Ryusoulger 43 released

Another dinosaur Sentai???
Forum rules

Ryusoulger Wiki Link

< LVSP | Kishiryuu Sentai Ryusoulger | Kiramager >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:49 pm

★★★★★
17%
★★★★
42%
★★★
17%
★★
8%
17%

Total votes: 12
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Ryusoulger 43 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Previous episode rating: 3.38 / 5 (13 votes)

Alt Title: Zzz... oh shit, is it time to write the ending?

Just realized Saden is the "left" version of Uden's "right". Wait, if Wiseru is a bishop. And Saden and Uden are also bishops, that's too many bishops for the board!

Gunjouji's design and use of the word jou/castle would make you think he's a rook, but the design of his belt seems to indicate he's a knight. Also, why does he use balls like Tankjou? Is he just a recycled Tankjou?

So does that make Eras the Queen?

Why can't Bamba just tell them what he knows instead of having it force extracted? What? Master Black killed a bunch of guys and left? How did Towa not realize this before?

And suddenly we're in a training montage. Way to be proactive guys

What? Why is Oto trying to run away?

What is going on? Is this the set up for the ending? It's so clumsy...

This CGI fire, makes me burn up!

Why does Master Black treat Towa like the chosen one?

What he can just dodge red's finisher? Are they allowed to do that?

Gungeorge 2? So three knights? Does Pricious know how chess works?

Why did Pricious take Saden's heart? He literally has no personality

What was the WEGO advertising???

What? Master Black is TimeBlack?!
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: Ryusoulger 43 released

Post by Lunagel »

Heras better get some sort of actual suit form otherwise I'mma be pissed.

Gunjouji's name is apparently derived from GUN+頑丈 (ganjou) "sturdy/strong"+嬰児 (eiji) "baby"

I used Hellas before but changed it to Heras as it's believed to be derived from Hera, not Helios.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Gunjouji does look like they recycled Tankjous costume (or design at least).

The only good thing is the implication that my man Wiseru might be alive. I'm hoping him and Kreon pull some shit to give the Ryusoulgers the edge against the other Druidons.
Greenstalker
Mega

Post by Greenstalker »

takenoko wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:49 pm < Previous
Wiki
Next >

Previous episode rating: 3.38 / 5 (13 votes)

Just realized Saden is the "left" version of Uden's "right". Wait, if Wiseru is a bishop. And Saden and Uden are also bishops, that's too many bishops for the board!

Gunjouji's design and use of the word jou/castle would make you think he's a rook, but the design of his belt seems to indicate he's a knight. Also, why does he use balls like Tankjou? Is he just a recycled Tankjou?

Gungeorge 2? So three knights? Does Pricious know how chess works?
When a peon reaches to other end of board it can become another piece I think they are using that rule as a premise to get more pieces so there can be 8 more pieces of different types.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I guess that makes sense. I kind of forgot about the chess motif the Druidons had.
CheetahLynx
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Engine Sentai Go-Onger

Post by CheetahLynx »

They're doing the suit-less roll call in THIS episode?! They usually save that for the finale, why not continue that?
CheetahLynx
I was gonna list all the series I've watched but there's a 255 character limit. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Oh well.
BreadToku
Gabu

Post by BreadToku »

I liked this one. Its surreal to be told this backstory about Banba and Master Black since that feels like something that could have come up when we were first introduced to Banba and Towa, or at least hinted at, but its still neat to learn even if its coming very late. The threat is obviously ramping up since we're nearing the end of the show, and I don't expect it to be much more involved than 'the bad guys are at that their strongest and the heroes fight harder than ever', but honestly I don't really need much more from this show.
Last edited by BreadToku on Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
VerusMaya II
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Mebius, Lupinranger vs Patranger, Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Ryukendo
Dreamy: Q
Favorite Band: Calexico
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: FFXIV
Quote: veridis quo
Type: INFP Healer

Post by VerusMaya II »

Actor for baby Bamba was cute and actually looked like what Bamba might've looked like.

Yeah, why was TimeBlack treating Towa like a chosen super special child?

Wiseru's heart still existing gives me hope. Definitely still rooting for Druidon Sentai Kleonranger because these dino nerds are putting me to sleep.
we are here to take the blame; to take the taunts and live the shame
we are here to make you feel; it terrifies you, but it's real
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Like others have noted, this episode feels like a rather sudden jump in some ways. Even though there are still 5 episodes left (which is quite a few), it already feels like they're setting up the end game. Which makes me suspect it's going to all be one big audience fake-out. But we'll see where this goes.

I do enjoy episodes that focus on the overarching plot. But because of how sudden this end game scenario is, this episode comes off as a bit overstuffed. We finally get to meet Master Black, have the Druidon queen explained, and see how new Druidons are created all in one episode. Also, I guess the blue bird was sealed away at some point? (I thought the whole story there was that he ran off to avoid being sealed?)

Meanwhile, Towa is dino Jesus, it seems? This is a plot point that's coming very late. It does helpfully explain why Bamba is almost overprotective of Towa, but it also seems to be coming quite late for something that is being set up to be super important.

We got a good bit of untransformed fighting here, which I always appreciate. Bamba's actor in particular is once again quite impressive in that respect. The dude has some moves.

And just how many gorram times is Oto going to get kidnapped?!
takenoko wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:49 pm Why can't Bamba just tell them what he knows instead of having it force extracted? What? Master Black killed a bunch of guys and left? How did Towa not realize this before?
Since when have they had an interrogation Soul, anyhow?
Why did Pricious take Saden's heart? He literally has no personality
At least he's a consistent bastard, I suppose?
Catastrophe wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:23 am Gunjouji does look like they recycled Tankjous costume (or design at least).
Oh they definitely did. The spikes, various armor pieces, and the checkerboard decorations all line up. It's basically Tankjou with the rook towers removed, some new gun and wingy bits bolted on, and a new paint job. So either they got lazy and had to create something at the last moment based on an existing design (hi, Saden!), or I guess we're not going to see Tankjou anymore. Which actually raises some questions, since Toei normally keeps the general suits intact for PR and later reuse.
CheetahLynx wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:50 pm They're doing the suit-less roll call in THIS episode?! They usually save that for the finale, why not continue that?
The heavy CGI makes it especially weird. Normally the helmetless roll calls are super clean - you have all of the actors on set, and you want to show them off. Instead we get something with a massive amount of CGI that was clearly filmed in front of a green screen. We don't even get to see all six of them at once; they're all individual shots.
Eternal_Winterbane
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Go-Busters
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Eternal_Winterbane »

I am honestly surprised no one caught the nature of Saden's heart, compared to say Wizeru or ship-dude (Forgot what his name was, goes to show how bad that character was) they had very defined and matching heart's. Saden however is human, which putting the facts brought up in this episode leads to who Saden really is
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

How can you tell it's a human heart?
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

It's not as dressed up as G-man or Wiseru's. But it is the same heart model. Saden is a fodder commander who won't be around for long, so I'm not surprised that they didn't put in the same degree of effort.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Ooh, thanks for the side by sides. Yeah, the only noticeable feature with his heart is that it seems like it has a tall hat like his head
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

ViRGE wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:22 am Also, I guess the blue bird was sealed away at some point? (I thought the whole story there was that he ran off to avoid being sealed?)
Nope, they did said he run away but as sealed, which is why he fell back to Earth.
ViRGE wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:22 am Meanwhile, Towa is dino Jesus, it seems? This is a plot point that's coming very late. It does helpfully explain why Bamba is almost overprotective of Towa, but it also seems to be coming quite late for something that is being set up to be super important.

Personally, I see it more as Towa is more fun or less serious, or more sociable, than Bamba or Master Black.
ViRGE wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:22 am Since when have they had an interrogation Soul, anyhow?
Since they used it on Ui to find out about Kleon.

Return to “Kishiryuu Sentai Ryusoulger”