hell happened to Ui. And them dropping Set like a hot potato was also pretty upsetting, because he was a good window into tribal history (and also served as the "wise" mentor).

Mediocre episode.

The scene where Koh and Bamba were looking for the hidden room... wasn't that location used in one of the first couple of episodes of PGSM, with Naru's mother? It looked familiar. The stage itself looked familiar too, but I can't recall if I saw it for GameCenter CX or a 90s SeraMyu.
we are here to take the blame; to take the taunts and live the shame
we are here to make you feel; it terrifies you, but it's real
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Sorry Shita Ayumi, but that episode felt especially uneven. Maybe there were problems with execs pushing for writing Ui off the show and wrapping up the Wiseru stuff, but some of the bad points really did sting.

Which is too bad, since there's enjoyable moments in this episode. Smart even!
-Love Wiseru singing and Melto/Towa dancing
-The use of the spicy drink at the beginning was pretty kind of a smart mini arc.
-Also love the use of Canalo having Romeo and Juliet as his dating bible, kinda explains some things
-We actually get to see RyusoulKing (is that its name?) use its different weapons!
-Slime guy standing up to defend Wiseru. A lot of things don't work in this series. Like a fuckton of things. But slime guy and his friendship with Wiseru does? Like that Koh just walks away and lies about defeating Wiseru

I don't know, I feel like they're setting up a redemption for slime guy, but I don't think he deserves it? He's certainly harmed a lot of people and threatened them too. He's not just an innocent bystander in the horrible acts that Druidons are doing.

Looking back, there was a lot of stuff I dug about this episode that I don't know if I appreciated while viewing. It feels like putting the Ui thing at the beginning instead of the end just distracted me with wondering what happened to her and her actress. Like seriously, what the fuck happened there?

On paper maybe 4-5 stars, feeling while watching it more a 3-4.

Notes I wrote while watching:
/me starts the video.
Is this how they're getting rid of Ui?!

Wait, the Druidons have a base?

Ha, I like how Wiseru just refers to black as the shy guy

Canalo knows the end to Romeo and Juliet? Then why is he using it for advice on his love life?!

Canalo finally becoming the harassment pest he was always meant to be

That Minusaur can make written things real. Ergo. Hidden room. The writing for this episode feels especially rushed

Wait, so is Wiseru alive or not?
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I actually had to pause and laugh my ass off when Ui left. Holy shit. This series has totally misused its supporting characters. The village Elder, the masters, Ui and her Dad/Set and what's his name that got the Gaisorg armour and died the very next episode.

Now they go and kill off the only interesting Druidon commander. And on top of that its Red that finishes him off, like all the other ones. Yawn.

I hate this series. It's done very little right.
fartboy
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: ToQger
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Robert Baldwin
Favorite Actor?: Yosuke Kishi
Favorite Band: Do As Infinity
Alignment: Neutral

Post by fartboy »

Lunagel wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:33 pm
Soooooo does this mean we won't be seeing Ui again this series? I'm not adverse to that, but damn girl, what did you do to piss off the producers that much you disappear for like 10 episodes and then get written out of the show?
She's in the hospital with a serious illness.

https://www.rangerboard.com/showpost.ph ... count=3855

Edit: She even looks ill in the episode. Like they're trying to cover it up.
hiro9796
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: TOQger, Kamen Rider Zero One, Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger VS Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Agito, W, Zero One
Dreamy: Sinon (SAO), Megumin (Konosuba)
Favorite Actor?: Endo Aya, Shimono Hiro
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: Ah le le!

Now, count up your sins!

By the power vested in us by the Global Police, we will deal with you by force!

There's only one person who can stop you, me!
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by hiro9796 »

fartboy wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:16 pm
Lunagel wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:33 pm
She's in the hospital with a serious illness.

https://www.rangerboard.com/showpost.ph ... count=3855

Edit: She even looks ill in the episode. Like they're trying to cover it up.

Oh, that's rather unfortunate but if actress health problem. It cannot be help. I still remember about Den O actress suddenly vanished from the story and come off as a kid, similar situation but at last minute.

Catastrophe wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:46 am I actually had to pause and laugh my ass off when Ui left. Holy shit. This series has totally misused its supporting characters. The village Elder, the masters, Ui and her Dad/Set and what's his name that got the Gaisorg armour and died the very next episode.

I hate this series. It's done very little right.
Nada and yes. I agree. For me, with the exception of this and a few episodes, the rest considered worst series ever
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

The hospitalization was a couple years back, there's nothing on her blog/twitter/social media about what it is this time. Possibly could be a relapse, she does look a little peaky.
CheetahLynx
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Engine Sentai Go-Onger

Post by CheetahLynx »

Ui is leaving to America? You'd think that's where she was the last two months.

The show thing was actually pretty fun in my opinion.

Ok, I have to admit, Wiseru's "death" did make me feel something. I don't know what it was, but it was definitely something, which is a lot compared to last season's villains or the likes of Gachileus.

4/5
CheetahLynx
I was gonna list all the series I've watched but there's a 255 character limit. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Oh well.
dryedmangoez
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by dryedmangoez »

VerusMaya II wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:17 pm How in the world did this follow from the previous episode? Kleon goes running to Wiseru, thinking maybe they should work with the Ryusoulgers... and then all of a sudden Wiseru and Kleon are staging some grand murder-play for them?

Was that really Wiseru's death? He didn't explode so I don't trust it.
This is exactly my question. What happened there? I was waiting for some big twist or gotcha at the end, but there was nothing. It was like this episode was the climax to a completely different story. I don't understand what happened at all.
Aeikozz
Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K

Post by Aeikozz »

I'm not even going to lie Ui was actually one of the only reasons that made this show bearable.

God i need this show to be over like now.

It's so bad.
RangerJustify
Quote: Where there is life, there is the roar of justice.

Post by RangerJustify »

"Do not seek financial gain in pursuit of the arts."
That has got to be THE WORST advice I have EVER seen from a Tokusatsu episode. Don't these shows promote the pursuit of dreams? Aren't acting, manga, music and SO many things that this genre NEEDS to survive considered art? This is so hypocritical it makes my head spin. "Follow your dreams, but also, don't!"

Maybe I'm overreacting and he meant don't make profits the forefront of why you create. But if that's the case, it should have been communicated better.
Eternal_Winterbane
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Go-Busters
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Eternal_Winterbane »

Sure this will go down in my list (as well as everyone else's it seems) as one of the worst Sentai seasons (Still higher than Kyuuranger personally) But Wizeru and Kleon have been the best things and they got the best character songs featured in the show and i cannot wait for Wizeru's full song to be released so i can get it like i did Kleon's
ShepardRahl
Infinity
Favorite series: Kamen rider
2nd Favorite Series: Super Sentai
Dreamy: Yoshizawa Hitomi
Favorite Actor?: Dwayne Johnson
My boom: Rider Belts
Quote: I will tell you something about anything...if not everything.
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by ShepardRahl »

People have made comments about how Ui has been gone for the last few months. I didn't even notice she was gone. 'lol' That's about how much I care about her character. I don't hate her. She just doesn't serve much purpose.

I was Kleon in that final scene. I really liked Wiseru and if he's really gone then that sucks. I really liked his song in his Act 1. Too bad that isn't an actual song you can get somewhere.

I'm not sure I agree that this is the worst sentai. Yes it had it's problems with some inconstancy and just dropping plot items. How they handled the Giasorg armor was really bad, but I would argue that it's better than some of the more recent ones...Ninninger, ToQger, Lupin vs Pat (in some aspects).
I will tell you something about anything...if not everything!
kangchan
Douza Uru Zazaado

Post by kangchan »

ShepardRahl wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:18 am I'm not sure I agree that this is the worst sentai. Yes it had it's problems with some inconstancy and just dropping plot items. How they handled the Giasorg armor was really bad, but I would argue that it's better than some of the more recent ones...Ninninger, ToQger, Lupin vs Pat (in some aspects).
Ryusoulger is better than Toqger? Which part is better? The better of Ryusoulger is the suit and mecha, about the cast, villain and plot, is boring.

Return to “Kishiryuu Sentai Ryusoulger”